Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Mushrooms are not allowed in my house, but I can use a cream of celery or chicken.  Thanks for the recipe, Bekah.  

I am pretty damned cute, aren't I?  How does this world handle me?  

And yes, I had some hot chocolate over lunch.  This afternoon will not be boring for me.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

And it's been a few months, but the insurance company is finally paying out from the break in!  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

We're that awesome.  And modest.  Just ask us.  You have to be really cool to be as modest as us... :P

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And it's been a few months, but the insurance company is finally paying out from the break in!

It's always a good feeling when you get money you didn't necessarily plan on having. (I just assume insurance companies never pay)

Win!

Also you and Mdowning are putting all SOs to shame.

That's the goal :)

We're that awesome. And modest. Just ask us. You have to be really cool to be as modest as us... :P

It's true. I'm so modest it hurts sometimes. I have modesty oozing out of me. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's always a good feeling when you get money you didn't necessarily plan on having. (I just assume insurance companies never pay)

That's the goal :)

It's true. I'm so modest it hurts sometimes. I have modesty oozing out of me. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

internet-bro-fist.jpg

de09ca_1015710.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"Life is the future, not the past. The past can teach us, through experience, how to accomplish things in the future, comfort us with cherished memories, and provide the foundation of what has already been accomplished. But only the future holds life. To live in the past is to embrace what is dead. To live life to its fullest, each day must be created anew. As rational, thinking beings, we must use our intellect, not a blind devotion to what has come before, to make rational choices."

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I ache today.  My arms and legs don't move like they did on Sunday.  This isn't pain, this is awesome.  I crave more.  I want to skip work to go lift.  I think I've found my workout.  

p68DmMz.gif?1

My back is feeling better today after a night of playing with some kids (both of mine plus one of my son's friend from school) and not taking myself too seriously.  I got some great news in regards to my insurance claim and for my energy bills.  Then I get to work today and find I've been given a team to make into better sales associates.  Do they realize what they've done?

tumblr_lo9ew6LesN1qkld3fo1_500%5B1%5D.gi

I'm getting full of myself already and if I keep it up, then I'm going to have to do 5 circuits of the ABWW again.  And no one wants that.  

It's Wednesday everyone.  Take a moment today and realize how much you kick ass.  I'll give you a hint; it's a lot.  You are on the long road to betterment and you have every reason to smile.  You may not be able to see it because of the clouds or because it's on the other side of this planet, but the sun still shines.  You have someone out there that will think of you at least once today and they will smile because of it.  You made someone else smile just for being you.  Let that sink in for a moment.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Brace yourselves!

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

February 5th, 20XX: I See the Light - Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi.  Last night, after my son's friend went home and he went to get ready for bed, My daughter crawled up on the couch to snuggle in with me.  Always a good time.  One thing that someone would notice if they were to visit my house is that we always have music playing.  At least when we're awake.  And the kids have their music while going to sleep, but that's just in their room.  So, last night, me and my Bear on the couch cuddled in when this song comes up on Pandora.  She looks at me and asks "Sing with me Daddy?"  Well, of course I will.  We sang the song (best she can anyways, she's 2) and she sat still the whole time.  She never sits still.  After the song was over, she kissed me on my cheek and asked me, "Play on guitar for me?"  I don't play guitar well (at all) but I told her I will learn.  So now, I have a goal for this year.  I'm going to learn this song for her.  She also asked if we can make lanterns for her Rapunzel birthday party.  Yes we can.  Because she's worth it.  I will do all that I can for my family.  Anyone who stands in my way will learn the wrath of a clown is no laughing matter.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I am in search of some ideas from my culinarily (making up words now) inclined peeps.  A turkey gave up it's life so my family and I could enjoy it's flesh. While I gave thanks to it for being so kind, and we did enjoy it, I have no idea what to do with the leftovers.  Anyone have brilliant ideas?  It was a 13 lb bird.  Doesn't have to be Paleo, but I'm not opposed to the idea.  Thank you in advance.

Turkey croquettes.

Hope I'm not to late with that suggestion.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Not too late at all.  Still taking suggestions.  We froze half of it, so we have time to make whatever.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Bats!  Thank you for that idea.  We didn't have the ingredients for Bekah's suggestion, so I whipped up a bastardized version of the croquettes that I found online.  Fried them up and I expected some resistance from the kids.  None at all.  It was quite possible the fastest they have ever eaten a meal.  And went back for seconds.  So tasty.  

Got my lifts in yesterday.  Feels so good.

Squats:

5x5x45

5x5x100

Bench:

5x5x45

5x5x70

5x5x90

The last set at 90 was a struggle for me, but I made it.  This morning, despite of the -6 and -23 windchill, I went out and jumped.  Balls, it's cold out!  I think the worst of it is that we haven't had those random above 30 degree days to offset everything.  The 15 and 20 degree days are going to feel soooo good next week.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

February 6th, 20XX: Be Prepared - Scar from The Lion King.  I like to think of myself as an overall good person.  Some might disagree with that, but they might have reason to.  They also haven't seen me in 13 years.  Back then, I was working for a high end department store in their Loss Prevention department.  I was young, ambitious and very good at my job.  At the time, I was one of 8 who were being considered for the LP manager position of the new store opening in Hawaii.  I wanted it.  More than anything at that time, I wanted it.  I knew it was going to be a long process, so I did my research on the competition.  I scrutinized every case they had, found every flaw and even spread some rumors that, while true, had no bearing on their professional lives.  Looking back at it, I'm not proud of what I did, and I've contacted 4 or 5 of them since and apologized.  Some, I just can't find.  After 4 months of this, I got weary that they weren't going to offer it to any of us, because we were told that it would only be a 2 month process.  In that 4 months, T and I decided to move in together and had signed the papers.  Two days later, I ended up being offered the job.  I had to turn it down and I recommended the candidate that I thought would have been best suited for it.  She ended up getting the job and has made it one of the best stores in the company for keeping loss to a minimum.  I've grown since then, but this song always makes me think that there are always more layers to people than we can see.  I'm sure that if I were ambitious enough, I would do it again, but for now, I'm content with my lot in life (well, maybe a new job would be nice...)

Level 2 Warforged Druid

It's Wednesday everyone.  Take a moment today and realize how much you kick ass.  I'll give you a hint; it's a lot.  You are on the long road to betterment and you have every reason to smile.  You may not be able to see it because of the clouds or because it's on the other side of this planet, but the sun still shines.  You have someone out there that will think of you at least once today and they will smile because of it.  You made someone else smile just for being you.  Let that sink in for a moment.

This made me cry. Thanks ya big ol' sexy mushball! How are you feeling today?? and they gave YOU a team?!?! Make top hats on Friday a thing for all of you ;)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

and we all have positive and negative parts to us, it's part of being human. Accept your negative as valid and do what you can to live positively, which you are clearly doing...now if I only listened to myself! lol!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

This made me cry.

I have that effect on people.  Again, I'm rather onion like.  

I'm good.  I have general jell-oish arms today, but I'm feeling good.  Today is when I have to turn in my first assessment of my new team.  Let me tell you, these guys are not happy I'm their boss.  They think I'm some punk kid who doesn't know what I'm doing.  While I would tend to agree with them, in this instance, I cannot.  I am an excellent salesman and will not allow them to be anything less than the best.  We'll see how this actually goes.  My boss did give me the authority to boot anyone off my team if they weren't going to follow.  The benefits of being on a team include higher commissions due to increased sales.  

I'm fired up today.  Watch out!  It's going to be a fun Thor's Day

cereal.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I was going to ask if this offset the recent pay cuts...good :) That seems to happen (people getting pissed about a younger boss) I'm glad you are such an ass kicker that you wont take their shit :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I have my first "Team Meeting" today at 9:30.  We'll see how that goes.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

On the recipe front, I'd say when life gives you meat, give back egg rolls. I'd probably go baked egg rolls over fried. If you aren't 100% gotta be paleo, I'd just pick up a pack of egg roll wrappers instead of making your own (it's possible to make your own paleo wrappers, but a pain in the bum). And really, the ingredients of your egg roll are pretty flexible. Shred the turkey, add some cabbage and other veggies, wrap, bake, enjoy.

• Like 1

Level 1-2ish Assassin

Str: 2.2 Dex: 1.9  Sta: -0.49 Con:1.3   Wis: 2.8 Cha: 1.7

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43281-a-single-step/

Dig it.  I don't think I've ever made my own rolls.  We did just get some cabbage yesterday, so, I'm now excited.  That's happening tomorrow.  Thanks for the info on it.  What would I bake them at?

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

When we had a ton of leftover turkey I made some turkey stock and podvarak.  Podvarak is basically sauerkraut with meat and potatoes, carrots, and onions  (and a little of the stock) baked slow and low.  I think we threw in the whole turkey leg and the meat was falling off the bone.  It's great cold weather food.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to look into that, Wendy.  Thanks for the tip.

So, I had my meeting this morning with my new team.  I have 8 people that are going to be under my guidance.  5 of which were not that happy about it.  One took me up on an offer I made.  I was going over the expectations and how we are going to divide up sales and help support each other.  Here's part of my notes (yes I make notes for my meetings, don't judge): "We are a team; from (My Boss) and myself all the way through, we're a team.  We will celebrate when even one of us has a win and we will all help out when one of us falls.  Our victories will be greater and our failures will be softened because we do this together.  If you don't like the team you're on, there's the door.  I will not have anyone on this team that doesn't want to be."  He got up and walked out.  I informed them that I will be a tough man to work with.  I will expect them to learn new ways of thinking and they will see the rewards because of it.  I let them know I will never tell them I am too busy to help them out.  I also informed them that I will not tolerate sabotaging of others, even if they're not on our team.  I think the remaining 4 naysayers were swayed.  We roll out our new plan on Monday, so I am hopeful that we will start seeing increases next week.  

Oooo, 3,000 posts!  That can mean only one thing, I have way too much time on my hands.  Or I have way too much fun here.  You guys rock.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

according to the all-seeing, all-knowing google, bake at 425 for 18 minutes. I'd suggest to keep the temp, bake for 10 minutes, flip them over, bake for another 10. that way both sides get crispy and you compensate for the heat loss that occurs when you open the oven

Level 1-2ish Assassin

Str: 2.2 Dex: 1.9  Sta: -0.49 Con:1.3   Wis: 2.8 Cha: 1.7

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43281-a-single-step/