Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

You wouldn't be putting in $200 in the jar, unless you're starting later in the year.  You should be only increasing the amount you put in by $1 each week.  $1 on the first day for week 1, $2 on week two, etc...  The most to put in will be $53 on the 31st.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Yes, the last month of this savings, aka December would be $50, $51, $52, and $53. Aka over $200 in one month. Additionally the one month that is hardest to afford to begin with. I might do it backwards and Start at $52 in the jar so that way December sucks less or else stick to $26 a week.

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Running the Get Lucky 7k in March.  Then I wait till July for the Warrior Dash.  I'll probably pick a few more runs up as well because I love to run.  Gotta get a few 10ks in this year as well.  Next year is a half Marathon and Disney Marathon in 3.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I'm looking forward to rocking that hat.

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

January 21st, 20XX (making up for missing yesterday): Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica.  While I am fully aware of the traditional Irish tune, I enjoy metaling it up once in a while.  I played a house party once that got about this wild (though not an all female party) and we ended up not bringing any of our gear out of there in one piece.  I'm glad I had borrowed some road gear for it...  Truth be told, it was almost frightening how quickly things escalated.  I haven't done a house show since.  It was one of those fun but scary parties.  

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

January 22nd, 20XX: Good Old Days - Weird Al Yankovic.  I'm going to bring you back a few years to 1986.  It was my first day of kindergarten and I really didn't know what to expect.  Nothing could have prepared me for what would happen on that fateful day.  I met Ian.  By "I met Ian" I mean, I found myself singing "It's a Small World" with him in the middle of class because we thought it was a fun song.  Thus started a friendship that has spanned over two decades.  We had many adventures growing up, from driving around town tossing water balloons at each other (both of us were in the same car), to roman candle fights, to (because I'm fairly certain the statute of limitations is up) water ballooning N'Sync.  Those were the days.  We've both gotten married and had a kid (or two in my case) and don't see each other near as much as we used to, but the memories stay.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Music has always been there for me, so it seemed appropriate.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Dude...the music posts are awesome...

I have so many songs that have helped me out through parts of my life or reminds me of certain things...

You hit one everyone now and again so that's really cool when that happens!

Grats on Savings!! That is going to be difficult at the end of the year LoL...especially with Christmas but you can do it!

Level 4 Dragonborn Ranger
STR 5 |STA 4 | INT 2 | WIS 1 | CON 7 | CHA 5

Level 1 | Level 2 | Level 3 | Level 4

I am most happy when I can bring a smile to someone's life.  It means I've done some good.  I thank you all for your kind words.

Last night was good.  I got a bit of stretching in (about 10 minutes), but it was a compressed night.  Got home around 6, made dinner for the family (who got home a few minutes after I did), got the kids to bed, got a hair cut and was still asleep before 10.  Feeling good about that last part.  Normally, I'm starting to get ready for bed at 10.  I got up this morning and did some jump rope in the garage.  It was -13 outside, so I woke up really quickly out there.  My heater is now out of gas, so I will have to get that refilled this weekend.  My son's school is closed today, so there's that.  I have a stained glass project that I got some good progress on two nights ago that I am itching to finish up this weekend.  I have to stop at the supply shop tomorrow for a few things and I'll finish it on Saturday.  The NRTIFLDTMOMNBART should be coming later today.  I'm torn between two songs.  Today is a day just like any other, but it has one important difference.  It's here now.  Take it and make it great.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

briggs-coffee-break-16.gif

Okay, it's decaf these days, but you know, still engaging.

So, it's Safety Pizza day here again (Yay no one losing a finger this month...) and it's always so crap.  I hear they ordered from a new place today, but I'm still skeptical.  I have my linguine and broccoli ready.  

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

January 23rd, 20XX: Just a Kiss - Lady Antebellum.  This song reminds me of my past days in dating.  I was the "Take it Slow" master.  For instance, I didn't kiss my wife when we started dating for a week.  We went out on 6 dates in that 7 day period.  I was the kid who always over-analyzed every situation and think of all the possible outcomes.  I still do on occasion, but I've let myself take risks without thinking more often.  Taking things slow, for me at least, has always helped me forge closer bonds to people.  I enjoy the time it takes to get to know someone.  Anticipation also adds to the moments when they do finally arrive.  

81824-Wonka-the-suspense-is-terrible-F0L

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I have the Irish Rovers version and the High Kings.  Both great.  I grew up listening to Metallica, so I knew theirs as soon as it came out.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jenn and I did not kiss on our first date. I too did not want to rush into things, but at the same time I was terrified because I had just come out and it was my first lesbian dating experience. So yes, Jenn is the first and last girl that I will ever date.

I'm kind of stupidly lucky like that.

• Like 4

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I'm kind of stupidly lucky like that.

Yeah you are.  Well done.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STALKER!! I AM HERE TO STALK!

Pretty sure the point is to not let your stalkee know you are stalking them.  Though it's been a while since I've had a stalker...

That song is absurdly beautiful. Definitely an instant favorite. You have excellent taste.

Thank you.  It's not always everyone's favorite music playing around here, but it makes me smile about the time I've spent on this world.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And because I have a love for Zen Pencils (and there was a conversation with a friend about timing for having a baby)

2014-01-21-ferriss.jpg

• Like 4

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I understand that I'm posting this in an online forum, but it still seems relevant.  

2013-09-05-maron.jpg

This is one reason for not having a smart phone.  I make sure that if I'm out, especially with my kids, I am completely there.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

2013-07-30-curieNEW.jpg

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid