Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

Yeah, wtf?!?!?! "I could look like that if I did all that training..."  THAT'S THE WHOLE FREAKING POINT!!!!!!! If anyone did the training they could achieve the results, but it's the "getting off your fat, lazy ass and actually doing it" bit that's the hardest.  Ungh! *facepalm*

Argh. This. Definitely this. Although I had a rather hilarious comment sent my way when out with mates a few weeks ago when we were taking turns to slut-drop in a metal club. Mine was (not judged by me) clearly the best. Mates just stood there and said "Yeah well we'd be that flexible if we squatted too".

Also, unrelated to fitness: yes I'm fully aware I have a humorous accent. Yes I'm proud of where I'm from. No that does not mean I'm going to steal the wheels off your car or break into your house or claim benefits. It wasn't funny the first time you said it.

Regarding "willpower", it is honestly a difficult path to take. Think about it, when we get comfortable with something, when we enjoy something it can be very hard to break away from. When I used to be overweight, it was very "easy" to live that life style. I would enjoy the foods I eat (junk food) and healthy foods back then to me tasted like crap. Why would I want to eat healthy foods? It tastes terrible. Why would I want to exercise? It's hard and I feel sore for a few days. it's a terrible feeling! I'll take the easy way, the way I enjoy.

I think this nails it, and when it annoys me, it's usually in a certain context. Like when I choose an apple and greek yogurt for breakfast in the cafeteria, and someone else goes right for the donuts, then says something about my "willpower". Or when I pass on ordering dessert and they order the biggest, most sugary thing on the menu... I feel like telling them they could make a healthier choice if they wanted to! I want to be more sympathetic, but I feel like I'm not doing anything they couldn't do too. I have to try to keep it in perspective sometimes... it's not an easy (or obvious) choice for everyone.

Thank you for the kind words though! I shouldn't let it bother me. :)

• Like 1

Level 1 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 0.5 | DEX 0.5 | STA 2 | CON 0.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5

Current Challenge: britne's newbie quest!

About me | Find me: RunKeeper | WeightTraining | DGCourseReview | GeocachingSteam | tumblr | Clash of Clans: Melisende

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one." - The Eleventh Doctor

Goal: Lose 68 pounds (from 218.6 to 150) - Currently: 170.2 - Progress:

71.2%
71.2%

A lot of them did this year, which seemed to surprise a lot of people. In past years, though, San Francisco had an ordinance allowing public nudity and last year the race sponsors got a 1 day nudity permit. I kid you not.

The problem is, most of the the naked people should not have been :P

Yea they have a naked bike ride in philly. It's a mixed bag of swimsuits, underwear, half naked, and full blown. Lol usually full blown were people you'd like to see in very heavy coats...and then there was me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also, unrelated to fitness: yes I'm fully aware I have a humorous accent. Yes I'm proud of where I'm from. No that does not mean I'm going to steal the wheels off your car or break into your house or claim benefits. It wasn't funny the first time you said it.

Ok, we gotta hear this one.... Get yourself down to the talking thread man!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/45848-i-have-an-idea/page-17

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Yea they have a naked bike ride in philly. It's a mixed bag of swimsuits, underwear, half naked, and full blown. Lol usually full blown were people you'd like to see in very heavy coats...and then there was me

Hmmm. Naked bike ride. Would that require any product to mitigate saddle friction?

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Hmmm. Naked bike ride. Would that require any product to mitigate saddle friction?

Just very thorough shower and a towel on the seat

Umm, I just can't............no.........it's just not right.

Wait! What............?

"You're going to break your back like that!"

I used to get this from my mom (and my classmates) when she found out I had to walk 20 minutes 1 way to the bus stop WITH my schoolbag during college.  I swear everyone (except my dad) complained about how heavy that backpack was and I could never understand why.  I was also carrying three big bags and one of those grocery wheel things every two weeks in the winter for the same amount of time and again people would call me crazy.

I think the schoolbag had a 17-inch laptop, water bottles, my lunch + snacks, assorted art books and electronic stuff (external HDDs, power adapter, tablet ect) just to get an idea.  I never felt it was "you'll break your back!" heavy.  Slightly heavy maybe.

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

There are naked yoga classes here. I prefer to work out in as little as possible. If I were a runner, I'd be doing it barefoot. Nudity for all! ;)

When I run in San Francisco, I see a lot of naked runners, but never anyone barefoot; downtown, that's a staph infection waiting to happen :P

• Like 1

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

at the midgets party I had two different people come pat me on the belly and say "not gettin' any smaller are ya"......and WifeDee wonders why I hate gatherings.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Why is it people seem to think it appropriate to touch people on their belly's? I got it all the time when pregnant, it was an annoying and creepy invasion if personal space.

"Oh yeah... go about six inches lower.."

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Eww, really Insanity? That's wrong! Why would people do that?

Do what.. make my comment?

Makes the person doing the touching feel really uncomfortable... figure it's a fair trade. :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Got a new annoyance at work I've had this conversation with more than one person.. While heating up my lunch "wow really, who's steaming a whole bag of vegetables"  Um.. that would be me "really?" yep eat one almost everyday.. then the look of disbelief. Then walking down the hall with the steamer bag "dude are you feeling alright?" what? "that's a lot of vegetables"  dude I've lost 68lbs I feel just fine... grr people

• Like 2

Level: 2 Half Orc Class: Adventurer  STR: 3 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 3 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

My Daily Battle

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.

Got a new annoyance at work I've had this conversation with more than one person.. While heating up my lunch "wow really, who's steaming a whole bag of vegetables"  Um.. that would be me "really?" yep eat one almost everyday.. then the look of disbelief. Then walking down the hall with the steamer bag "dude are you feeling alright?" what? "that's a lot of vegetables"  dude I've lost 68lbs I feel just fine... grr people

Similar; a plaintive wail: "That's a lot of peas!"

Although the tone of voice would be more suited to: "That's a lot of blood!"

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

I got "did you leave anything for the horse to eat?" when a coworker saw all my veggies last week. Also "if it can't go on a pizza, I don't eat it," which was said about my kohlrabi.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Similar; a plaintive wail: "That's a lot of peas!"

Although the tone of voice would be more suited to: "That's a lot of blood!"

kung_pow_by_rumper1-d4yibiy.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I hate when people comment on food.  What's the point?  Unless it's, "Hey, that looks/smells great!"  If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.  

A couple of years ago, I had a co-worker who was on Weight Watchers.  And because she was on WW, the rest of the office had to know how many points everything was.  "Oh, I'd love to have a doughnut, but that's like half a day's points!"  Or, "There's no way I could eat that pizza...too many points!"  Or even, "Ugh, lasagna is 999 points...way too much!"  I finally asked her to not comment about my food, because she made me feel like a fatty every single day.  I was literally avoiding the office lounge because I didn't want her to comment on my "points".  She non-apologized, but it did keep her from commenting when I was around for the next few weeks.  I was happy to see her move.

*I have no idea what a point is, so I don't remember how many points she said...nor do I care.

Now that I'm eating healthier, I get the opposite from other co-workers:

"Oh, I'd just LOVE for that to be my lunch!" -Sarcastically, in response to my big bowl of steamed spinach with lemon, and a can of tuna on the side.  It was delicious!

"Oh, you must be dieting.  There is ice cream in the freezer for when you get hungry later."

"That broccoli stinks!"

• Like 2

"That broccoli stinks!"

LMAO sorry my wife tells me that all the time.. I love steamed broccoli, whenever I cook it I hear "cooked broccoli smells like feet" to which I usually remove my shoe and say "are you sure? here smell this"

or I just send her this image a few times a year. Funny thing is she'll eat it raw in a salad all day lol

tumblr_loss0pvaXE1qewacoo1_r1_500.jpg

• Like 4

Level: 2 Half Orc Class: Adventurer  STR: 3 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 3 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

My Daily Battle

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.