Forums are back in action! ×

Your personal Battle Theme Song

Few things get me as pumped up and ready for battle as "The Warrior Princess" from the first Xena: Warrior Princess Soundtrack. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3GKAImpApM&list=PLCA5827202465404E&index=2

and the intro song, of course. 

Other songs:

Through the Fire and Flames: Dragon Force

Welcome to the Jungle: Guns 'n' Roses

I'll Make a Man Out of You: Mulan (no joke, this one is on my workout list)

My personal theme song, however, rotates between "The Imperial March" from Star Wars and "Shipping Up to Boston," by the Dropkick Murphys.

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

This is making me want to create a new play list!

My current favourite song to skate to is Rasputin by Turisas, I like to try and keep up with the beat when doing laps.
Other wise I tend to jog/run to anything metal/rock based, currently loving whiskey in the jar on long straights in the sun.

Rammstein keep me motivated all the time, they're my favourite band, I always get pumped remembering their shows!

• Like 1

Roller girl, weight lifter, cat lover.
"Wear panties on your head & hit your friends!"

Level One Warrior
+1 WIS +3 STR +2 STA +1 DEX +2 CON +1 CHA 

Challenge Time!

Current; 27/5 Laps

Moby Dick - Led Zeppelin

15 minute drum solo, yes please.

23 || 6'2 || 303 lbs || Level 2

STR 3.28  || DEX 1.64  || STA  2  || CON  3.32  || WIS  5.46  || CHA  2.64

Coffee's Six Week Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53823-coffee-under-the-black-flag/

Past Challenges: {1}

Coffee's Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51877-coffee/

Progress:

Weight: Starting: 303 lbs  ||  Current: 303 lbs  || Total Lost: 4 lbs   ||  Goal: 220

0%
0%

Currently Reading: Under the Black Sail ||  Last Read:  Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman

Books: 18/52

35%
35%

Personally, I get psyched whenever my MP3 player lands on either theme from R.O.D. Classy, strong beat, has the whole "urban motion"/heist feel to it that makes it good for a run.

LEVEL 0 ASPIRING SCOUT

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

- CHALLENGES: 1 -

"There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, but go beyond them." - Master Bruce Lee

Push It by Static X

Only by NIN

Angel with the Scabbed Wings by Marilyn Manson

Fistful of Steel by RATM

Graphic Nature by Deftones

Just to name a few - now I've made a list of other songs/bands I want to checkout to put in my workout playlist - this thread is awesome!

• Like 1

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

Possibly the only Murderdolls song that can be taken seriously. (As opposed to being outrageous, over-the-top fun.) I think of this one as my theme song for my life now. I like "People Hate Me" and "Death Valley Superstars" for battle music. (Really, I think it all makes good battle music. No matter what I'm doing, I seem to do it better listening to music that makes me want to buckle up my platforms and stomp faces.)

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Love love love this thread

I have two

Clement Marfo's 'Champion' because it's such an epic exercise track

and 'I Am The Doctor', because it's got that uplifting, soaring, I am awesome feel to it.

I have taken all knowledge to be my province.

- Sir Francis Bacon

Level 0 Human, leaning towards Assassin

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

- The Creed, as desribed by Ezio Auditore

One more. Just because when the intro completes and it kicks into high gear I want to go out and scream at the world while making my hair yellow and glowy.

• Like 1

I have taken all knowledge to be my province.

- Sir Francis Bacon

Level 0 Human, leaning towards Assassin

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

- The Creed, as desribed by Ezio Auditore

I hear this song and I picture myself done up in leather and hides, striding through a mountain forest and crushing skulls.  This is my battle anthem, and it never fails to perk me up or to set a fire in my soul.  Basically it makes me feel like I can take on the world like Jason Momoa's version of Conan the Barbarian, and it reminds me that we ultimately ride through this life alone with just our own two hands and the strength we possess in them.

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Few picks from the top of my head

Pantera - Cowboys from Hell

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Slipknot - Before I forget

Judas Priest - Painkiller

Skillet - Monster

Marilyn Manson - Fight Song

Static X - Destroyer

Slayer - Raining Blood

Metallica - Fuel

Powerman 5000 - Action

Cypress Hill - Can't get the best of me

Paul Stanley - Live to win

Saliva - Survival of the sickest

Amon Amarth - Death in Fire

Annihilator - Second to none

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

M.I.A. - Bad Girls. Especially since I tend to mishear the chorus as "lift fast, die young" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE

On the other side of the genre scale, Disturbed - Indestructible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj2vU2nr5Jw

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."