Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Shucks, thanks Ladies.  

And Bats, I would rock that hat so hard.  That's awesome.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I found this elsewhere on the boards and needed to steal it and put it right here.

wydt2222562_zps30cf1fad.jpg

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

WARNING: sappy, fairly emotional post follows. Feel free to skip :)

Always the motivator, Jitters. I don't comment much, but I want to let you know your posts and the song of the day stories have touched me and I hope I become half the man/father you are. Thanks for being you, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

WARNING: sappy, fairly emotional post follows. Feel free to skip :)

Always the motivator, Jitters. I don't comment much, but I want to let you know your posts and the song of the day stories have touched me and I hope I become half the man/father you are. Thanks for being you, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad that you find inspiration from my words.  I don't know that I am worthy of such high praise, especially coming from someone I think of as a good man, but I try to be the best man I can be.  It's all I can expect from myself.  

Jitters, why you always hit me right in the feels?

Because I have remarkably good aim?  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'm also noticing a distinct lack of pictures of you guys in hats around here.  Just sayin...

This weekend was something sort of interesting.  Really, yesterday was.  Saturday was just Saturday, but for some reason I found myself busy with everything else.  I had a list of things I wanted to do and I ended up doing everything else.  Kids got ran around, batting and thread were purchased, turkey was not cooked, fruit leather was not made (Thanks for the recipe Jess, I'm going to try it and my oven goes down to 170, I've found), ice sculptures were seen.  One thing I did have on my list that got done was bug Jess.  So, 8.3% for the days accomplishments. 

Sunday we had my 2 month old nephew's baptism.  In River Falls, WI.  I mention WI because I don't want other people to think we baptize our kids in the water falls in sub zero temperatures.  I mean, it might make for a good story as to how we are so resilient to the cold, but I digress.  Got down there to the church a little early.  Met up with my brother in law D, his wife K and the nephew Baby D.  I had a little chat with Baby D about how it's okay to cry and let the congregation know he's here and it's his day.  K kind of laughed it off and said, "We're hoping he's just like all the other kids who were quiet during there's".  So, imagine my surprise when he gets going during the ceremony.  I looked up and K was staring daggers at me.  I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be in a funny way.  Also during church, my back started to hurt.  A lot.  I had a disc issue a number of years ago that had been a recurring problem till about two years ago.  Hadn't felt pain since.  Yesterday, flare up.  I know I've been lax on my food intake recently and it may be a contributing factor, but man did it hurt.  So, heated seat on high for the ride home.  Helped a little.  Got home and took a bit of a nap.  Wife and kids went off somewhere to give me some quiet.  Nice of them.  They find themselves at the Mall of America on some rides.  Sounds like they had fun.  So, this is where my fun comes in.  

45 minutes into my nap, I get a call from a friend.  He's found himself in need of a ride from work to home.  Pretty short drive, so no problem.  I get him home and we have a beer at his place.  He's off to bed and I'm off to home.  I go out and get the Toddsley started up.  I drive a few blocks and Toddsley stops running.  I pull it into a lot and reach for my phone to call for a ride.  No phone.  It's sitting warmly on my table at home.  I ask a couple people if I can use a phone and I get no help.  I went back to my friends place, but when he's sleeping, there's not a power in the 'verse that can wake him before he's ready.  Well, it was time to start walking like Wendy (seriously, your hikes are impressive).  11 miles later and almost 2.5 hours later, I get home.  Wife and kids were wondering where I went, almost in a panic because they couldn't reach me on my phone and I didn't leave a note.  Explain everything, and have a couple ibuprofen.  Moral of the story, leave notes, even if you think you're going to be gone for 30 minutes.  I could save you some walking time.  

Today is the first day of lifting for me, so long as my back feels like it does.  Hoping for a good day.  Getting my food back under control starting now.  As treat for me, sliced red peppers and celery for snack.  

Happy Monday everybody!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I was somewhat vague and held an assumption of geography that was unrealistic as you don't live in this area.  I accept responsibility for your confusion on that one.  It still amused me.   :tongue:

Just got off the phone with my aunt.  Apparently, she's been having issues with her kitchen faucet for "the better part of 2013".  

tumblr_inline_mi78ocqJFt1qz4rgp.gif

She asked if I can come over after dinner and help her out.  I asked her how she's been handling it (and glossing over why she hadn't asked before in the past 12 months) and I guess she's just been turning the water off when she's not using it.  She did say she's saving money on water, so, yeah, that's good.  It's going to be an adventure, I'm sure.  Fortunately, she lives half a block from a Lowe's.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Also, Toddsley is running again.  Went to go pick it up and it started up just fine.  Bringing it in tomorrow to get checked.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

There's never a dull moment in your life, Jitters!  :)  I definitely agree about the leaving a note part or letting people knowing your hiking plans... There might have been a search and rescue operation in my not too distant past...

Hope your back feels good enough to lift.  Did you do physical therapy as part of the recovery or did you have to have surgery?

In days gone by, I would have thought this life dull, but as I look at it after typing it up, I agree, my life is a lot of fun.  I feel like there's a good story about S&R, Wendy.  

I did PT for recovery because my doc at the time said surgery would have left me with some pain/stiffness that would have been constant and not really worth it.  I'm feeling pretty good now, but sitting is killer for me and I can't get approved for a standing desk at work.  

I always have fun fixing things.  It's therapy for me on the cheap (when it's not my plumbing I'm fixing) so I enjoy it.

I am kind of grateful for having to walk yesterday.  I'm realizing in a month and a half I have a 7k to run.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I skipped my morning jumping due to not wanting to aggravate my back.  I may jump after lifting tonight, but we'll see.

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

February 3rd, 20XX: Crawling in the Dark - Hoobastank.  I have made some terrible mistakes in my life and I have made some remarkably difficult, albeit great, choices.  I've always wondered what kind of life I am building for myself, and recently, for my family as well.  I always presume that my choices will lead me to happiness because that's why I make the choices.  Turns out they aren't always the right ones, but it's surprising how we find what we are looking for when things seem to go wrong.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yesterday saw my first ever lifting with a bar.  Like, in a gym and everything.  It was a pretty big deal.

Benched 10 @ 45 lbs, 10 @ 70 lbs then 5 @ 90 lbs.

Squats (double checked my form to ease Jess' mind.  Thanks for that tip, by the way) 10 @ 45 lbs, 10 @100 lbs and called it good.  I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with squats, I'm thinking.  

I took some body measurements yesterday, but I wrote them down and didn't bring my notebook into work today, so you will have to wait till I get home tonight for those.  I wanted to track what happens while I do this.  

Jumped rope and probably shouldn't have.  Got home and slipped just a little bit on some ice and tweaked my back again.  Thankfully, I just picked up some ThermaCare heat pads on advice from Batgirl.  Those things rock.  Made my night better.  Well, that and some Percocet.  Was passed out (thankfully) by 9:15 last night.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

February 4th, 20XX: Fight as One - Bad City.  The theme song for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon that my son and I marathoned one weekend last year.  We really enjoyed that show because of the character dynamics and just the right amount of humor.  I enjoyed the story lines a great deal.  They reformatted it and re-branded it after three seasons, but it's still a favorite of ours.  Why this song!  As soon as we heard it, he asked if I could find it so we can listen to it whenever we needed to feel like heroes.  Well, what father can say no to that?  Not this one, that's for sure.  Last night, he brought up that if we do a super hero theme for his birthday this year that he wants to do something with that song.  Ideas are coming fast now.  Going to be fun.  I also noticed that it found it's way onto my running playlist last year and last night, with my first official lift, it was first up.  Talk about pumping me up.  I like to think of my friends here at NF as my Avenger team, even those of you who are more DC inclined (Bats).  I appreciate your support and I thank you all for being awesome.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Great workout my Jittery friend! Lots of rest, water, and protien today

I can do two of those things, but we'll have to see about rest.  Ry has a friend coming over after school.  We'll see how that goes.  Thanks again for your advice yesterday.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I think I'm going to move them to the front of the workout line up.  I enjoyed it a great deal and I'm looking forward to more.  

I can't remember where I found it, but it was a freebe.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Woohoo!  Good job on raising the bar.  << See what I did there? :)

Oh_04c072_754047.jpg

patrick-harris-see-what-you-did-there.gi

Level 2 Warforged Druid

tumblr_mk8a3vrFJi1qzzh7so2_500.gif

Yes there is: Jitters.

I decided to take a page out of Mdowning's book and set up an anniversary evening.  It's not as complex as his was, but I think it will be nice.  And it's almost two months away, so there's plenty of time for things to go wrong/change.  We had plans for dinner already, so I decided to kick it up a notch.  The Friday night before, I'm going to be bringing my truck down there and having my little brother meet me to bring me home.  It's going to be under the pretense of him working on an issue that comes up.  That way, Sunday morning, we're not stranded in Stillwater.  Now, my mom agreed to take the kids for the evening, so I thought, how can I make it fun for them too?  The answer seemed simple enough.  Rent a limo to drive them to grandma's.  Then wife and I get dropped at the restaurant.  Dinner is at Luna Rossa in Stillwater with will be a 5 course meal with a bottle of wine, plus a bottle to take home.  Now, Stillwater has a lot of old buildings that have been turned into great hotels.  I got a room reserved for the evening that has a fireplace (and hot tub, but I digress ;) ) and have set up flowers to be in our room waiting.  The hotel is two blocks away, so we'll walk after dinner.  All I have to do now, is remember to pack an overnight bag and have it in my truck waiting and get the limo booked.  And I have to make sure that my brother doesn't say anything about it.  He's usually pretty good about stuff like this, so I think I'll be good.  My mom only knows she's watching the kids overnight and wife knows that and we're having dinner.  The rest, is my surprise.  Now I'm excited for two months to fly by.  

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I am in search of some ideas from my culinarily (making up words now) inclined peeps.  A turkey gave up it's life so my family and I could enjoy it's flesh. While I gave thanks to it for being so kind, and we did enjoy it, I have no idea what to do with the leftovers.  Anyone have brilliant ideas?  It was a 13 lb bird.  Doesn't have to be Paleo, but I'm not opposed to the idea.  Thank you in advance.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I am in search of some ideas from my culinarily (making up words now) inclined peeps.  A turkey gave up it's life so my family and I could enjoy it's flesh. While I gave thanks to it for being so kind, and we did enjoy it, I have no idea what to do with the leftovers.  Anyone have brilliant ideas?  It was a 13 lb bird.  Doesn't have to be Paleo, but I'm not opposed to the idea.  Thank you in advance.

Saute some onion and celery in butter, when its cooked translucent, add a can of golden mushroom soup and enough water to thin it to how you like (usually 1/2-1 can) add some seasoning (i like cajun seasoning but y'all may not have that and the kids might not like it too, so some all purpose poultry seasoning would be good) and throw in as much shredded turkey as you want to use, when its heated through, serve it over rice with a salad or veggies of some kind. Tada! Best turkey leftovers ever (my dad made it after thanksgiving every year and its my favorite way to eat turkey still, you can also use chicken for an everyday dinner idea if the fam likes it enough)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn