Today was one of those days where the house erupted into chaos and i chose a corner in which to try and block it out from. Much house cleaning of all the downstairs rooms happened around me. Feel a little sorry for the spiders, but some of them got rehomed outside as they are very enthusiastically invading the cave house right now (what with it being autumn). We had one of those days where it was 3 different seasons, so i cant say i blame them. 

joined the west marches campaign/challenge thing sovalis is running over in the group channel.  No screens before bed is the current goal so had a bash with a book before bed. will be good to get through some of my tbr shelf/ves.

need to pick the right book, wasn't really in the mood for the lisa kleypas book i picked up last night.

Finally cracked making scrambled eggs without adhering it to the pan. So had scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and toast for breakfast. Very nice too

IMG_1969.jpeg.b7bbf866a02fbdf7fc72d10b77614b84.jpeg

word of the day. I should use this more often. Will at least make me laugh when i feel crud. 

Slightly annoyed with all the waiting. Trying to remind myself not to pick high sugar snacks but it is difficult right now. 

decided to make myself a reading list for oct with lots of spooky, Halloween appropriate books in. (Suggestions welcome)

other than that, today has mostly been pretty low key

• Like 6

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

I really like the Cainsville Series by Kelly Armstrong (who is Canadian!). Her Women of the Otherworld series is quite good, too. 

I am glad that you succeeded with your eggs. That is a skill I haven’t yet mastered. Proud of you for getting such good protein in so early in the day. ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

You cant be horny and cheerful?. They kind of go together in my opinion ?

Sun Flower GIFs | Tenor

Not much of a plant naming person. I chat to them alot (the cacti are good listeners. They also have an excellent disapproving glower going when i dont water them enough)

Yorkies are similar. TBF

Learnt from the best. My mother is photography mad. Grew up being taught how to do exposures on an old cannon. We had a dark room and  The smell of toner coupled with a dark red light is deeply nostalgic for me.

You and Laura are the same. She had a side job as a photographer for weddings and bat/bar mitzvahs in Chicago, just before digital film became standard. She tries to explain nostalgia for film to kids that grew up on digital only and it's tough. 

• Like 2

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

2 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

IMG_1969.jpeg.b7bbf866a02fbdf7fc72d10b77614b84.jpeg

word of the day. I should use this more often. Will at least make me laugh when i feel crud. 

10/10 word, will be stealing

2 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

decided to make myself a reading list for oct with lots of spooky, Halloween appropriate books in. (Suggestions welcome)

other than that, today has mostly been pretty low key

image.jpeg.46e9837a5fd21ff62359f76d3b68bcb1.jpegimage.jpeg.94c43c72aeefbb5b07ac9a17e559a895.jpegimage.jpeg.f479ea9cdefdcddacb46ed5b67f53a72.jpeg

• That's Metal 2

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

38 minutes ago, Laghail said:

She tries to explain nostalgia for film to kids that grew up on digital only and it's tough

Analogue film is a much more tactile medium. And things like scent memories are the strongest out of all of them. Digital just does not have this aspect. The closest you get for kids would probubly the polaroid type cameras that are very popular. The whole shaking the paper and waiting for it to develop is very ritualistic. 

thistle foot has been on myr adar for a bit actually. Keep forgetting about it, but it looks good. 
thanks for the suggestions @Laghail @Sovalis ?much appreciated 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Got up this morning and chose blue as my clothing colour palette apparently. Not intentionally, more by accident. All i know is when i was dressed everything had matched pale blue/turquoise in it. No idear how it happened, but it looks nice. 
got my dark blue leggings with pink and blue stars on them, a d&d t shirt in pink and mint blues and a turquoise hoodie. All pieces i don't wear enough. 

I love these leggings, but always feel a smidgey bit self conscious wearing them for some reason. They are no more revealing than stretchy jeans so i know its in my head. Still annoying that i cant tell my brain to shut up sometimes. 

went for a cup of tea and ended up cautiously wandering down to a sunny seat in a corner of the village where i could eat my lunch and read in peace. Very sunny here and all i wanted to do was go sketching on the cliffs, but i just darent go that far yet. Don't want to be back to square one no matter how much waiting for this ankle to get better is doing my head in. 

Forgot to brig water, so circled back and had a drink in my usual cafe. Thought id try something different (as im still trying to push myself outside my usual patterns and try different stuff) so ordered an iced coffee.
IMG_20240913_132306_850.thumb.jpeg.9ab89affb5a6b8600c2f8fb38c7a698a.jpeg

It looked so nice and i really wanted to enjoy it, but i found it too bitter. Still, trying new stuff is good. This is only the 2nd coffee if ever had, so it’s very much a complete experiment. 

realised i hadn't bought a stone for the last challenge, so popped into a rock shop to pick one. So many pretty shinies. Also gorgeous book ends made of sliced quartz, fossilised tree and amethyst segments i adored. 

IMG_20240913_121900_957.thumb.jpeg.89b6fe2afde5803dcd5e7d726a090ef5.jpegIMG_20240913_121909_707.thumb.jpeg.92a045f574e1923f4ae052b3c078f812.jpegIMG_20240913_121926_371.thumb.jpeg.b2b34b7d8b42f3e3a3baa095ae135a1d.jpegIMG_20240913_121850_987.thumb.jpeg.be518abbceb5d89c8450d1fc82cf7a5f.jpeg

Overall went well. Went carefully and Ankle was fine. it felt good to give it a stretch. 
overdid the caolries as i succumbed to an ice cream but it was good to get out and enjoy the sunshine. 

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

3 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Got up this morning and chose blue as my clothing colour palette apparently. Not intentionally, more by accident. All i know is when i was dressed everything had matched pale blue/turquoise in it. No idear how it happened, but it looks nice. 
got my dark blue leggings with pink and blue stars on them, a d&d t shirt in pink and mint blues and a turquoise hoodie. All pieces i don't wear enough. 

I love these leggings, but always feel a smidgey bit self conscious wearing them for some reason. They are no more revealing than stretchy jeans so i know its in my head. Still annoying that i cant tell my brain to shut up sometimes. 

Sounds lovely for a look! Brains are certainly weird in trying to evaluate how big of a fashion/appropriateness risk we're taking.

went for a cup of tea and ended up cautiously wandering down to a sunny seat in a corner of the village where i could eat my lunch and read in peace. Very sunny here and all i wanted to do was go sketching on the cliffs, but i just darent go that far yet. Don't want to be back to square one no matter how much waiting for this ankle to get better is doing my head in. 

Smart StS is smart. Sounds idyllic though. Are the summer tourists cleared out for the season?

Forgot to brig water, so circled back and had a drink in my usual cafe. Thought id try something different (as im still trying to push myself outside my usual patterns and try different stuff) so ordered an iced coffee.

It looked so nice and i really wanted to enjoy it, but i found it too bitter. Still, trying new stuff is good. This is only the 2nd coffee if ever had, so it’s very much a complete experiment. 

Big mood. No pressure on trying it, but Liam says iced mocha is ALMOST a tolerable way to drink coffee. He got two whole sips in before making the face and having an orange italian soda instead. 

realised i hadn't bought a stone for the last challenge, so popped into a rock shop to pick one. So many pretty shinies. Also gorgeous book ends made of sliced quartz, fossilised tree and amethyst segments i adored. 

So gorgeous! Did you pick a rock or was this more preparatory window shopping? 

Overall went well. Went carefully and Ankle was fine. it felt good to give it a stretch. 
overdid the caolries as i succumbed to an ice cream but it was good to get out and enjoy the sunshine. 

Sounds like a lovely outing Succumbed to an ice cream, or manfully conquered that soft-serve???

52 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Ok, addition on the list of new things i did not enjoy. Shop bought hard shell tacos where not a hit ?. Maybe i will try making my own

A place in Pittsburgh took hard shell tacos and then wrapped a soft flour tortilla around the whole thing. It made the whole affair manageable to eat while walking about. IDK if that solves anything for you but it certainly was novel.

image.jpeg.13f9236d02986b50e9b8222ec2139a9a.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

35 minutes ago, Laghail said:

place in Pittsburgh took hard shell tacos and then wrapped a soft flour tortilla around the whole thing. It made the whole affair manageable to eat while walking about. IDK if that solves anything for you but it certainly was novel.

OMG now I feel old.  Taco Bell was making those in 1995 ?

• Haha 3
  • That's Metal 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

14 hours ago, Laghail said:

Are the summer tourists cleared out for the season?

Usually its a quiet(er) month here, but we have been deluged with people in the 45+ to retirees bracket. Lots of walkers too. Surprisingly this is actually good for everyone as this lot are really spending money. So hopefully it will make up the difference for all the local buisnesses that really struggled last month. 

Liam says iced mocha is ALMOST a tolerable way to drink coffee. He got two whole sips in before making the face and having an orange italian soda instead. 

Liam and i clearly have the same taste in coffee ? tell him icecream milkshakes and elderflower cordial are also amazing alternatives

• Like 2

Succumbed to an ice cream, or manfully conquered that soft-serve???

Hold your tounge ? this is cornwall. We have proper icecream here. Eg. Cornish icream, which is made thicker and more solid than italian. I had blackberry incase you where curious. 

Did you pick a rock or was this more preparatory window shopping

I did. I think it is some sort of tormaline i havent heard of before. There was just one left in the box. I will photograph it later so you can enjoy. 

A place in Pittsburgh took hard shell tacos and then wrapped a soft flour tortilla around the whole thing. It made the whole affair manageable to eat while walking about. IDK if that solves anything for you but it certainly was novel

It was more that it was oily and pretty unpleasent. The ones I've had when eating out where nice. These, not so much. 

the taco in a tortilla idea is cool though. 

• Like 2

Pretty tired today. Completely crashed out last night early on but Slept badly. So annoying. has pretty much wiped me out for today

Our cousin is visiting this week so the house has been inundated with congress tarts and small fluffy dogs.  very buisy here right now. Already planning swimming trip ?

the combo of tiredness, boredom and hormone cycle placement definitely seems to result in being more prone to snacking and succumbing to sugar cravings. though I've been careful (because  this is a combo I've noticed before) i just cracked today and bought junk food. 

Its lovely out there today and i did spend some time in the garden with a book enjoying the weather.

the cherry tree is going quite red now. Lovely to see.

IMG_2099.thumb.jpeg.926c2c1001af29cb126623116e6b54a8.jpeg

@Laghail rock pic. It is the darkest blu and a minty green. So pretty, i just couldnt resisit it. i think it was a tormaline, but i forget. 

IMG_2097.thumb.jpeg.c3aa2ae1463c66471b55e6c0b0115505.jpeg

• Like 6

Much buisyness today with our cousin. Went for tea, poked around some shops (trying to find a Rubber duck)and went for a swim. 

weather is again nice, but with an autumnal edge. Makes me want hot chocolate with cinnamon and sticky cinnamon buns…basically anything cinnamon. 

Walked further on my ankle and though i can definitely feel it slightly, i think it was good to get out and stretch it a bit. Hopefully it will be positive as the last of the swelling has been finally going down.

IMG_2123.thumb.jpeg.c2dfa9cd0e1475ddc8e72de09119f323.jpeg

this is yesterday, it was slightly hazier today but no less lovely to get in the sea again after several months. Thankfully didn't bump into any jellyfish (as there have been quite a few around recently. And the ones you want to avoid too). 

Have started rereading the spells, swords and stealth series by drew hayes, (which is hilarious and i seriously recommend). Want to get through the first 3 books again as i have 2 i haven't read yet. Also a good way to do the screens of before bed section of the west marches things (aka. Spider hunting)

• Like 6

It is very foggy  here today. Murky and humid and generally not very nice out there. Despite this, went for a short walk and some lunch with my brother. 
feeling pretty cabin fevery at the moment. Restless and generally wanting to get out and do things. Might catch the bus into town during the week, just to give myself a change of scene. 

