Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

It may not be funny, but it's still relevant.  I came close to dropping out of the clowning/entertaining life a little over a year ago.  My wife was recently unemployed (by design) and I was feeling the weight of being the bread winner a little too heavily on my shoulders.  I felt like if I wasn't at work, I should be doing something around the house to make it run a little better or stay a little more organized.  I was all set to drop my membership to the clown unit I was with when I was out at a store in a different part of town than I normally would be.  I was wearing my clown hat with my name stitched on it and a brother and a sister came up to me asking if I was the Jitters from the circus.  I told them that I was and they told me how I inspired them to start reading about juggling and getting out there and trying it.  They practiced for the two months since the show and they were getting pretty good.  They were going to be at a talent show the following week and asked if I wanted to come and watch.  Their mom gave me the info and I decided to stop in.  Right away, I could see the talent they had was amazing.  They had a routine that revolved around trying and failing and trying again, even when it's not easy to do.  Then at the end, they credited me with getting into juggling and they ended up taking 2nd place overall.  I was humbled.  I spent the next few days thinking that if I can inspire those two, who else may have been inspired to try something?  You never know who you are reaching, by and large, so make sure you do great things that will spread joy.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

2012-04-19-worry.jpg

People often ask how I keep a smile on my face with so much going on.  There's my answer.

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I'm buying this print for my son.

2013-03-05-hadfield.jpg

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

It may not be funny, but it's still relevant. I came close to dropping out of the clowning/entertaining life a little over a year ago. My wife was recently unemployed (by design) and I was feeling the weight of being the bread winner a little too heavily on my shoulders. I felt like if I wasn't at work, I should be doing something around the house to make it run a little better or stay a little more organized. I was all set to drop my membership to the clown unit I was with when I was out at a store in a different part of town than I normally would be. I was wearing my clown hat with my name stitched on it and a brother and a sister came up to me asking if I was the Jitters from the circus. I told them that I was and they told me how I inspired them to start reading about juggling and getting out there and trying it. They practiced for the two months since the show and they were getting pretty good. They were going to be at a talent show the following week and asked if I wanted to come and watch. Their mom gave me the info and I decided to stop in. Right away, I could see the talent they had was amazing. They had a routine that revolved around trying and failing and trying again, even when it's not easy to do. Then at the end, they credited me with getting into juggling and they ended up taking 2nd place overall. I was humbled. I spent the next few days thinking that if I can inspire those two, who else may have been inspired to try something? You never know who you are reaching, by and large, so make sure you do great things that will spread joy.

This is awesome Jitters, hit me right in the feels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

January 23rd, 20XX: Just a Kiss - Lady Antebellum.  This song reminds me of my past days in dating.  I was the "Take it Slow" master.  For instance, I didn't kiss my wife when we started dating for a week.  We went out on 6 dates in that 7 day period.  I was the kid who always over-analyzed every situation and think of all the possible outcomes.  I still do on occasion, but I've let myself take risks without thinking more often.  Taking things slow, for me at least, has always helped me forge closer bonds to people.  I enjoy the time it takes to get to know someone.  Anticipation also adds to the moments when they do finally arrive.  

81824-Wonka-the-suspense-is-terrible-F0L

I like this in people...it's foreign to me, which makes it all the more interesting. I'm much too blunt and forceful and put it all out there so if I am interested in someone and it makes it past week one at all, they are either a.) completely insane, b.) entirely in denial of reality or c.) crazy awesome and laid back and can handle anything (still waiting on that last one--got several tshirts from the first two :( ) however, I still analyze things to death and prefer very blunt communication (ie. if you don't say "I like you and want to get in your panties" I'd be unsure how you felt about me until you were naked in my bed....LOL!) so there is that, which tends to be hard for you take it slow types, but just bc you said it, doesn 't mean it can't wait a while, right?

and I too, love these blurbs about your life. Have you heard back about the job? Did the wife apply for the graphic design one?

and I have a life goal of running the Disney Princess Half, hopefully before I leave FL, but my asthma keeps me from getting serious with running, bc not breathing sucks...and I'm bad about meds and Dr.'s so I don't necessarily take care of it the best I could, but this 2 month bronchitis has kinda changed that too, so I may start running soon...too many awesome Nerds are runners for me not to be interested in getting in on it too, plus it's the one and only surefire anxiety killer that is instant, so I love it for that alone.

So there is my novel about all that. Good luck on getting that job :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I understand that I'm posting this in an online forum, but it still seems relevant.  

2013-09-05-maron.jpg

This is one reason for not having a smart phone.  I make sure that if I'm out, especially with my kids, I am completely there.

I do the same, no electronics during family outings. Being an emotional 7 year old has its pros and cons, but I'm ok with it overall :)

2013-07-30-curieNEW.jpg

This one, thanks for making me cry :'(

Such a good message.

