Forums are back in action! ×

Hurricane Sandy

Mostly it is playing with air travel. My daughter finally got home to Lansing, MI after a weekend here - predications of heavy winds there. She'll be pissed if she can't work (grad students ... go figure). Co-workers had planes cancelled BEFORE they started their first legs out, which is nice.

Hang tight you guys on the East Coast. I've been through hurricanes when I traveled for a living ... not fun.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Frankenstorm....

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Glad you were able to make it home Cline.

My work goes off of a point system at if you reach 8 points they can say bye-bye, each each day of unscheduled absence or leaving early is a point, and a no call no-show is 3.5 points.

As for your company, WTF. We have have storm warnings here and if I have had the ability to leave work early a couple of times and not go back in without any penalty other than no pay for time off. This was for minor snow storms, I left to follow or take other people home during these times (I moved here from an area where snow storms are normal and it a day or week of road closures can be expected at times). They have set it set up as a precaution to keep employees safe and not have them get in an accident, stranded, or put families in danger or any risk.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

sh!t's getting real here in NYC. my apartment is in the back of our building. i usually hear nothing. now all i hear is wind.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Storm is ashore. Expected in phila in a few hours but is now nor'easter so fingers crossed. Hit my favorite shore town pretty hard.

Luckily work seems fully staffed so just got word I'm not expected in until tomorrow! Yea!!! Ate big paleo dinner. Red wine for our own hurricane party. Rest day luckily (lol).

Keep fingers crossed to keep power, no flooding, etc. big surge of water expected up the Delaware river.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I have a confesstion to make: I've let Sandy be a reason for a completely unhealthy day. I'm waiting out the storm with a coworker and we've been watching tv, eating horrible food, and working from home. I didn't plan it this way, but the isles of unperishable foods at the grocery store was horribly tempting and I had no self-control.

So here's to tomorrow being a better day. And here's to the power staying on so I can take my epic salad to work tomorrow for lunch instead of something not good for you.

Theatresara: Wig Stylist and Interactive Performer extraordinaire 

Current Challenge Thread   http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/73790-theatresara-joins-the-scouts/

Main Quest:  Lose 30 Pounds

0%
0%

theatresara, I've lived here for three years and this is the first hurricane where I haven't spent my time buried in a heavy dead-tree book, whether conscious or drooling. (I'm talking physically heavy, for some reason I yank at the bound trilogy collection even when I just want the middle book.)

This time it's caused several "we're too fucking logical for a decent fight" moments between me and hubby, or rather it's an excuse to exacerbate friction and all the complications that arise from not appropriately engaging in short-fuse nothing-squabbles.

Third storm and I've adapted, this counts as his first storm so he needs a longer nap?

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Hey all, thinking of you and praying for your safety. I've only been in a tornado once and I didn't even notice because it felt like a normal windy day here - go figure! Our wind is howling in at a ridiculous 70km/h in commiseration (nothing on what you have though). It's just a normal day here.

I hope you are all ok.

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Went to bed as winds hit. Our street seems fine. Will know more when I venture out. Blocks nearby had knee high flooding but we are dry. Suburbs will have more damage. Shore is in bad shape.

I AM going the distance

NYC - how you all doin?

I AM going the distance

I'm just outside of DC and am fine. There was some flooding in the city and power outages in Northern VA, but I have had no problems and even worked a full day of work today. Now I'm back in my apartment, watching Serenity, and eating a wonderful breakfast for dinner meal of eggs, spinach, and sausage.

Theatresara: Wig Stylist and Interactive Performer extraordinaire 

Current Challenge Thread   http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/73790-theatresara-joins-the-scouts/

Main Quest:  Lose 30 Pounds

0%
0%

I live in the city suburbs... I didn't get hit too hard but my college is right near that dangling crane. Subways are closed, everything below 39th street is in the dark, trains aren't running. I'm not sure when school will be in session again! But all of my friends and family are ok, so that's all I could hope for. A big tree went down in my yard, just missed my neighbor's boat. And I have a big tree branch in my front yard, new lawn ornament! I invited my friends without power over for a TF2 LAN party. We're so cool. And nerdy.

Level 4 Shape Shifting AdventurerSTR: 3.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 6.0CON: 5.75 | WIS: 8.25 | CHA: 7.25

Archived