Could have slept better (weather made last night baking) which is probubly not helping my odd mood. Tempted to have a nap, but dont feel i might sabotage my sleep pattern if i do today. 

Went for a short (by my standards) walk today, but Walking on uneven ground is still a bit dicey, so cant get out to the cliffs yet sadly. Let alone down to may favourite local spot of chilling out. Hoping by next week i will be able to at least get a reasonable walk in. 

• Like 5

I like the ramfeezled, the rocks, and the red cherry tree. Is that picture of the beach a real pic from where you live? It's lovely!

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

Is that picture of the beach a real pic from where you live? It's lovely!

Yes, this is one of my favourite swimming spots. I know it looks like theres a filter, but its just how it looks here. One of the reasons people dont film many things in cornwall, the scenery tends to upstage the actors. 

• Like 4

Long day. Went for a nice walk (ankle definitely feeling better *insert cheering here*) on a beach, sadly there are jelly fish (the stinging type) everywhere so swimming was off the agenda ? 

(fun fact, the collective noun for jelly fish is a smack)

there where so many on on beach we went to. Ive Never seen anything like it. Even spotted a crystal jelly too, which are very pretty and totally transparent glass like creatures that almost look like theyre actually made from crystal. 

sunny and surprisingly warm out there, which meant i could even wear shorts. 
the christmas decorations are out in all the shops already. Thank fully most places havent started with decorating for xmas yet (though there are some exceptions) and they are just on the shelves. I am looking for some nice halloween/autumn decorations and it is kind lacking right now. 

eating under my calories has kind of gone out the window a bit. So hard when family are over and we go out a lot to eat. At least i am moving around more this week. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea-to-sky said:

I know it looks like theres a filter, but its just how it looks here.

I adore the colours in your area. Thank you for sharing so many photos!

I'm glad your ankle is starting to feel better. Well done resting it so you can recover. Hope it continues to improve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Radost said:

I adore the colours in your area. Thank you for sharing so many photos!

Glad you enjoy them, i do enjoy taking them. I did take some today but have to get them off my phone yet.

21 minutes ago, Radost said:

I'm glad your ankle is starting to feel better. Well done resting it so you can recover. Hope it continues to improve.

And @Everstorm

thanks guys. Its great that its finally feeling better. Trying not to overdo it and make sure to rest it in the evening. Fingerscrossed it wont be too much longer til i can walk on it more normally

• Like 3

Went out to falmouth with my cousin. Incessant cloud burnt off and it was blazing blue sky and sweltering. Falmouth is one of those places situated around a very long highstreet (it is a port town so everything is aligned with the waterfront of the estuary). I lot it but havent been in ages so it was a blast. Very buisy and we went in barely half the shops we wanted to as we just ran out of time on the carpark. 

ankle is a bit tender now, so im probubly going to rest it this evening and tomorrow. 
there is a super full moon tonight and we are all going to watch the sunset and the moon rise. Nice way to ring in the solstice. 

didn't manage to find any new tops, but got these gorgeous boots i adore as a nice villain addition to my wardrobe

IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.be35fc1f5e20f72ffd1129a66f8316a8.jpeg

have decided to give journaling another go now i have more idea what on earth a) the point kind of it for me and b) how to have a stab at going about it.

hopefully picking a pretty book will entice me to pick it up more often? We will see. 

IMG_2159.thumb.jpeg.30e8feb5033828bd13be78767fbfa3a5.jpeg

randomly found an awesome book about painting flowers with water colours and botanical illustration which is something ive always loved and wanted to get into

IMG_2166.thumb.jpeg.8d1704544b744efc4f7888335e116fbf.jpeg

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

Great loot!! ? So glad you had a good time. 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 9/17/2024 at 6:05 PM, Sea-to-sky said:

Yes, this is one of my favourite swimming spots. I know it looks like theres a filter, but its just how it looks here. One of the reasons people dont film many things in cornwall, the scenery tends to upstage the actors. 

I personally rewatch the three New Zealand landscape epics every couple of years.

• That's Metal 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru