Forums are back in action! ×

Halloween

Evicious

Guest Snake McClain

yup. i'm super excited. i've missed halloween for the past...oh half decade practically and i am upset about it. going to plan for a good one this year.

probably my zombie super hero comic character idea. ZOMBOY!

We don't really celebrate Halloween in south Africa, however my 30th is a few days before Halloween, so i am celebrating!!! I'm turning my apartment into a "haunted" house with a graveyard on the balcony. I'm going as Red the Huntress (Little Red Riding Hood) and my BFF is coming as either Sleeping Beauty the Dragon Slayer or Cinderella the Madam - slightly twisted faery tale. But i am really looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with and how my place turns out (cos i'm doing it all on my own).

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Holy crap, Kuiken!!! That's a phenomenal idea! And I am highly impressed with that girl's creativity: she's a frackin' genius.

I know right?! How do people come up with this epicness?! I've seen some pictures of people who made frackin Iron Man costumes that look completely functional (meanwhile I'm struggling with craft clue and popsicle sticks-hahaha!).

Love all the ideas so far in this thread, but I'm still struggling to decided what I want to be. Seriously can't wait for pictures of everyone's finished costumes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gallifreyan Jackal Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!
(seriously updated, for reals guys)

Guest Snake McClain
I know right?! How do people come up with this epicness?! I've seen some pictures of people who made frackin Iron Man costumes that look completely functional (meanwhile I'm struggling with craft clue and popsicle sticks-hahaha!).

Love all the ideas so far in this thread, but I'm still struggling to decided what I want to be. Seriously can't wait for pictures of everyone's finished costumes!

ive seen some of these iron man costumes you're talking about. as i understand it from a pal of mine he says it is THOUSANDS of dollars into putty and sculpting things. he estimated that popular iron man costume http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to-plans/4289332 at at least $3k. supposedly.

I think i want to do something really different. a full body werewolf costume maybe. just all fur. like a giant werewolf.

ive seen some of these iron man costumes you're talking about. as i understand it from a pal of mine he says it is THOUSANDS of dollars into putty and sculpting things. he estimated that popular iron man costume http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to-plans/4289332 at at least $3k. supposedly.

I think i want to do something really different. a full body werewolf costume maybe. just all fur. like a giant werewolf.

I can believe those things would cost $3k easy-but if you've got the money, why the heck not?! My Halloween budget does have a 3 in it, but there's a LOT less zeros behind that 3. :)

A werewolf costume like this? Some people seriously just blow my mind with their skills and this lady is one of them-check out her other epic costumes, she's like the Queen of Halloween!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gallifreyan Jackal Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!
(seriously updated, for reals guys)

I've got a few pieces, just not sure in which direction I want to take them yet.

For others looking for inspiration, check out this costume of the Blink angels from Doctor Who-fracking amazing! And scary to boot!

I went as a Weeping Angel a couple years ago! (and I think that was the blog I got the idea from!)

73080_497787840711_7980624_n.jpg

I friggin' love Halloween, even if I don't have anywhere to go. This year I'm going as a Dalek, albeit a sexy one :]

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

Guest Snake McClain
I can believe those things would cost $3k easy-but if you've got the money, why the heck not?! My Halloween budget does have a 3 in it, but there's a LOT less zeros behind that 3. :)

A werewolf costume like this? Some people seriously just blow my mind with their skills and this lady is one of them-check out her other epic costumes, she's like the Queen of Halloween!

maybe a better mask (teeth mostly) but yes.

alright, I had the determination today.. I'm getting an Assassin's Creed costume for Halloween!

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

I think I am going to try to put an Assassins Creed costume together this year...not sure which one I will go with...but I kind of liked Ezio's black outfit from Revelations...still not sure though...I am not super crafty so I may have to employ some help making it....or i may get lazy and just end up buying the pieces.

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Well, I'll be dressing as a cop this Halloween, since I'm a cop and I have an overtime assignment on that night. So much for going out w/ the family that night!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I got married on Halloween too... but... he died so .... I still won't let it ruin Halloween for me. Right? Right.

I am going to rock a Battle Royale costume complete with blood splatter and metal collar. I figured since I work in a bar as well as my "day job" this would still be epically represented and easy to do my job in. (I am the world's littlest bouncer) You guys all have awesome ideas!! I may steal a few for next year.

ok... I went bat shit out of my mind and bought this.. LOL http://cosplaysky.com/assassin-s-creed-revelation-altair-cosplay-full-outfit-costume.html

I've never spent more then 30 for a Halloween costume before, but I also have crazy fantasies of me doing parkour in this thing.. LOL

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Doing Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz this year, as per my kids' request. Lab coat, gel up the hair, brown teeshirt, good to go. Just gotta figure out that danged accent.

Hey, where's Perry???

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Me! Me!!! I love playing dress up!

Also, last year was the first year after buying a house and having a kid that my hubs & I had time to really do up our house for halloween. So we did our yard up Halloween Angry Birds style:

We built it all ourselves with the exception of the boxes for the piggy castle. It looked even better lit up after the sun went down. It was also great because we live near a high school and we usually get all these teenagers who walk up to our front door, and hold their bag open, grunt and never say either "trick or treat" or "thank you". So this year we made them shoot a bird if they wanted candy. :welcoming: A lot of the little kids in the neighborhood got really into it too. We've got some repairs to make, but I think we're going to do it again this year because most of the work is already done.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

ok... I went bat shit out of my mind and bought this.. LOL http://cosplaysky.com/assassin-s-creed-revelation-altair-cosplay-full-outfit-costume.html

I've never spent more then 30 for a Halloween costume before, but I also have crazy fantasies of me doing parkour in this thing.. LOL

EPIC!!!

Halloween Angry Birds = also epic. Looks like it's going to be a great Halloween. ^_^

I will be attending a beer tasting/costume party this evening, so pics will be posted soon. Boy friend is going as a Spartan warrior, but I have to fix his costume today - he's so muscley, it looks like a cocktail dress on him worn straight out of the package. Although I suppose if a Spartan wants to show up in a cocktail dress, no one's really going to argue with him...

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

I also got married on Halloween, not by choice but it made for some funny questions at a truckstop. (My wedding dress was functional enough to drive in, luckily there was no dancing because I couldn't raise my arms.) I'm contemplating going someplace nice, (well, something akin to Panera bread, cheap food and free Wi-Fi, we're expecting that the fifth will be the first anniversary we actually spend together.) The other option is staying at home, either with the lights off or I have this bag of gum leftover from a christmas sale.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

As promised, here's the pic of the costumes!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5969[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5970[/ATTACH]

The beer tasting was amazing, and I was really excited not to be the only ones in costume - unfortunately, everyone got pictures with me and the boyfriend, but I didn't get any of us with them. >_< Still, great party.

post-5175-13567245208292_thumb.jpg

post-5175-13567245208675_thumb.jpg

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Y'all have such cool ideas for costumes!

I've never been that big to Halloween. But this year all the volunteers are getting together to celebrate the new group swearing in, and that party is on the 31st. So...costume = obligatory. After lots of waffling and failed ideas, I think I landed on a winner. Some friends and I are gonna be Scooby and the gang. It's going to rule. Just wish we had a Mystery Machine...

"If we take man as he is, we make him worse. But if we take man as he should be, we make him capable of becoming what he can be."

--Viktor Frankl paraphrasing Goethe

Two years I copped out and went as Shaggy, all i had to do was wear brown pants, a green t-shirt and not shave for a couple days. My wife was a MUCH better Velma. I've gota party to go to Saturady night that I still don't have a costume for yet.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Two years I copped out and went as Shaggy, all i had to do was wear brown pants, a green t-shirt and not shave for a couple days. My wife was a MUCH better Velma. I've gota party to go to Saturady night that I still don't have a costume for yet.

I've always wanted to be a ghost and just wear a sheet. Like I said, not the biggest Halloween fan.

The best couple costume I've heard recently is kind of weird, but hilarious. Two of my friends are going as Tom Hanks from Castaway and Wilson the volleyball. You could do that?

"If we take man as he is, we make him worse. But if we take man as he should be, we make him capable of becoming what he can be."

--Viktor Frankl paraphrasing Goethe

I'm trying to inspire some Halloween spirit in my office, and it's not going so well. I really think I might be the only one dressed up. I'm going as a gypsy, and I've been excited about it for weeks. Perhaps I'll get ambitious and post a picture for some ideas on the last finishing touches. The squig chose her own costume this year, and had been delighting in running around, saying, "Heh-heh-heh!" in her best witch voice. It's hilarious. (And I think she's going to give one poor kid at daycare a complex.) My husband will pull something out of his closet at the last minute, I think. He said he's going as a member of Anonymous. We're trick-r-treating with another couple and having homemade chili after. Om-nom!

Absidey

LEVEL12

STR11 DEX13 STA20

CON29 WIS17 CHA11

Fear is the mind-killer.

Main Goal: Lose 20 Hip/Waist inches

95%
95%

Current Challenge

Archived