Forums are back in action! ×

NerdFitness Minecraft Server

Here's a project... setting up an area after from the villager breeding cloister where we can kidnap them to be merchants that can't run free,... the cloister will refill back to "enough villagers to spawn a golem" if the two in the dungeon are left alone and the kidnapped ones are taken far enough away.  I'm really keen on digging long and straight tunnels, especially at Y12.

I just made a rainbow sheep farm because it amuses me.  Is there actually a good use for all that colored wool?

Or I could make a spawner based on Duality's design.  The systems I linked could be XP farms with a shortened fall distance.

I did find another skeleton spawner and zombie spawner while digging.  I also have a tunnel to a mineshaft that I'm too afraid to explore alone, but it might have a spider spawner.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Do you guys just want me to make an infinite villager spawner, merchant hall and iron farm ala Tango Tek at spawn rather than my house?

Near the spawn.  Perhaps back in the jungle... or there was a lake a fair ways behind the spawn.

I'm also not above moving the breeding cloister further away and making the existing wall be around the merchant hall..  I can rip off the top to make a new bottom layer, then move the bottom layer.  Just need to grab some ancestors, then spend idle time in the new place to get them to breed.  I could dig the breeding cloister into the top of the hill above the Colosseum if it's far enough, then the kidnapper can be gravity-fed instead of needing powered rails.

Duality, have you downloaded Minotaur yet?  Being able to look at a big map of the world would be helpful.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Okay, Fi, that area is halfaffedly terraformed... about the best I am willing to do without a clearer idea of what you need.  Sorry I broke the ax you gave me.  I also apologize to who-ever's abandoned dugout called that their front yard.

I need more dirt for similar endeavors.

I also found that I enjoy digging when I am not tending the public farm-stead.... if anyone needs a tunnel, I think I could be easily talked into it.

Okay, Fi, that area is halfaffedly terraformed... about the best I am willing to do without a clearer idea of what you need.  Sorry I broke the ax you gave me.  I also apologize to who-ever's abandoned dugout called that their front yard.

I need more dirt for similar endeavors.

I also found that I enjoy digging when I am not tending the public farm-stead.... if anyone needs a tunnel, I think I could be easily talked into it.

There's a ton of dirt in the bulk storage in my basement.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Found a stronghold at z:1063, x:717 if anyone is feeling frisky.  

Way to go, Max.  I think I'll let someone else start torching the place first.

I could start putting a bridge to its spot in the nether.

I just found two spider spawners really close to my base.  Does anyone have a good design for farming them?  One is about Y29, if height makes a difference.  I'm not sure if the second one is a few blocks higher or lower.

Also, I'm about 50 blocks away from connecting tunnel Z1356 to my base, and there are a variety of spawners scattered along it.  (The entrance is just South of Duality's project, but I could try to dig a new entrance nearer to spawn since I'm mostly after cobble right now.)

You can help yourself from my chests of cobble, I have like 3 full lol

I also have another 1 full of cobble, + some in another chest in my mine entrance behind my house.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

You can help yourself from my chests of cobble, I have like 3 full lol

I also have another 1 full of cobble, + some in another chest in my mine entrance behind my house.

I've been putting my spare cobble into the nether, but building tunnels more than I mine.... I really think it's safer if I spend some time digging around like a caffeinated meerkat... Except for the risk of running into one of Duality's tunnels if I head towards spawn.

I've got an idea that may or may not need glass, a lot of other people need glass, and someone spotted a dessert near 2691 2584... According to my nether-map, it might take a lot of cobble.  (Do we have a way to share images?)

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.  I didn't realize there was so much involved with this game.

Also, my house is at a beach, I can make a couple hundred blocks of glass if someone needs them.

We have beaches, I think we would dig them all out very quickly if we were unconcerned about the aesthetics of the world.

And Minecraft is complicated once you get past "punch a tree, dig a hole, build a shelter."  I've been strictly single-player for a while, but http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki helped me want to move in ways I would have never imagined.

I feel like I've been spamming this thread.  I had a complicated set of events that made me feel that the inn needs to be larger.... then someone on-server said that we should have a discussion on how to improve the spawn point.

I'm making the inn larger... my basic idea was simply more space for beds and chests and hope someone else would join in on making it less of a mishmash. 

I've abandoned another base for being too far away from the spawn.  I left the house in it's semi-usable state, but it would be interesting to see it ripped apart for material.  There is a pair of spider spawner below my gate, would be very useful for a farm.  The long tunnel also has a mineshaft that I was too cowardly to properly loot, cave spider spawners, and a few disabled zombie and skeleton spawners.

I've also rebuilt the hill that the inn is on because I couldn't figure out how to make a bigger building below it that looked like part of it.  It will probably need more sculpting to look right again.  I left some dirt and wood and the stuff to improve the area and rebuild the dawn/dusk chimes; it's outside of the enchanting shed.

I buried my stuff, but I'll be back if the server stops looking like a ghost-town.

I'm slowly digging down to where I need to put the villager spawner.

The next real step is getting three villagers over there.

Does anyone have rails I could borrow? I don't have enough iron to make my own right now.

If you do, dump it in the chest where I'm building by spawn or drop it in the inn... once I get villagers over there it should be a quick build.

Two stacks of rails and I know where an adventurous sort with a stack of torches and some maze-markers could find more.

I had to dig a new back-door to get out of my hole... darn creepers.

I finished the villager spawner. I'm just going to build a gated area up above so they're safe, but feel free to make it look however you want up top. Don't use doors, please - piston doors and fence gates are fine.

Also, don't cover up the glass - the spawner will no longer work right if you do so.

I will create a little switch that sends villagers to their death as well, so we don't end up with 1000 of the little buggers.

If I don't get it finished by tonight, I'll make a little death trap so there won't be a whole bunch till I wake up,

Lended rails are in the inn... thanks again!

I'm putting villagers I like in minecarts so they stay in one place - you are welcome to do the same thing

This is what happens if you try to give them a place to go inside at night so they don't run crazy trying to get away from zombies...

so yes, no doors. Over 100 of them in just a couple hours. >.<

Lol, that's worse than my stupid chicken machine.

Could give them metal doors, but I'm not sure if they'd know what to do with them.  Maybe just a roofed area.

I should figure out how the blaze-crusher on the other server works and try to copy it on the NF server... that thing has caused me to use blaze rods to fuel my furnace.