Forums are back in action! ×

Your 5 favorite TV shows...

Loren Wade

In no real order: Doctor Who, Hell on Wheels, Simpsons, and Futurama... I don't really have a 5th show that I watch.

Now, I do watch a good bit of anime, but I wouldn't be able to rank it with American (and British for the Dr.) TV shows, and I have a hard time ranking them in general because my favorite is mostly the one or two I'm currently watching.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

My top 5 in no particular order: Dance Moms, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, Real Housewives of (insert city name here) and Jerseylicious! LOL! Hahahahahaha!

But seriously: MacGuyver, The A Team, Seinfeld, Monk & Hawaii 5-0 (the new one).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Yeah, I got this!" -andygates

Lost

South Park

Entourage

The League

House

I skipped the last season of House, choosing to believe that season 7 ended the show perfectly.

Game of Thrones is on it's way up there. Season 2 was kind of boring, not that they had much to work with...

Community was great for the first season or two.

Rome was fantastic, but it only lasted 2 seasons.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

lot of great mentions in this thread already! mine are probably

breaking bad

the wire

scrubs (not including season 9)

arrested development

the simpsons

honourable mentions to 'the OC', 'burn notice', and 'firefly'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

my favorites would have to be NCIS, Criminal Minds, Pokemon the first season, Death Note and Ouran Host Club

I am beginning to watch Fullmetal Alchemist, and am really enjoying it, so my top five may be changing soon

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Mixing currents and classics, and in no particular order:

1. Breaking Bad - I just started watching this show this past weekend, and OH MY GOD! It's like crack!

2. A-Team - My all time favorite show (hence the screen name)

3. Mr. Show With Bob And David - Best sketch comedy ever, and the reason why I started Breaking Bad.

4. Tosh.O - I've been enjoying this show the past couple of months.

5. AAA Sin Límite - Top notch lucha libre action at it's campy best.

This is such a tough question for me. I love good TV. I do think though it's tough to evaluate where something fits in the grand scheme of things when it's still on the air, but I will give it my best shot. I feel like once something is off the air it gives you room to see if it holds up over time. There's some stuff that I loved at the time, but I don't love now and I'm not super interested in revisiting. An example of that for me would be 24.

Top 5 would probably look like this:

Simpsons

Arrested Development

Community

BSG

Peep Show

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green

I feel like once something is off the air it gives you room to see if it holds up over time. There's some stuff that I loved at the time, but I don't love now and I'm not super interested in revisiting. An example of that for me would be 24.

I have the opposite problem. For me, I had a hard time putting anything that has already finished on air because that anticipation of "what's going to happen next?" is either gone or unanswerable. I absolutely loved Firefly and Enterprise, but couldn't add them since they ended way too soon.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I can appreciate that. I really wanted to put Breaking Bad & It's Always Sunny on my list but I'm still unsure how I'll feel about them in the long run. I've just recently gotten into them both, and watched my way through all of It's Always Sunny in about 2 weeks, and I'm doing much the same with Breaking Bad. I'm still too recently acquainted to know whether it's lust or love with these shows.

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green

lot of great mentions in this thread already! mine are probably

breaking bad

the wire

scrubs (not including season 9)

arrested development

the simpsons

honourable mentions to 'the OC', 'burn notice', and 'firefly'.

Season 5 of scrubs was my favorite. They started out serious with humor thrown in and slowly started moving toward goofy. I thought season 5 was the best mix and it started to go downhill after that. Season 6 was still good but I had a hard time watching after that.

I have the opposite problem. For me, I had a hard time putting anything that has already finished on air because that anticipation of "what's going to happen next?" is either gone or unanswerable. I absolutely loved Firefly and Enterprise, but couldn't add them since they ended way too soon.

I agree with both of you. There are shows that have that suspense built in and that's what makes them great. Then there are shows that have good humor or stories that are great to watch over and over again like movies. I love stories, so I like to wait until a show has finished or is near completion before starting it because the story flows a lot better if you don't have to spread it over the course of 3-9 years. The humor ones are great to put on in the background while I'm programming.

I've never been much of a TV watcher, but over the last couple years a few shows have grabbed my attention.

In no particular order: The Big Bang Theory, The Voice, Heroes (Season 1), Once Upon a Time

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

Sorry, but I have to do 3ish lists.

On Air:

1. Californication

2. Th Big Bang Theory

3. Doctor Who

4. Castle

5. "Franklin & Bash" and Suits (tied)

Off Air:

1. House

2. Boston Legal

3. Firefly

4. Chuck

5. Seinfeld

Honorable Mentions:

- ReGenesis, Battlestar Galatica, Dexter, Family Guy, Fringe, White Collar, Game of Thrones, Weeds, Three Sheets, Las Vegas, Scrubs, 24

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Lost

South Park

Entourage

The League

House

I skipped the last season of House, choosing to believe that season 7 ended the show perfectly.

Game of Thrones is on it's way up there. Season 2 was kind of boring, not that they had much to work with...

Community was great for the first season or two.

Rome was fantastic, but it only lasted 2 seasons.

I'm with you on House. It should have ended earlier than it did, but I'm assuming you know how it actually ended? Although the last season was not at all on par with prior seasons, I have to admit, the ending itself was pretty decent.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Current shows:

-Community

-So You Think You Can Dance

-Game of Thrones

-Castle

-Suits

Ended shows:

-Buffy

-Battlestar Galactica

-Firefly

-Friends

-The West Wing

I'm hesitant to put Project Runway up there because it used be my favorite show, but each season has gotten worse and worse. This season premieres tonight, so hopefully it improves. I also need to start watching The Wire.

I'm with you on House. It should have ended earlier than it did, but I'm assuming you know how it actually ended? Although the last season was not at all on par with prior seasons, I have to admit, the ending itself was pretty decent.

Yea, I heard how they ended it but I've already forgotten it. I heard it was a good ending, but I like thinking that House is with Andy and Red.

Archived