Forums are back in action! ×

Down 100, warning contains man boobs.

I am no where near my goal yet, I am still obese, and I have many many more pounds to go, but I am down 100 pounds from where I started when I set about shedding weight, and that seems like a good time for a woot.  

I've been taking these photos of myself every month, but this is the first time I've edited them together for easy comparisson. 

2013-10.jpg

2013-05-1.jpg

I do believe progress has been made.  

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

100 lb in 7 months. Nailed it! Awesome work my friend.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

This is an awesome success story. well done man thats an amazing transformation

Im in the same boat, i used to be 300lbs, i actually gave full commitment at 280lbs, im now at 260 after 2 or so months of healthy diet and lots of cardio. Target is 180 by January 2014. I hope i have as much success as u man, great inspiration.

How about a little info on how u did it? what diet and/or exercise regime? how often u worked out?

How I did it?  Combination of things.

Mostly it was diet.  That's what they say right 80% diet?   It was pretty simple really, which is not to be confused with easy.  I had just been transferred from first shift to third shift, and with my life completely rearranged it made it a good time to break bad habits.  I started using the app LoseIt! to track my calories 3am October 1st.  I have tracked everything, every single thing I have eaten between then and now.  Not easy, not for everyone, it can be a hassle and I know a lot of people don't like counting calories, and there are plenty of ways to eat healthier and better without the need.  I needed it though.  I needed to learn control more than anything, I needed to hold myself accountable, I needed the data.  

I'm not paleo, though I greatly respect the philosophy behind it and try to take a lot of its lessons to heart and tend to eat whole, unprocessed foods with as little ingredients as possible I still eat bread (I have a 20 minute lunch break, sandwich is just handy), and every so often indulge my guilty pleasure that is Noodles & Company's Indonesian Peanut Saute.   Still I always stick within my caloric budget.

Workouts were a lot of false starts.  I tried a couch to 5k program last fall, but fell out about week 3 when the weather snapped cold.  Tried and failed to start doing pushups sometime in the winter.  Two months ago (give or take), I heard about this place on the Art of Manliness podcast.  I started doing the beginner body weight routine, modified with the working your way up to a standard pushup article.  I've done that three times a week for the last 2 months, so I guess that's a habit formed.  Also I picked up the Zombies, Run! 5k trainer (see the link in my sig) and managed to stick with this one.  I'm writing this just before I head out on Week 8 Day 2, the penultimate training mission, day 3 is the long run, the goal of running a straight 5k.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

How I did it?  Combination of things.

Mostly it was diet.  That's what they say right 80% diet?   It was pretty simple really, which is not to be confused with easy.  I had just been transferred from first shift to third shift, and with my life completely rearranged it made it a good time to break bad habits.  I started using the app LoseIt! to track my calories 3am October 1st.  I have tracked everything, every single thing I have eaten between then and now.  Not easy, not for everyone, it can be a hassle and I know a lot of people don't like counting calories, and there are plenty of ways to eat healthier and better without the need.  I needed it though.  I needed to learn control more than anything, I needed to hold myself accountable, I needed the data.  

I'm not paleo, though I greatly respect the philosophy behind it and try to take a lot of its lessons to heart and tend to eat whole, unprocessed foods with as little ingredients as possible I still eat bread (I have a 20 minute lunch break, sandwich is just handy), and every so often indulge my guilty pleasure that is Noodles & Company's Indonesian Peanut Saute.   Still I always stick within my caloric budget.

Workouts were a lot of false starts.  I tried a couch to 5k program last fall, but fell out about week 3 when the weather snapped cold.  Tried and failed to start doing pushups sometime in the winter.  Two months ago (give or take), I heard about this place on the Art of Manliness podcast.  I started doing the beginner body weight routine, modified with the working your way up to a standard pushup article.  I've done that three times a week for the last 2 months, so I guess that's a habit formed.  Also I picked up the Zombies, Run! 5k trainer (see the link in my sig) and managed to stick with this one.  I'm writing this just before I head out on Week 8 Day 2, the penultimate training mission, day 3 is the long run, the goal of running a straight 5k.

This! 100% this....same way it all went down for me (substitute lifting for running in my case). And I cannot emphasis the bolded part enough. It's so simple.....easy, no...but simple.

Congrats! Awesome progress!!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

holy *****, i must admit i only saw the first three photos and wondered how far you had come but when i scrolled down and saw you can really see the difference. it is always the belly tha shows you are making real progress.

• [*]Level 2 High elf - Ranger (56.7 kilos, approximately 13% body fat)[*]strength 4, dexterity 3, stamina 6, constitution 6, wisdom 5, charisma 2.[*]Challenge - run 5K straight, do 3 day exercise with weighted backpack, reach rep goal for 6 weeks, revise enough for exams; maintain code of bushido[*]"Go into battle determined to die, and you will surely live. Go into battle hoping to live, and you will surely die"

Archived