Forums are back in action! ×

Rookies Battle Log

Poncho is back home and sleeping. He was very excited to see me. He has meds twice daily, a topical cream because his skin didn't like being shaved or having the IV. And his IV came out of his vein at one point and I am not sure they found it quickly because his arm is HUGE with fluid. But they said it should absorb into his body.  I got him the fancy low fat gastro food from the vet and he gets a meal every 3 hrs. And its very stinky kibble so he's quite chuffed about that. 

• Like 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

How's Poncho doing now?

• Like 2

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

On 5/4/2023 at 8:55 AM, TimovieMan said:

How's Poncho doing now?

Oh I missed this. We switched his food to a low fat one and he's been doing good since. 

Since then Rook, my boxer, has cancer that's manifested in a very large tumor over his ribs. I'm keeping him comfortable and happy until it's time to PTS. So far he's still a happy boy and not in pain. 

And Winnie was diagnosed with megaesophagus. So far it's managed.

I'm unsure about making a challenge this time around so I might just post here instead. We will see. 

Currently I am camping which is nice. It's a bit chilly at night but there's something about waking up in the morning to some crisp air and having a cozy blanket. The plan today is to go fly fishing and make a beef stew over the fire. My hamstrings are quite sore from setting up camp yesterday and my feet are crying.

• Like 2

Back home. Fly fishing went well and I caught maybe 5-6 tiny chubs. We had fun. Now I'm doing the fun thing of unpacking. We go again in 2 weeks. So I'm cleaning/reorganizing the camping bins and drying the tent, waders and boots. Oh and of course playing with a certain puppy who missed me a lot. 

Tomorrow I need to repack everything up and put it away. Pick up Winnie's medication refill and go visit Daisy. 

• Like 1

I'm feeling pretty accomplished tonight. Winnie and I went on a walk practiced our place and played in a field doing our recall and sit/stays. We had a blast. I put some stuff away from camping and started doing the laundry. And I visited miss Daisy and gave her some dinner. 

Spoiler

IMG_20230910_164540_638.jpg.c0b9a488c70a252e73ba93367563c713.jpg

IMG_20230910_164540_666.jpg.f51db2b35166f768f3209d349eb9cd8b.jpg

IMG_20230910_164540_505.jpg.f3447e7684ca66a986ef8dae6a05d7a5.jpg

PXL_20230910_222932055_MP.thumb.jpg.da43318810a1ea690a576dcc10e1e032.jpg

PXL_20230910_222111046.thumb.jpg.f520e069ad796b30498764f81172d64f.jpgIMG_20230910_164707_994.jpg.97a894b64f7df3935a450cb3241f21d5.jpg

IMG_20230910_164708_014.jpg.4830de0fc219e2d253c4ba1c0fe9d29a.jpg

IMG_20230910_164708_043.jpg.cf078e50fa87c2f1ee3e2fa06981a196.jpg

IMG_20230910_182628_025.jpg.f2f5a935cc867d6b24e70e68a692876d.jpg

IMG_20230910_182628_072.jpg.4e332026288aa151e89b54d1ef81e97a.jpg

• Like 1

I had a nice visit with Daisy today. I gave her a good brushing which she needed badly and lunged her in the new arena. It is quite small but it is nice and bright. I came home for lunch then Winnie and I headed out to do some dog chores. When I got back I mowed the lawns. 

Tomorrow I'll try trimming Daisy's feet because they are getting long and I don't know when the farrier comes at this barn. She was getting a bit restless today and Mr.R is in the office tomorrow so I can take as long as I need. Tomorrow I also need to print my forms and fill them out for my hormone appointment Wednesday. 

• Like 1

So far I took Winnie for a walk around a new park and we practiced our recall. She's so cute and she was clearly having a lot of fun. 

I got all 4 of Daisy's feet trimmed today and maybe in record time. Not bad for taking a 4 month break from trimming. I sweat a lot ? I'm hoping to get on her sometime soon but I might wait until she's put it with the herd which will be any day. 

After the barn I got all the paperwork printed for my appointment tomorrow. It took awhile but it's filled out. I'm a bit nervous. 

• Like 1

Had my appointment. I am not sure how I feel about everything. There was a nurse that came and asked a BUNCH of health related questions, listened to my lungs, heart and took my blood pressure. That took maybe 40-45 minutes.  Then at the end I got to speak with the nurse practitioner who is the main lady. That portion felt kind of rushed and anti-climactic... it lasted maybe like 5 minutes. She said she can't do bloodwork for hormones with me being on BCP which I guess makes some sense but would have been nice to know ahead of time. She gave me a paper to get bloodwork to test some mineral/vitamin levels and glucose, thyroid, etc. She said we will go from there and if I decide to come off BCP then we can talk about testing hormones. She said the only BC other than condoms that aren't hormonal is the copper IUD but it can cause really heavy bleeding and cramps. Off BCP I already have heavy bleeding and cramps so I guess it means it potentially would be worse. So I guess until my next appointment I will track my moods, headaches, feet aching and acid reflux. I wish I did that before. I saw the clinic has some very bad reviews saying the main lady is under investigation with the College of nurses and that she did things that risked their lives or permanently eff-ed them up. That doesn't help me feel good about it either haha. Cause I have no idea what the circumstances are there but from what I have heard from other peoples experiences she tends to be more on the cautious side and gives you all the options to help you make your decision. 

• Like 2