Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! PIRATE EDITION [June 19-September 3, 2023]

6/19: 240

6/26- 236.6

7/3- 237.5

7/10- 236.2

7/17-235.2

7/24-232

This was a bigger drop this week, and I honestly don't know why, but I'm glad for it, and will be content if I can maintain it this week instead of bouncing back up a pound like I did for week 3. 

We're halfway through this voyage, y'all!!

• Like 2

6/19: 154.4

6/26: 152.5

7/03: 152.3

7/10: 152.5

7/17: 153.2

7/24: 153.4

7/31: TBD

8/07: TBD

8/14: TBD

8/21: TBD

8/28: TBD

9/04: TBD

I'm glad to see I'm not up more after the 3 day girls trip. Yesterday I was nearly a pound higher than this morning's weigh in so I've managed to drop some bloat already. I hope that isn't the only bloat I'm dropping, though. Another 3 day trip this weekend to contend with and we won't be back until Tuesday so I'm really not thinking I'll meet my goal of 8lbs for this. Halfway through and only 1lb down, eek! I guess any loss I'll be happy with though.

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

6/19: 174.8

6/26: 177.1

7/7: 175.3

7/10: 172.7

7/17: 170.2

7/24: 173.9

Well, I wasn't expecting the really low number to last, but I also wasn't expecting quite so big a jump back up.  Especially since yesterday I was at 173.0.  I think some of it might be bloat?  Or still inflamed muscles from the really hard derby game I played on Saturday?  Guess I'll find out as the week goes on.  I think we have a scrimmage tonight, and then one more practice for me and one more for my son, and then a month off.  In theory, August is going to be much less busy, so I'm really hoping I can dial my diet in and drop some weight for real, and also figure out a way to keep that going when things get busy again!

• Like 3

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

56 minutes ago, Elennare said:

Well, I wasn't expecting the really low number to last, but I also wasn't expecting quite so big a jump back up.  Especially since yesterday I was at 173.0.  I think some of it might be bloat?  Or still inflamed muscles from the really hard derby game I played on Saturday?  Guess I'll find out as the week goes on.  I think we have a scrimmage tonight, and then one more practice for me and one more for my son, and then a month off.  In theory, August is going to be much less busy, so I'm really hoping I can dial my diet in and drop some weight for real, and also figure out a way to keep that going when things get busy again!

It must be bloat if you were nearly a pound lower yesterday! Hopefully it's a quick drop off for you.

I, too, am looking forward to a much less busy and stressful August to really dial back in. We can do it, I believe in us both!

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

8 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

I'm late to the party and I've not really done a PvP before but is there a mechanism by which I can join for the next challenge cycle?

Yes, come join us! Spreadsheet link is in the first post of the thread. Input the starting information and update weekly and off ye go!

6/21: 267 (my lowest weight in YEARS)

6/30: 269 (up 2 - unexpected funeral while moving) 

7/03: 269 (steady...)

7/10: 270 (up 1)

7/18: 272 (up 2)

7/24: 273  (up 1)

So I am having hormones related bloat...  but 100% the weekend had me a curb ball. I made meal prep to difficult, and I need to give myself some simple structure for weekends I can't see straight. 

Jack Sparrow Port GIF - Jack Sparrow Port Potc GIFs

I also need to sleep to help with overeating. 

Upside I did a pirate side quest, I went paddle boating with someone. The last 20 mins were constant paddling against a storm wind.... 

Bike Rentals & Pedal Boat Rentals in Chicago, Illinois

• Like 5

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

1 hour ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Upside I did a pirate side quest, I went paddle boating with someone. The last 20 mins were constant paddling against a storm wind....

Oh I really want to try this! Sounds much nicer than the paddle boarding everyone around me talks about. I'm a total klutz, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Darciana said:

Oh I really want to try this! Sounds much nicer than the paddle boarding everyone around me talks about. I'm a total klutz, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

100% say try it if you can find it! You will need one person with you, as we found the boat we had seemed to be one-sided with my powerful paddling (yay muscles lol). 

The person I actually had come with me has a history of getting nervous around water at times, and had no problems with the fun we had. One thing about paddle boats is you move SLOW, but that is what makes a great exercise ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

6/21: 267 (my lowest weight in YEARS)

6/30: 269 (up 2 - unexpected funeral while moving) 

7/03: 269 (steady...)

7/10: 270 (up 1)

7/18: 272 (up 2)

7/24: 273  (up 1)

So I am having hormones related bloat...  but 100% the weekend had me a curb ball. I made meal prep to difficult, and I need to give myself some simple structure for weekends I can't see straight. 

Jack Sparrow Port GIF - Jack Sparrow Port Potc GIFs

I also need to sleep to help with overeating. 

Bike Rentals & Pedal Boat Rentals in Chicago, Illinois

BOUNCER that looks like so much fun! WTG getting after your side quest as well as your regular goals ?

I nailed my “easy” goals (AF, tracking food, weight lifting) and did so-so on the “stretch” goals (protein goal 3/7 days, fibre goal 3/7 days, caloric deficit 5/7 days, but the other 2 days really wiped out any weight loss progress I bet. I forgot to weigh in this morning so will do that first thing tomorrow!)

Extra activity wise, I have been really grooving on water-jogging! I haaaaate regular running, and not that keen on length swimming either (hate water in my ears), but water jogging I somehow love! And my knees feel great afterwards. I am trying to convince BestWorkFriend to come out and try this with me, because it does get a little boring with nobody to talk to and i don’t have waterproof earbuds that would allow me to listen to podcasts or music. If I could get a workout in and ALSO have a fun social time, oh man, that would be the game changer.

• Like 2

I haven't been on a paddle boat in years. They are a lot of fun, and definitely easier than a paddle board. Especially if you're taking kids with you. Balancing a board with 3 people on it is...challenging. ? The boat? Not so much. I am not sure you could tip most of those over if you tried. ?

• Like 2

June 19: 156.1

June 26: 156.0

July 3:  156.0

July 10: 155.2

July 17:  155.0

July 25: 154.9 ? 

Progress, but sloooooow. Thinking about what to do in the next 5-week challenge to speed it up a little! I know, I know, it is going to involve cutting back a little bit (sob) or else just leaning hard into recomp! I do have a body comp scale but don’t particularly trust it, lol, and there’s a BodPod in town but I can’t really afford to use that every week.

Yesterday I unpaired my Apple Watch from my LoseIt account, according to my coach and everyone else on the internet it’s not a great idea to eat back your exercise calories because trackers notoriously overestimate those ? I held out for a long time leaving it paired because i like the option of partially rescuing or mitigating a big-eating day with a long post-dinner stroll, but my coach is pretty savvy about these things.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TiogaGirl said:

Yesterday I unpaired my Apple Watch from my LoseIt account, according to my coach and everyone else on the internet it’s not a great idea to eat back your exercise calories because trackers notoriously overestimate those ? I held out for a long time leaving it paired because i like the option of partially rescuing or mitigating a big-eating day with a long post-dinner stroll, but my coach is pretty savvy about these things.

Lose it also has the option when you click on your counted exercise from apple to exclude those calories so it won’t impact your daily total.

• Like 1

I didn't weigh in before leaving on vacation, and won't be weighing in until I'm back.

I don't know how big the damage will be, but if today is any indication, it's going to set me back several weeks... ?

• Like 4

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Lose it also has the option when you click on your counted exercise from apple to exclude those calories so it won’t impact your daily total.

Oh I already had that clicked, because otherwise it was double counting formal workouts plus daily steps. But it was still giving me extra ‘exercise calories’ on days I am super active (even without counting anything as exercise). 

Also here is my daily PSA, IT IS PEACH SEASON!!! GRILLED PEACHES ARE THE NICEST DESSERT THERE IS! Add some Greek yogurt drizzled with honey and you can bump up your daily protein, too!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TiogaGirl said:

Also here is my daily PSA, IT IS PEACH SEASON!!! GRILLED PEACHES ARE THE NICEST DESSERT THERE IS! Add some Greek yogurt drizzled with honey and you can bump up your daily protein, too!

Sounds like a great excuse to open up my grill next weekend... Will have to see. 

12 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

I didn't weigh in before leaving on vacation, and won't be weighing in until I'm back.

I don't know how big the damage will be, but if today is any indication, it's going to set me back several weeks... ?

Columbus Bourbon: May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor

13 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

but my coach is pretty savvy about these things.

I feel like the "can't out run your fork" concept is heavily around NF and other nutritionists I've found while doom scrolling! It all makes sense, but I wonder what else can help wrap one's head around "exercise helps boost the body" but still eat be mindful of what one eats for scale goals.. 

• Like 2

As expected, the holiday put me back a couple of weeks, but I think it should be faster getting back down the second time compared to the first go.  This week is going to need some serious discipline, though.

6/19: 79.8

6/26: 79.8

7/7: 78.1

7/10: 77.2

7/17: 77.1

7/24: 76.7

7/31: 77.5

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

6/19: 240

6/26- 236.6

7/3- 237.5

7/10- 236.2

7/17-235.2

7/24-232

7/31- 231.6

I'm happy with my results. between the stress of the week, and just adjusting after a big drop from the week before, this feels really good. Now that Dad's back from the hospital, eating three healthy meals and getting enough time to exercise will be easier. 

8 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

If anyone wants it H21 now has a formula that will take your latest weekly weigh in and load it into you "current weight" field. To use it click on H21 and hit copy then click on the H cell in your row and paste it. It will adjust to reference your row.

Ooooh I like it a lot! Thank you for doing this!

7/31: 173.1

My weight continues to be all over the place during the week, jumping around, sometimes be several pounds, and always a bit higher on Monday than it was over the weekend.  However, I had a crazy weekend (including a *very* stressful interview on Friday) that included probably too many treats, so, overall I'm trending down still, which is good!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Elennare said:

My weight continues to be all over the place during the week, jumping around, sometimes be several pounds, and always a bit higher on Monday than it was over the weekend.  However, I had a crazy weekend (including a *very* stressful interview on Friday) that included probably too many treats, so, overall I'm trending down still, which is good!

Best wishes on the interview.

• Like 2

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter