Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

Yesterday evening on let's call it a "date".

She knows that I am living healthy and still trying to lose some weight.

She:

- Come on, don't order a tea, drink a beer, you must have some cheat days

- (after explaining to her that I am at a calorie limit for that day already) - Counting calories? Are you a man or a girl?

- Let's order another beer... You don't want it? Hey, what kind of man are you?

- Let's go to McD and eat something

:D

(she pushed me to drink 2 beers, not 3 although she tried, also did not manage to push me to eat fast food)

Last dates are so much fun, ain't they?  :rolleyes-new:

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Yesterday evening on let's call it a "date".

She knows that I am living healthy and still trying to lose some weight.

She:

- Come on, don't order a tea, drink a beer, you must have some cheat days

- (after explaining to her that I am at a calorie limit for that day already) - Counting calories? Are you a man or a girl?

- Let's order another beer... You don't want it? Hey, what kind of man are you?

- Let's go to McD and eat something

:D

(she pushed me to drink 2 beers, not 3 although she tried, also did not manage to push me to eat fast food)

Lol those comments are always funny. Does that mean she is a man because she drinks a lot of beer?

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

I hope not! O.O Otherwise I'm screwed. I like dresses and Channing Tatum.

Of course not! I've just heard this bullshit so much it gets on my last nerve. It's not even a health thing with me I just don't like beer. You can definitely love beer and be a knockout female :)

• Like 2

My wife loves beer and carpentry, I love writing poetry and cooking.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!

that you don't wear the pants in the relationship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Sarcasm?

Yeah. Please don't anyone take offense to that. I sometimes forget my sarcasm doesn't translate to text very well unless you know me IRL.

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Yeah. Please don't anyone take offense to that. I sometimes forget my sarcasm doesn't translate to text very well unless you know me IRL.

No worries. I was totally about to jump down your throat and then realized it might be sarcasm lol

I've griped about this one before in various places but it's still one that gets under my skin.

"Aren't you a bit old to be hitting the gym again?  You are just going to hurt yourself.  You quit going 15 years ago!"

Yeah.  Thanks f*cknugget.  I'm well aware that I'm 34 and stopped going to the gym when I was like 22.  I'm also quite aware these last 6 months haven't been easy - but they are easier now than if I waited until 6 months from now to start.

Why the hell does trying to improve health and fitness have an age limit to some people?!

• Like 4

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

I really do think at times that the "too old" shots I take are mostly friends/associates that I have trying to make excuses and justify their decision to not fight for an improvement to quality of life.

• Like 3

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

My wife loves beer and carpentry, I love writing poetry and cooking.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!

Hey, I cook and sew. When I was younger I said I'd make someone a good wife someday.

My wife agrees. :D

Gender roles are highly overrated.

• Like 4

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Gender roles are highly overrated.

Agreed.  My kids will know you can do anything you want to because you want to.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

34 is too old?

Are they high?

My dad has decided to make weight lifting and getting huge his focus... in retirement at 67.  Also, his body is basically held together with wishful thinking and duct tape (two blown discs in his back, hip that will probably need replacement soon, some crap going on with a cervical vertebra, and a shoulder he's had multiple surgeries on) so if he can get in there and bench 200+ lbs freakin' anyone can get in there and pump some iron.

• Like 5

Butts.

I've griped about this one before in various places but it's still one that gets under my skin.

"Aren't you a bit old to be hitting the gym again?  You are just going to hurt yourself.  You quit going 15 years ago!"

Yeah.  Thanks f*cknugget.  I'm well aware that I'm 34 and stopped going to the gym when I was like 22.  I'm also quite aware these last 6 months haven't been easy - but they are easier now than if I waited until 6 months from now to start.

Why the hell does trying to improve health and fitness have an age limit to some people?!

I think they probably think that you have to start early or you're screwed, but that still makes them unsupportive, uneducated, projecting f*nuggets.

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

"literally"

This word is overused, and most of the time it is used incorrectly. 

Example I heard recently:  "I'm literally too tired to talk right now". 

To borrow an excellent word from earlier in this thread, what kind of f*cknugget do you have to be to add literally to most of the things you say when they are not literal at all?  No, it's not "literally freezing out" if the temperature is above 32 degrees.  You were definitely not "literally going to kill her if she didn't stop hitting on your boyfriend". 

Rant complete.

• Like 1

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the time."  When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied "The one I feed the most."

Driftwood's Battle Log

First Challenge:  24 Feb - 6 April 2014

Second Challenge (Monks) :  14 April - 25 May 2014

Barfly, I appreciate your commitment

• Like 1

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the time."  When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied "The one I feed the most."

Driftwood's Battle Log

First Challenge:  24 Feb - 6 April 2014

Second Challenge (Monks) :  14 April - 25 May 2014

I told someone once that I was "literally going to kill him", and, on reflection, felt really bad about saying it.

So I killed him.

Nice follow through

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."