On 10/15/2024 at 9:09 PM, sylph said:

All of my lifting history has been change clothes, go to gym, workout for an hour, come home, take shower. When in reality at any time I could go out to the garage, do a set of something and come back inside. I want the hour long, dedicated, special clothes, feel-like-I-did-a-thing workout, but apparently I'm just not doing it, so maybe I can convince myself to want something else. :)

I like the idea of popping in to the gym for a smaller daily workout. For the feel-like-I-did-a-thing workout would you hate a super short but intense HIIT workout or similar? Not my personal favorite, but maybe it'd hit the spot once in a while.

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I like the idea of popping in to the gym for a smaller daily workout. For the feel-like-I-did-a-thing workout would you hate a super short but intense HIIT workout or similar? Not my personal favorite, but maybe it'd hit the spot once in a while.

Possibly. I'd need to do it thoughtfully so as not to piss off knees, shoulders, or elbows. In my past experience, HIIT tends to be rather joint unfriendly. Worth looking into, though.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9520qn88eoy1wl3to48zgy

• Like 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Why can people just not do what they say they will do?

We had a tree down in the back yard after Milton. Tree guy coming through the neighborhood took the actual tree on... Saturday and said he'd be back to handle the root ball with different equipment..

Nothing all week.

Text him yesterday morning and finally get a response shortly after 2p that he'll be here in an hour. Great.

At 4.30 I text him again and to find out if he's still coming, what's happening.

"Just grinding this small stump for your neighbor 2 houses down and then I'll be right there."

At 6p, I pop out and see that he's still down there, so I go back inside to wait.

Between 6.30 and 7, I go out to see again and he's gone. Truck gone, equipment gone, not in the neighborhood.

Shortly after 7  have to text him to find out what the story is. he says he'll be here in the morning at 9.

It is now 8.45.

I spent all yesterday afternoon/evening in Waiting Time(TM) If I have to spend today doing the same, I am going to be even more irritated than I already am.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, sylph said:

Why can people just not do what they say they will do?

That is frustrating. I try to be understanding that jobs like that don't always go as planned and can end up throwing a crew's schedule off, but how hard is it to call a client and say, "Ran into some trouble on the current job, we'll have to reschedule you." A little communication goes a long way.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

11 minutes ago, sylph said:

I spent all yesterday afternoon/evening in Waiting Time(TM) If I have to spend today doing the same, I am going to be even more irritated than I already am.

Have you got anything to do that can be easily put on hold? That way you get to be productive so Waiting Time™ doesn't feel like Waiting Time™, while still being available when if the guy shows up...

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

3 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

That is frustrating. I try to be understanding that jobs like that don't always go as planned and can end up throwing a crew's schedule off, but how hard is it to call a client and say, "Ran into some trouble on the current job, we'll have to reschedule you." A little communication goes a long way.

Yep. I am VERY understanding when there's some attempt at communication. This dude is not trying. And went to my neighbors' house before mine, when he was already an hour late. 

2 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Have you got anything to do that can be easily put on hold? That way you get to be productive so Waiting Time™ doesn't feel like Waiting Time™, while still being available when if the guy shows up...

Nothing that I can think of, unfortunately. I'm technically working, but reviewing this document is mostly me fuming and checking the clock.

(which it is now 9.10, for anyone else keeping track)

• Angry on your Behalf 1