It may not be funny, but it's still relevant.  I came close to dropping out of the clowning/entertaining life a little over a year ago.  My wife was recently unemployed (by design) and I was feeling the weight of being the bread winner a little too heavily on my shoulders.  I felt like if I wasn't at work, I should be doing something around the house to make it run a little better or stay a little more organized.  I was all set to drop my membership to the clown unit I was with when I was out at a store in a different part of town than I normally would be.  I was wearing my clown hat with my name stitched on it and a brother and a sister came up to me asking if I was the Jitters from the circus.  I told them that I was and they told me how I inspired them to start reading about juggling and getting out there and trying it.  They practiced for the two months since the show and they were getting pretty good.  They were going to be at a talent show the following week and asked if I wanted to come and watch.  Their mom gave me the info and I decided to stop in.  Right away, I could see the talent they had was amazing.  They had a routine that revolved around trying and failing and trying again, even when it's not easy to do.  Then at the end, they credited me with getting into juggling and they ended up taking 2nd place overall.  I was humbled.  I spent the next few days thinking that if I can inspire those two, who else may have been inspired to try something?  You never know who you are reaching, by and large, so make sure you do great things that will spread joy.

:) How awesome :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Believe me I really enjoyed it. I've been struggling a lot with those feelings myself. Wondering if anything I do means anything at all. I think that's something we all strive for. I heard a while ago that the number one determining factor in job satisfaction is meaning. If your job, and subsequently your life, has meaning then everything will be ok. I appreciate your story as well. Keep on inspiring Jitters. You've done that for me today.

• Like 3

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Believe me I really enjoyed it. I've been struggling a lot with those feelings myself. Wondering if anything I do means anything at all. I think that's something we all strive for. I heard a while ago that the number one determining factor in job satisfaction is meaning. If your job, and subsequently your life, has meaning then everything will be ok. I appreciate your story as well. Keep on inspiring Jitters. You've done that for me today.

Everything you do has meaning.  Something as simple as a smile and a hello to a stranger can be the difference between life and death.  Never underestimate the power you truly have in this world to affect change.  More often than not, you'll never see the differences you'll make.  I was fortunate to have run into those kids again to see where they were.  That's why I believe it's so important to do good.  

Last night, I got in another workout and to bed before 10.  Strange thing is, the house is looking great as well.  We had the kids help us tidy up their toys and book (holy crap the books) and my little Bear even helped with the vacuuming.  All in all, a good night.  Got up this morning and it was above 10 degrees, so I decided to jump rope in the garage.  Still trying to get my food under control, and it's coming along, but slowly.  

Tonight, Potentate's Ball and probably some drinking.  Should be a fun time, and I'll try to get some pictures up.  

I forgot my speakers today, so there's an eerie silence in my office right now...  I don't like it.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

You guys are making me all sniffly

I'm finding out emotions are wonderful things. All of them. It's better to ball your eyes out than pretend nothing is wrong.

Everything you do has meaning.  Something as simple as a smile and a hello to a stranger can be the difference between life and death.  Never underestimate the power you truly have in this world to affect change.  More often than not, you'll never see the differences you'll make.  I was fortunate to have run into those kids again to see where they were.  That's why I believe it's so important to do good.  

Intellectually I understand this but there are still moments of doubt you know?

• Like 1

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

January 24th, 20XX: Clair de Lune - Claude Debussy.  This is my daughters absolute favorite song.  It's been a favorite of mine since the days my grandmother would play it for me when I was little.  She always loved this song and told me once that "you need to share the music you love with other people, otherwise what's the point".  Not far off.  My daughter would listen to this one on repeat until she fell asleep if I let her.  And when it's just me and her in the car, I will.  She always asks, "My song, Daddy?  Pleeeeeease."  I am going to start learning how to play this on piano this year for her.  

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'm finding out emotions are wonderful things. All of them. It's better to ball your eyes out than pretend nothing is wrong.

I do.  That's where the determination has to be stronger than the doubt.  I'm getting better at that.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

XKCD for the win

cold.png

Level 2 Warforged Druid

tumblr_mzw3lgr54h1qjobupo1_500.jpg

Nice

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I posted something about this the other day, about how when I was doing the bell ringing stuff over Christmas, I intentionally smiled and said hello to every single person that passed me, regardless of their donation or not, because I know that some people live alone, and don't get a whole lot of human interaction, so that friendly gesture might be the best (or only) human contact for that day, especially here where there are soooooo many elderly people who are widowed. So yes, I agree :) 

Agreed. I struggled for soooo long to feel anything at all for anyone, and of course, going through life like that...when you start to feel, all the bad shit comes first, but finally I got to the good feelings this year, and I realized that it all is good, and the bad gets less and the good gets more. I think we all have moments of doubt, I know I do at least...so just trust yourself. We intuitively know a heck of a lot more than we let ourselves believe intellectually. 

I found out that I am capable of love for people other than my children, it still scares the shit out of me on a daily basis, but I do it anyway....because when it is good, its GOOD, and I feel like life is getting a WHOLE lot better now because of finally feeling those emotions. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I am Jitters complete lack of motivation at work.  

On the plus side, I'm wearing suspenders today.  So, I've got that going for me.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Work has issues with the servers today.  We have limited interwebs (and I'm here playing) but no systems that we use for our jobs.  Oh well.  Paid time to sit around.  

It's a bit nippy today.  It's currently -15 and the overnight will be -26.  That's without windchill.  Gave me good motivation to not dally with my workout this morning out in the garage.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid