Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

March 7th, 20XX: Phil the Fluther's Ball - The High Kings.  It's getting to be one of my favorite holidays.  St. Patrick's Day is a little over a week away and with it being on a Monday, I expect the party that evening to be a little less crazy than in years past when it was on the weekend.  This song is from The High King's DVD that I bought at an Irish Fest and had them autograph.  I play it a lot for my kids and this is one of their top 3 songs from it.  It is, unfortunately, unavailable for download so I can put it on my iPod, but whenever we put it on at home, it becomes a dance party.  My kids love it.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

88bpG1u.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

So, my daughter decided she would dress herself again today...

tumblr_n2c8o2xm811skbydco1_500.jpg

That would be pajama bottoms, her favorite purple shirt, her swimsuit over all that and a pirate eye patch.  That's my girl.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And because I am fond of how this turned out, you get three pictures for the price of one of my latest holiday stained glass piece.

tumblr_n2cr1peBpT1skbydco1_500.jpg

tumblr_n2cr1peBpT1skbydco2_250.jpg

tumblr_n2cr1peBpT1skbydco3_250.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

The border comes across much more amber than it is.  It's rather orange.  Think Irish flag orange white and green.  The shamrock is made from a thicker Italian glass I found at a shop that was closing down.  It has a lot of imperfections in it like the bubbles seen in the photos, but I really like working with it.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Very cool. What type of material goes in between the pieces of glass? I bet the little bubbles can cause trouble when trying to cut/shape the pecies. I can't draw worth a crap so I'm always drawn to "hands on" creative stuff like this.  I was just telling BW that I want to try to paint another goalie mask this summer.

Sorted Hufflepuff, Self Proclaimed Stark, Lover of LEGOS

Love the stuff you love, and pursue your passions without fear or regret.

Weekly Battle Log Here: Silver Sword

After I cut and grind the edges smooth, I apply a copper foil around the edge of each piece.  Then, I solder it together.  The bubbles aren't that big of a deal with cutting.  

painting your own helmet would be awesome.  You've painted yours already, I presume?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks, Bekah.  

It occurs to me I've been slacking on the NRTIFLDTMOMNBART's recently.  I may have to do them weekly instead of daily.  It's just crazy these days around my brain, so my writing has been crap.  

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

March 13th, 20XX: Finnegans Wake - The High Kings.  There are a lot of versions of this song out there.  I like the pace of this one the best.  It really gets the party started.  Back when my daughter was a wee lass (okay, she still is), the 4 of us went to our local Irish Fair to see these guys play.  I'd seen them before, but this year, I wanted to bring my son at least.  My wife wanted to go too, so we all went.  My daughter was about 1 at the time and she was feeling a little tired.  As soon as they started this song, she raised her head off my shoulder and started dancing.  Darrin Holden (guy playing the accordion in the video) noticed her dancing and started laughing.  After their set, we met them for a singing and when he saw her, he told me he was hoping we'd come through the line.  He said he was happy that parents would take their kids to something like this to listen to good music.  My little Bear is not a shy girl.  She asked (in her limited vocabulary) "Play Fin-gin?"  The guys were gracious enough to a cappella the chorus for her and it made her day.  Ryan even joined them.  Second best concert for me. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

After I cut and grind the edges smooth, I apply a copper foil around the edge of each piece.  Then, I solder it together.  The bubbles aren't that big of a deal with cutting.  

painting your own helmet would be awesome.  You've painted yours already, I presume?

That sounds neat. 

Why yes, I did paint my old mask.  I have since retired it because it's out of date and it would be a shame to see the paint get chipped. I have some pics on the home computer so I'll have to dig some up and post them.

Pics or it didn't happen!  :)

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I gave in to the peer pressure so hopefully this works.  I had some pictures on my phone and then added them to my NF gallery (which I just learned existed).  I had an all black mask that I sanded down and repainted with stencils and spray paint.  The link in my signature will take you to a blog post I wrote up detailing my adventure, including pictures of each step.

Batmask 3

Batmask 2

Batmask 1

Best mask ever!  Well done on that Jenn.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

3 mile run this morning?  Sure, why not.  Now I remember why I wanted to do 10ks this year, 5ks are my regular things now.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yeah, not quite, Bats, but close.  

I've been running for a while, but it's completely different running outside compared to the treadmill.  Beyond the obvious "It's outside and outside is great" part, I was only able to run the treadmill in the evenings.  While still nice to move the legs, I had forgotten how it makes me feel in the mornings.  4:20 this morning, I got up and got ready to go.  After a warm up and stretching session, I got out the door and hit the road.  I got back and cooled down before getting ready for work, a smile on my face that just wont go away.  Usually, I feel like this all day and whatever happens at work can't break it.  Early morning runs for the win!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

You guys are mental!

There was ever any doubt?

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid