Forums are back in action! ×

Can't believe I didn't find these forums the first time!

Hi folks! My name is Nick (or Nicolas) and I'd found NerdFitness around a year ago, but never found these forums for some reason! So I'm a 20 year old trans guy, and I'm pretty badly overweight. This, along with other things,  makes it difficult for me personally to pass as male, and so I've decided that while I can't really change my lack of facial hair of the pitch of my voice, I can work on my weight, and just be healthier in general! I love feeling strong and powerful as well, so there's really no downside to trying to get back in shape the way I see it. While I loved lifting weights when I was going to the gym, the reality is that even if I could afford it, I'll be moving to Mexico in a couple of months and it would be a lot harder to get to a gym there, so I'll be mostly relying on bodyweight exercises and walking (running is impossible in a binder, and I don't like going in public in a sports bra). I've chosen to try to go the Assassin route even thought I'd LOVE to go Warrior, due to the lack of being able to really use weights. 

Personality wise, I'm a Ravenclaw, and if anyone remembers that 3 fictional character challenge, I've got 4 for ya: Baymax from Big Hero 6,  Luke Skywalker, America Chavez, and Clara Oswald. D&D race/class wise, I'm a half elf bard. 

I love D&D (shout out to anyone who watches Critical role or listens to the Adventure Zone!) and I DM for a group of trans folks online. I'm also a big Star Wars, Marvel and DC, Doctor Who and Avatar the Last Airbender nerd (I really wish I could do martial arts stuff, but again lack of money and moving to Mexico put a bit of a dent in that). I also love computer games (though I'm incredibly bad at them). I was a music major before I dropped out of college, but my love of music certainly hasn't stopped!

I put this in my First Time challenge post, but I figure it can't hurt to put here too: Since I'm a trans guy, who may or may not be able to get on testosterone, which version of the Academy should I look into joining, since it's split into Men and Women? While I identify as a man, I don't have a man's body or build and don't know how much it matters. 

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to meeting y'all!

• Like 1

Welcome!!

tumblr_m6af45vQCl1rzeqyio1_500.gif

As far as I see it, most join as what they identify. In the end it doesn't really matter, I think. The fundamentals are the same for everyone and when you have enough experience you do your own thing anyway. But, tbh, at the moment I don't know how much sex-specific there is. Maybe the calorie amounts...

There is a LBTQA thread/subforum somewhere, if I remember correctly, and the people there might be able to help.

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

CR AND TAZ! ahem. For some reason, they're a bit shy on that front on these forums, most people preferring the classically nerdy stuff, so very cool to have you around :P

The move sounds exciting, and who knows what opportunities you'll get down there?

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest