Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Pronouns-HTWG.png

I'm in love with the Yo pronoun. It's too much fun to say.

My spouse was asking me about nongendered pronouns the other day. I vaguely remembered Xe, but thanks for posting this list. :3 I've never heard the "Yo" one before, but it's hilarious!

For polite titles (sir/ma'am), I can't think of any nongendered versions. :/ I was trying to, but there just don't seem to be any, unles you want to sound SUPER FORMAL. "Welcome to McDonald's, Honored Guest" just doesn't sound right. :P

My personal policy is to always attempt to address someone by the gender they seem to be presenting as, even if they don't pass. With androgynous people, that doesn't really work, but I consider that to be a side effect of androgyny - nobody knows how to address you. If that's your thing (like is for me, sometimes), then you're expecting and it's kinda cool. If it's a consquence of being in the middle of a transition, then it kinda sucks. :/

For polite titles, it's probably safe to go with whatever honorific seems to fit the presented gender, and if you honestly can't tell at all, then maybe just leave it off?

• Like 1

My spouse was asking me about nongendered pronouns the other day. I vaguely remembered Xe, but thanks for posting this list. :3 I've never heard the "Yo" one before, but it's hilarious!

For polite titles (sir/ma'am), I can't think of any nongendered versions. :/ I was trying to, but there just don't seem to be any, unles you want to sound SUPER FORMAL. "Welcome to McDonald's, Honored Guest" just doesn't sound right. :tongue:

My personal policy is to always attempt to address someone by the gender they seem to be presenting as, even if they don't pass. With androgynous people, that doesn't really work, but I consider that to be a side effect of androgyny - nobody knows how to address you. If that's your thing (like is for me, sometimes), then you're expecting and it's kinda cool. If it's a consquence of being in the middle of a transition, then it kinda sucks. :/

For polite titles, it's probably safe to go with whatever honorific seems to fit the presented gender, and if you honestly can't tell at all, then maybe just leave it off?

I want to be called honored guest.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Found another cute webcomic Princess Princess that few of you might like.

http://strangelykatie.com/princessprincess/

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Also new.

Also awkward!

Also a giiiiant Whovian.

(Literally. Although hopefully increasingly less giant?)

Also, very very glad to find this thread. 

Allons-y! :onthego: 

• Like 4

My username is from Alice, and the queen who has believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. What the hell--let's make it seven.

I use female pronouns and masculine honorifics. So: she/hers and sir/mr. I am an (aspirationally) old-school butch, as in Stone Butch Blues (rest in power Leslie Feinberg).

I'm from Kentucky, bounced around a lot, currently living in Minneapolis.

I'm really glad to be here. :pirate:

I know there's an awesome discussion on pronouns going on here, but I just wanted to say that this thread is a part of why I decided to join NF. I'm attracted to my own gender and other genders (I've decided "queer" is my label preference... It's a step up from months of calling myself "not straight"), and only within the last year figured it out.

So thank you all for being the kind of people I wish I could talk to in real life. Seriously, you're the best <3

• Like 5

Level 1 Human Avatar

STR 2 || CON 2 || DEX 1 || WIS 2 || STA 0 || CHA 1

Current Challenge

"Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you." - Ovid

Our numbers are going. We shall soon take over the world Mahaha

1314959189_george_clooney__soon.gif

Or perhaps a nice island? I feel like a nice island would be good.

• Like 1

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

I hear there's land for sale on Kauai, just gotta deal with the creepy old dude with the bushy eyebrows :tongue:

also welcome to all the newbies! good to see some new faces around here :)

Quote on that island?

Also, @Korra: After several friends suggestions, I recently started binge watching ATLA so that I could watch TLOK. I was telling my friends earlier how I need to find a nice girl like Katara to bring home to mom, and they proceeded to tell me to just wait until I got to Korra. Apparently I am going to be doomed to all of doom and death with a billion crushes.

• Like 1

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

Quote on that island?

Also, @Korra: After several friends suggestions, I recently started binge watching ATLA so that I could watch TLOK. I was telling my friends earlier how I need to find a nice girl like Katara to bring home to mom, and they proceeded to tell me to just wait until I got to Korra. Apparently I am going to be doomed to all of doom and death with a billion crushes.

There will be crushes!! And not just on Korra... Asami is pretty attractive too ;)

Level 1 Human Avatar

STR 2 || CON 2 || DEX 1 || WIS 2 || STA 0 || CHA 1

Current Challenge

"Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you." - Ovid

Well there is this micronation if anyone wants to visit/move to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_and_Lesbian_Kingdom_of_the_Coral_Sea_Islands

Alphabet soup paradise. Plus, it's in Austrialia. :)

• Like 2

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

On 13 September 2004, the Gay Kingdom declared war on Australia.

Hahahaha oh my god this is hilarious. And all over marriage equality? I get it, not being able to legally marry your partner is fucked but this is some next level shit. 

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Hahahaha oh my god this is hilarious. And all over marriage equality? I get it, not being able to legally marry your partner is fucked but this is some next level shit. 

Do remember Australia once had a war with emus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

LOL. this page is great. or it could be like in the movie D.E.B.S where lucy diamond wanted to blow up Australia 

• Like 1

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I know there's an awesome discussion on pronouns going on here, but I just wanted to say that this thread is a part of why I decided to join NF. I'm attracted to my own gender and other genders (I've decided "queer" is my label preference... It's a step up from months of calling myself "not straight"), and only within the last year figured it out.

So thank you all for being the kind of people I wish I could talk to in real life. Seriously, you're the best <3

I've been calling myself "not straight" for years. Because sometimes I don't like labels, sometimes I don't feel up to explaining nuances, and sometimes I just want to remind people that there are more than two options.

Yeah, my husband and I are going to watch ATLA just for TLOK. Because lesbians. (That's the best reason for anything, as far as I'm concerned.)

• Like 3

There will be crushes!! And not just on Korra... Asami is pretty attractive too ;)

I've heard long rants dedicated just to Asami's hair. Complete with gifs.

Do remember Australia once had a war with emus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

Oh dear.

LOL. this page is great. or it could be like in the movie D.E.B.S where lucy diamond wanted to blow up Australia 

Don't blow up Australia, I still need to visit it!

I've been calling myself "not straight" for years. Because sometimes I don't like labels, sometimes I don't feel up to explaining nuances, and sometimes I just want to remind people that there are more than two options.

Yeah, my husband and I are going to watch ATLA just for TLOK. Because lesbians. (That's the best reason for anything, as far as I'm concerned.)

I personally a fan of the label fag. Which confuses the heck out of people in general.

• Like 1

Asami is the kind of girl I need in my life. She's just that bad ass. And her hair is amazing.

• Like 1

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram