Forums are back in action! ×

So I lost my job today....

Dang dude!

Sounds like things are heading to the up and up though! Hope things went well and that stuff has worked out for you!

I've been laid off a couple times in my life, no bueno. Let alone you've got a family to take care of, I was on my own at those times.

Throwing some vibes your way, even though it sounds like there's a good chance you've already go something lined up!

Stubbs

STR[3] DEX[2] STA[2] CON[2] WIS[4] CHA[3]

My Character Sheet - http://nerdjutsu.com/about/character-information/

Thanks a lot folks and interesting idea Stuff.  Currently, I've had the one phone interview and this week is bad for their schedule, so hopefully next week for their in-person interview.  I have one interview at 2PM Thursday practically down the street from my apartment and one 45 minutes away in Frankfort Friday at 11.  I'll check out those freelancing sites sometime this week and see what I can see.  Fingers crossed and still as positive as ever :)

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Just got done interviewing to test software for Papa John's Pizza.  Interview felt like a slam dunk and I have all the skills they are looking for.  I'd be testing the mobile app and websites and I've done some mobile and extensive web testing :)  Very psyched, I will be hearing an answer Monday either way.

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Yep.  I think I smoked the interview I had in Frankfort today too.  At the end they handed me a use case (simple flowchart for how things progress thru using an application) and asked me to write some test case to test as much of what is on the page as I can.  They added "Don't worry, you won't finish it all" and gave me 10 minutes.  She came back in as I was finishing my last 2 lines.  5 test cases, tested everything.  I handed it back and said "Actually, I did finish it" :)

If both were offered I would take Papa John's b/c I don't have to drive 1 hr each way for it.  Papa John's headquarters is a 5 minute drive from my apartment, just like the job I had before the bank.  Instead of turning right on one road, I turn left. 

Zirmed job is a bust.   Waiting to hear about Papa John's.  A friend of mine who also interviewed for the testing job w/the state says that she saw one of the women who interviewed us Friday at an Indian event and she told her that they were going to offer us both a spot.  I'm not thrilled about a 45 minute each way commute 5 times a week, but if it's the only one offered, I'm certainly taking it.  My rep knows that if Papa John's gets offered I'm going there.  5 minute drive is no comparison :)

Ok I've been away from the site for awhile now, so I figured it was time for an update.  I was laidoff on April 19th and as of today, I'm still unemployed.  Waiting to hear about possible interviews for a few things I've been submitted for, but nothing is moving lately.  On the plus side, I'm doing ok between my wife's monthly disability check and my unemployment money.  It's pretty frustrating, but I've gotten to spend all summer w/my kids, so that has been nice.  I've been teaching my 7 1/2 year old daughter how to play disc golf and we have a good time doing that together.  I haven't been maintaining my diet changes since I got laidoff b/c I really needed that work schedule to act as structure.  Nothing stops me from staying up all night right now really and it happens a lot.  I am being more active tho, so I'm maintaining that point of being a5-10 pounds lighter than when I first started my changes, so that's positive.

I'm an eternal optimist, but it's hard some days.  I haven't been around NF lately b/c as much as I enjoy reading the website articles and forums, I just can't force myself to do what I know I need to and reading about other people's success right now isn't what I want.  Miss my friends, but I will be back at some point.

Hey everyone!  I'm stopping by with some updates on my situations.  I am still unemployed.  I had a great interview w/the State of Kentucky almost 3 weeks ago about testing software for them, but Wednesday of last week they decided they are delaying hiring.  I am still in the running (they asked for me by name based on an interview I did w/them in May), but I am still jobless.  I have till Halloween before my unemployment runs out.

My wife and I decided on the 27th (the day after the Annibirthary, my birthday and our wedding anniversary) that we just don't feel the way we used to and neither of us want to be roommates raising kids, so we are splitting up.  The kids don't know yet, we are still spreading the word thru the family and friends and waiting till after my cousin's wedding next Saturday before we tell everyone officially.  My youngest is 5 1/2 and my oldest turns 8 next Tuesday.  I have opened up my job hunt to Lexington KY, as well as Louisville, where I currently live.  I will be the primary w/the kids, not my wife, due to her anxiety problems.

Since early August, I've had a chronic cough that has been wrecking me.  I've lost 20 pounds over a month due to extended streaks of either not being hungry or coughing myself nauseous and losing some or all of my food.  On the plus side, early this week I weighed 219, which I haven't weighed in a long time.  On the downside, body cannibalizing itself ditches both fat AND muscle, so that is less good.  I am trying to get back to my originally Paleo-ish diet I mentioned back in March or April in one of my other threads and I am doing pretty well overall so far.  I've only really been trying again for a week or so.  I finally got to an Urgent Care facility Wednesday (no insurance sucks balls!) and they say my allergies opened me up to getting bronchitis, so I'm on antibiotics and Ventolin to help me get over it all.  I'm coughing less and mostly have an appetite right now.

Tonight I did my initial tests for the hundredpushups.com website, as well as it's 200 situps and 200 squats sister sites.  17 pushups, 20 situps and 36 squats in a row for each of my respective initial tests. Good enough for column 3, column 2 and column 2 skipping to week 3 of the programs respectively.  This should help #1 combat the muscle loss from my body maybe still eating itself some and #2 help me lose weight in a healthy way as muscle burns more calories than fat.  I was trying to wait to get back into my diet and working out when I got a job again so I would have an easier time sticking to schedules and plans, but the unintended weight loss kickstarted me b/c I am looking better and I can see a noticeably smaller belly, man boobs shrinking, I can see where some of the fat on my sides (love handles and upper chest side fat) has been melting away and my chest is beginning to reshape into that rounded triangle.  I want this to continue and to achieve my goal of 200 (or less) and/or fitting in that old pair of leather pants :)

Training begins Monday.  Wish me luck folks.  I'm back.

Had a really good interview in downtown Louisville today.  The account manager was telling me, before he took me up for the interview, that they had been asking him if the interview went well, would I be able to start Monday.  I think things went really well and they have multiple positions on 3 teams.  It's either a 3, 4 or 6 month contract depending on which team I end up on, but the positions are very likely to re-up.  I'll be making $25 an hour if I get the job

Got that job.  Start either this Monday pending background and drug test.  Pay as mentioned above, 6 month contract.  Next phase of the project after this runs thru the summer, so I likely have a spot for about a year. :)  Drug test today or Wednesday whenever I go in, background check got started Friday.

Got that job.  Start either this Monday pending background and drug test.  Pay as mentioned above, 6 month contract.  Next phase of the project after this runs thru the summer, so I likely have a spot for about a year. :)  Drug test today or Wednesday whenever I go in, background check got started Friday.

Congratulations.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask