Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Thanks, Mags.  

I have been rocking and rolling my my shop and have a lot of projects that are close to completion.  I got sidetracked by more important things this weekend.  

Jitters Junior was complaining of stomach pain Friday night.  Woke him a few times over night. On Saturday, he seemed to be a little better, but kept an eye on him.  He went to his soccer game (and scored the game winner) but was a little sluggish and not hustling like he normally would.  Said it hurt at dinner time again and really didn't have more than a bite of food.  Was up every 30 minutes or so overnight Saturday.  Sunday, thinking it may have been constipation, we gave him some meds.  Didn't really help (he didn't have much in his stomach to evacuate...), but was feeling well enough to get outside for a bit.  Headed over to my parents for dinner.  Left early because it was really hurting him.  Took him into the ER (Urgent Care was closed at this point) and they were prepping him for a few different tests.  He got a much needed IV and some pain meds.  I've heard a lot of stories of kids (and adults) who say and do silly things while on pain medication.  Turns out, my boy gets hyper logical.  He was giving me the percentages of female to male staff that came to visit him (accurately.  This surprises me because he's 7), the ratio of 2 drip to 3 drip cycles on his IV, and at what time the digital clock will look like the letter "Y".  Kind of fun.  He also told me that while he didn't really like being in the hospital, he was happy that he can spend some more time with me.  They took some blood and ran their tests.  The supervising physician requested a throat swab as well.  She mentioned that, while uncommon, sometimes children exhibit abdominal pain instead of a sore throat when they have strep.  Turns out, it was strep.  His blood work came back looking really good.  The whole ordeal took about 4 hours.  Should have only been two, but one of the nurses came in and let us know that since the storm kicked up, there were a lot of kids coming in because of auto accidents and that it would be a while before they could disconnect him.  JJ took this time to look at his nurse and said, "If it means that a doctor can save another kids life, I'll stay her until tomorrow".  I damn near broke down with pride at his compassion.  The nurse almost did too.  We got our prescription and discharge papers around 10:30.  Picked up the meds (because he couldn't go to school until 24 hours after he first takes the antibiotics) and went home to get him to bed.  He's recovering at home today and from the sound of it, going to be back at the top of his game in no time.  For me, however, I'm exhausted.  Every noise last night was my mind telling me he was up and not doing well.  He slept through the night (as did Jitter Bug).  A special coffee for me this morning, and a good nights sleep tonight are in order.  

So there's my weekend.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.  Take the time to tell the people in your lives that you love them.  It will make their day a little brighter.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

broken-pillar.jpg

The world became a lesser place on Wednesday with the loss of a Brother and a fellow Clown.  Bob "Korky" Meyer was one of my mentors as I was learning my clowning craft and a good man.  He and I were the President and Director of our unit for a couple years and I came to admire him a great deal.  He and his wife Lynn hosted many events for the Clowns and hosted my wife and I for dinner on several occasions.  He will be missed a great deal.  Rest now, Brother.  Your labors are at an end.  Lay down your working tools and rest in the Celestial Lodge above.  We will see you again, my Brother.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

As I realize that I have now circled the sun 34 times, I have to give credit where credit is due.

all-moms-give-birth-to-a-child-except-my

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

For those keeping track of me, my new challenge is over here

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Here's a disturbing new trend for me.  I've had two interviews in the past 8 months.  Neither of which, I've been offered the job.  I have not once interviewed and not been offered.  Am I reaching too far or no longer relevant?  Ponderous.  
HomerSimpson-Thinking.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Here's a disturbing new trend for me.  I've had two interviews in the past 8 months.  Neither of which, I've been offered the job.  I have not once interviewed and not been offered.  Am I reaching too far or no longer relevant?  Ponderous.  

I used to be able to say the same but I'm having the same this time around. In my case I know I'm stretching on a few and also I've set certain floor parameters as well and I'm sure that's impacting it. That said, no offer isn't necessarily a curse. It likely wouldn't have been a match and it's good for both parties that no one forced the issue. Keep patient and keep plugging away. It's your part time job to continue to seek the right opportunity.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

You're right.  It just hit me as odd.  Still looking and still not going to settle this time around.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Iv748.gif

I am trying to think of things I can update here.  

-New job

-Son started making his own stained glass pieces

-Coached son's soccer team, the Red Rampage.  
giphy.gif

...not a lot else.  Need to figure out some Groot Goals and how I'm going to achieve them and start posting them here.

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yeah, I took some time off from some things to focus on others.  I haven't had a run all year, but I have had a few successful art shows with my glass.  Things like that.

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Goals!

Kat has been inspiring me to run again.  Thanks to Kat, I'm going to run a 15k in April.  Why?  Because last Thanksgiving I ran a 10k, and I told myself I would only improve.  Some might argue that 17 months should have been plenty of time to increase another 5k.  Truth is, I have run approximately zero this year.  I haven't had any races to train for and have been focusing on my glass work (which is going great), so my running suffered.  Hoping I can do this.  
tumblr_lzcueohf7V1qa0kz5o1_500.gif

I got back to doing regular routines in the last month or so and I'm feeling pretty good.  Last night was day one of a 30 day squat challenge and day one of the 5-minute plank challenge.  Working my way up on both will be excruciating fun.  Once I reach the goals, I'm going to try to maintain those levels every other day.  What have I gotten myself into?

tumblr_muiz87VvO91sg7qh6o1_500.gif

Let me see your RAKs!  Okay, I have wanted to say that for a while.  But, I'm serious.  Random Acts of Kindness are a must.  I will be doing what I can to make this world a little better, but I want to hear from all of you.  Big, small, somewhere in between, I want to hear stories of your random acts of kindness.  

bekindgif.gif

T8I86h.jpg

Couldn't decide between the two, so you get them both.  You're welcome.  

Alright.  At this point, I'd like to say thank you to everyone here at Nerd Fitness.  The Rebellion has been something special to me.  The people I've met and the things I've learned have made me into a better person.  I just hope I can keep this going.  I'm looking long term on this.  

I am Groot.

I-am-Groot-Guardian-Of-The-Galaxy-GIF.gi

9f78bf80-fee7-0131-075b-0eae5eefacd9.gif

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

:) I'm really excited for you for both getting back into running and for how much I bet your glass skills have improved this year! I did the 30 day squat challenge a while ago and it was actually pretty great.  They really space it out nicely with big days and recovery days and lower rep days to make it seem not so drastic.

One of my more recent creations is a sailboat. 12"x12"
905974_1030882686942282_1222358983778262

I did like the layout of the squat challenge.  I am looking forward to getting that squat butt.  ;)

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Showing you my RAK:

Every Friday (almost) I grab breakfast at whole foods... I see a woman who is extremely thin, she looks almost dead... Sunken eyes etc. she's always holding a sign asking for money or food etc. and this is in probably the wealthiest per capita area of the state... And people drive by and ignore her. Well a month or so ago, she changed her sign to one that said "NOT a JUNKIE, just SICK" and it got me thinking, it shouldn't matter if she's a junkie or not... The woman deserves to eat and be treated like her life is worth something.

So every Friday that I get breakfast at whole foods, I get her breakfast too.

The first time she thanked me, I said "have a good day" and instantly thought... Duh... Her day probably sucks... The next time I said "I hope today is better than yesterday." And I thought that sounded cheesey... The next time I asked her "how are you doing?" And she just gave the same response that everyone does when you ask that question, "good thanks, have a great day, thank you so much"

I haven't known what else to say... And I'm honestly too scared to know too much about her... Because it's different to treat her with kindness and dignity, and to know her for who she is and how she got to where she is... I can't fix every problem, and by opening myself up to know and empathize with her, would be opening myself up to wanting to help someone that I most likely can't help... But I rationalize it as I'm helping a little... It isn't all I've got, I'm not giving everything, but giving something is better than giving nothing.

So there you go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Showing you my RAK:

Every Friday (almost) I grab breakfast at whole foods... I see a woman who is extremely thin, she looks almost dead... Sunken eyes etc. she's always holding a sign asking for money or food etc. and this is in probably the wealthiest per capita area of the state... And people drive by and ignore her. Well a month or so ago, she changed her sign to one that said "NOT a JUNKIE, just SICK" and it got me thinking, it shouldn't matter if she's a junkie or not... The woman deserves to eat and be treated like her life is worth something.

So every Friday that I get breakfast at whole foods, I get her breakfast too.

The first time she thanked me, I said "have a good day" and instantly thought... Duh... Her day probably sucks... The next time I said "I hope today is better than yesterday." And I thought that sounded cheesey... The next time I asked her "how are you doing?" And she just gave the same response that everyone does when you ask that question, "good thanks, have a great day, thank you so much"

I haven't known what else to say... And I'm honestly too scared to know too much about her... Because it's different to treat her with kindness and dignity, and to know her for who she is and how she got to where she is... I can't fix every problem, and by opening myself up to know and empathize with her, would be opening myself up to wanting to help someone that I most likely can't help... But I rationalize it as I'm helping a little... It isn't all I've got, I'm not giving everything, but giving something is better than giving nothing.

So there you go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little help is a big thing.  Well done.  

And because it's me; nice RAK!

Art and new job and squat butts! Well I'm excited! :D

As well you should be, Hatter.  

tumblr_m5trbzj8QI1r2bgg3o1_250.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Day 5 of Squats was a rest day.  Three sets of 4.  No problem.  And much needed...  Day 5 of plank is 50 seconds.  Got it done.  Going full minute tonight.  Feeling good about all of this except my shoulder is giving me problems again.  Not as bad as last time, but still a nuisance.  

Art!  Have a show coming up in December.  And it's only a mile from my house.  Hoping for a good show.  Right now, my art schedule is pretty full.  I love it.  Drilling some pieces for JessFit (she's still alive), helping my son make a window for his mom, making a window for my mom for her 60th, cranking out pieces for my show and a commission piece for Christmas.  Let's do this thing!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

clowns.gif

Looks fun, doesn't it.  Welp, I'm the clown on the far right...  my back is killing me.  Not sure what I did to it, but it does not like me today.  I did get my minute plank in and my squat set.  Today is going to be interesting...

Here's a thing Jitters Junior is making for his mom's birthday in a few weeks.  His original design and he's done all the work on it.  The only thing I'll likely do is the framing.  Can't wait till it's finished.  
wtU46zD.jpg?1

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Soooo you are to be found here? No challenge? Guess I'll be following you around here then! And the clown on the right is the cutest because he does something different :D 

Soooo you are to be found here? No challenge? Guess I'll be following you around here then! And the clown on the right is the cutest because he does something different :D

I think for now, I'm going to be here.  I am going to have to really think on my challenges before I jump in again.  But, there is plenty to see here.  

And he has purple hair.  Can't go wrong with purple hair.  

Did my 24, 16, 16 squats last night and my 70 second plank.  I think I am going to start doing my planks first...

Moving right along

tumblr_m94k3sHnBh1qc3nl6o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Nice 70 second plank! Do you do the regular one? There are many fun ones you can do if you ever get bored. And thanks for reminding me I should also work on planks. How is it that there are always more things to work on than I can spend time/energy on? (I mean in theory I have the time, but I also want to do other things like being lazy and watching series :o

• Like 1