Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Thanks for the support, everyone.  I appreciate it.  This is why I like this community so much.  

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 9th
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Canadian Brass

We grew up fairly poor as a family (not much changed...), but my parents always tried to make Christmas special.  We always had the village under the tree (until we had dogs...  then until we had grandkids running around) and homemade stockings.  In November, mom would always get a couple toy catalogs for us to look through and circle what we wanted.  When I was about 10 or 11, all I wanted was Ninja Turtle toys.  The top of my list was the Technodrome.  I knew it was well out of our price range, but I circled it anyways.  Christmas morning rolls around and my brothers and I were under that tree looking at who gets what present at 5:30 in the morning.  My parents get up and mom puts on some music.  We started opening.  I always saved my biggest present for last.  I opened up some others and I got a couple new Turtles and a "Weapons Pack" which was an old NES game case filled with an assortment of weapons that mom got from Goodwill.  I opened my big present after that and saw it.  This song had come on as I was opening it up and it must have stuck in my memory bank.  I stared in disbelief when I saw what it was.  The Technodrome!  A merry little Christmas indeed.  It was gently used, but I didn't care, I got exactly what I wanted.  Years later, I was helping my mom wrap presents and she mentioned that year and asked if I even cared that it was second hand.  I told her that it didn't matter at all, I remember using the hell out of that thing for years because it was so awesome.  She told me that when she went to Goodwill look for things, they had just put it on the floor and she happened to be right there.  She grabbed it before they could set it on the shelf.  I guess there were some other shoppers who were a little envious of her.  They offered her 30 bucks for her to let them buy it.  My mom held her ground on it.  New it was about $50, but it was hard to find in store around us.  I am so glad she did.  Anytime I hear this song, I think back to that morning.  I hope that I have a few of those moments for my children in the years to come.

• Like 4

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

First instance as a robot clown (it's going to be a thing), so I figured this was the way to go, but you bring up a good point...  Now to wait 149 days...

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I like Robo-Jitters 3000 better anyway

Your new Image:

giphy.gif

Nice

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 10th

12 Days of Christmas - Bob and Doug McKenzie

So, I've done the song once before, but not like this.  This is the old Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas version that always got a laugh out of me when I was a teen.  Little has changed, I still find it funny.  It was on the Dr. Demento Greatest Christmas Novelty CD of All Time and it's one I still own.  There were many days of Christmas that I sung along and got a good chuckle.  Laughing makes the days a little brighter.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 11th

Christmas Eve/Sarajevo - Trans-Siberian Orchestra 

I've always enjoyed Carol of the Bells (probably have another version in the next two weeks here).  I heard this one and I was hooked on TSO.  Couple years back, my brother in law bought my wife and I tickets to see them in concert.  Hell of a good show.  Right now, I'm trying to piece together a routine with this song for my juggling.  It's slow going with the timing of everything, but it's inspiring for me to keep at it.  After hearing it so many times (on repeat to get timing and tricks down), a lot of people had asked if I ever get tired of the song.  No.  No, I do not.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 11th

Snoopy's Christmas - The Royal Guardsmen

So many fond memories of listening to this tape when I was a kid.  I used to pretend I was Snoopy and had to fight for my life when I would be shot down by the Red Barron.  I was stumbling through at work today and it came up.  I stopped what I was doing and had to listen to the whole thing.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Mega Man is 27 today.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 18th - Man, am I terrible at this...

Carol of the Bells -  Mykola Leontovych

This one appeared on an episode of The West Wing a number of years ago.  I've always enjoyed this song, but with the subject matter being discussed in the show, it really stuck.  It's a staple in our Christmas music catalog.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 19th

Alfie: It's in Everyone of Us - John Denver and the Muppets

This is easily one of my top 5 favorite Christmas songs.  It has been since I was young.  I remember in high school, we were supposed to recite a poem in some English class long forgotten.  I used the beginning monologue as mine.  While most of my classmates had note cards for theirs, I knew this well enough to not need it.  The teacher (who must have grown up not liking childhood) had apparently never heard of John Denver or the Muppets.  Fast forward many years and you'll find me on Christmas Eve with my nieces and nephews reciting and singing.  They still ask me to do this, even though they are 11-16 years old.  I guess they really enjoy it.  

Music at ~3:25

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Watched that last night with the kids.  Still a top 5 Christmas movie for me.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 22nd - It's so close!
Christmas at Ground Zero - Weird Al Yankovic

I knew I wasn't going to get through the Countdown without him.  I was a young teen when I heard this for the first time.  There are a fair number of people I know who get offended with a song referencing nuclear fallout and Christmas, but I don't have the capacity to be that offended.  It's supposed to be a humorous song, and it is.  One of my oldest friends and I still find creative ways to send this video to each other.  This year, I made a stained glass piece for his daughter and in the package, I added a jump drive with this video marked, {Jitters and Friend} Through the Years.  Just this video.  I got a call on Saturday with his approval.  
There's two more coming for the countdown.  I am so very excited for Christmas to come.  My children are so excited and I know what they're getting, so I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they open their presents.  I love the feeling that the gifts someone receives is perfect.  It's a small way I can let them know that I care.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And today, I will answer the phone like this:

tumblr_mdd2h9zM301rzbvsto1_500.gif

Such a good mood today.
tumblr_mydlvoht6A1rbybp4o6_500.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

giphy.gif

I love this movie, and have a mini version of that tree on my table as a centerpiece :)

Jitters, you are the best storyteller!

How many different colors have you gotten so far? How many "huh????" ? LOL! Merry Almost Christmas :D

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

We have one of those trees as well.  Thinking about it, we have 3 trees up at our house and I have one in my office.  

So far, I've only received two calls...  it's a slow day.  Both answers were Red.  I think most people were thrown off at my answering as "Buddy the Elf"

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Adding a Blue to the list.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

So, I got 3 calls yesterday...  today is probably going to be slower...  Yay.

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 23rd

Belleau Wood - Garth Brooks

Okay, not exactly a Christmas song, but it's played a lot more during the season on my iPod.  Music has a way to lift you and move you in ways that can't be explained with simple words.  I choose to believe that music can bring people together.  Peace can be had if we move past our fears and try to understand other people.  

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=821276

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters Countdown to Christmas - December 24th - the night before. We made it.

Silent Night - John Denver and The Muppets 

This is my absolute favorite version of my absolute favorite Christmas song. I'm teaching my kids the German version and it's coming along. I like the story in the middle on how the song came to be. I sit here, ready to finish up getting gifts under the tree, with this song playing. Tomorrow, I get to see my family's reactions wheb they open their gifts. We'll be stopping by the fire station to drop off some gifts for the firefighters working while missing Christmas with their families. Merry Christmas everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGv1kK1uOl4&app=desktop

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Happy new year jitters! This made me smile:

8911dc772f3f621f903cb7f16f67e969.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 4

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Thanks!  Boba Yoga is going to be a thing.  I'm going to flip a coin on my involvement on this 6WC.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'm not. I might do the next one though...

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast