Forums are back in action! ×

New nerd in training !

Hi everyone,

I'm definitely excited to join the rebellion. I've been browsing the website for a while and just fell in love with the tone !

Ok so I'm 33 y. o., I used to weigh 143 pounds (two years ago) and felt quite good about it, though I wanted to get fitter. And then life happened. Hectic work schedule, moving to a new flat with no kitchen for 3 months, meeting my now husband and commuting 450 miles every week to see him, parties... I went up to around 160 pounds in March and was about as fit as a couch potato. Then I wrenched my back pulling my work case (had to happen, my muscles were pretty much gone) and spent a month laid up with comfort food obviously. There you go, May 9th, 170 pounds. Didn't fit in half of my clothes anymore, my bras were too small, was getting winded walking up the two flights of stairs to my flat... I was feeling miserable.

I decided it had to change. First goal : 150 before summer holidays (I'm a teacher, they start at the end of next week here). I started with a plan : first lose some weight then start exercising. So I went back to home cooking and aimed for 1,200kCal a day on weekdays (just trying to cut down on weekends). I tried to do yoga every night. Didn't stick at first but I'm getting there. Then I added jogging at the end of may and by June 5th I was down to 159 pounds. The sugar detox worked, I wasn't craving Nutella anymore (it's sitting in the fridge) and my weekend meals were getting better, thanks to planting too many zucchinis in the garden. That's when I added the beginner bodyweight workout (BBW) twice a week and stopped counting calories during the week, just sticking to healthy options as much as I can.

I am feeling way better though the scale has been plateauing around 150 pounds for two weeks. I'm doing beginner yoga 3-4 times a week in the evening, jogging twice a week (training plan to get back to 3 miles) and BBW twice a week. My mom just told me I look way better, my hubby is just sad to see those huge breasts go down but loves that I can go on longer walks with him.

My new goal is going to be way more challenging : I'd like to get back down to 140 pounds by the end of September and start doing triathlon again. I definitely need to up my workouts and still be carefull about what I eat but it's going to be super hard : I'm finally moving in with my husband and I tend to "nest" when I'm with him. I just want to cook all the time and then have no time to exercise... and then there are the summer parties. We are pretty much double booked to the end of August, there is bound to be alcohol and plenty of unhealthy food to overeat.

I hope joining the rebellion can help me make it through summer !

Cheers,

Ansileran

• Like 1

Welcome!

You sound like you'll be doing this challenge on "hard" mode with all the summer parties. Best of luck!

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII