Forums are back in action! ×

Waking up without an alarm, ver 2.0

[being a uncontrolled survey into some out-there super powers]

My dad was into Hong Kong, meditation, Brown rice and martial arts etc etc from the early 1960s. He used to help people with addictions (as a vocation). Sometime about 1974, there was a clinic visit and I saw a demo of the following with a client and picked it up. The client was v proud of his 'accuracy' and took up Sant Mat meditation.

Get into bed, relax, shut eyes and picture a traditional clockface.

Concentrate on the circle of numbers. See the numbers, see the two hands, one longer, one shorter. See behind the face, see the circular cogs and gears and sprockets. Watch the movement ticking quietly... then reach your hand to the clock hands and set the time of the alarm. Imagine the process. Twice, even three times. Make sure of the time you set for the time you want to wake up. Picture exactly where the big hand is pointing, zoom in the view, get up close. Now see the small hand in the same way. Now check, the big hand is not pointing at that number or the other number... it is exactly in line with THE number you set.... see it. Make sure of the time you set, the time you want to wake up. Picture exactly where the small hand is pointing, zoom in the view, get up close. See it.

Thats how I do it....

The amount of time you spend 'setting the alarm' is purely personal. When you're sure, you see it clearly, when you're ready, its time to sleep.

Did you wake up on the exact time you set?

Banter Gebang

I've always been able to wake up just about 5/10min before the alarm goes off. I always keep it on just in case but 9 times out of 10, I don't need it.

I think the key is first knowing how much sleep you need to wake up naturally, giving yourself that much time to sleep every day, and consistently waking up at that time every morning (even weekends). Eventually it should just happen.