Forums are back in action! ×

Ba Dum Tiss (Bad Joke Thread)

A linguistics professor was teaching a class "In English," he said "A double negative forms a positive. In other languages, like Russian for example, a double negative remains a negative. But there is no language, not a single one, where a double positive can express a negative."

A voice from the back of the class replies "Yeah, right."

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

A linguistics professor was teaching a class "In English," he said "A double negative forms a positive. In other languages, like Russian for example, a double negative remains a negative. But there is no language, not a single one, where a double positive can express a negative."

A voice from the back of the class replies "Yeah, right."

This is probably the linguistics professor I remember holding up a bag of sugar to his class. "Sugar is the only word in the English language that starts with an S but is pronounced with a Sh sound."

Doubtful student raises a hand. "Are you sure?"

• Like 3

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

A teacher asks a particularly rude, lazy, objectionable pupil "Are you ignorant, or just apathetic?"

Pupil says "I don't know, and I don't care!"

Bawhahahahaha! Man! I am on fire today!! :D:D

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?

Elephino.

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

A group of archeologists were presenting their latest discovery, a mural with the following symbols: a woman, a donkey, an eye, a fish, and a star. It had been found on an ancient site in Israel.

The scholars were discussing the possible meaning: "Based on the images, and the order they are in, I think we can deduce that these people were highly cultured. They valued women, domestic animals, they were highly superstitious, they practiced fishing, and also studied astronomy."

From the back of the room an old professor raises himself up and says: "Gentleman, beings as this was found in Israel, and their language is read from right to left, may I propose another interpretation?"

The archeologists all eagerly agree.

"I believe this represents an example of this peoples humour. It reads "Holy Mackerel! Look at the a** on that lady!"

• Like 3

Some bloke started talking to me down the pub last night. "My mate came off his motorbike today," he said. "He has slight brain damage, two broken arms, and is completely blind in one eye."

"Blimey," I said. "No wonder he came off it then." :D

• Like 1

Let's see if I can translate it right:

Two bunnies jump around in the forest and find a rifle, one of them looks into the barrel, the other plays at the trigger, then suddenly BOOM!

Then the second bunny said: stop looking that stupid, I was frightened too!

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

When is it time to go to the Dentist?

Tooth-hurty.

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

A teacher is explaining financial markets to his class, "so when Japan had a tsunami and the floods slowed down their economy, the Nikkei index was a lot less liquid than normal because there was less trading going on".

Student raises hand "actually sir, if anything, the Nikkei was more liquid than ever"

• Like 1

Level 1-2ish Assassin

Str: 2.2 Dex: 1.9  Sta: -0.49 Con:1.3   Wis: 2.8 Cha: 1.7

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43281-a-single-step/

Au! That ones pure gold!! ;)

I know a couple about iron, but I only tell them for a Fe.

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

Haven't told them in a while, so they're a little rusty.

• Like 3

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Does anyone else find it a bit odd that I know so many chemistry jokes, despite the fact that I left school at age 16, without EVER studying chemistry? :confused: