Forums are back in action! ×

FROM THE KINGDOM OF LAME!

Tis I!
The King of Lame!

Su'cuy, vode an!

Like the board says, this is an introduction into who the newbie, whom is typing is.
My name is John but I'm known by many as the King of Lame. I came across the website via a coworker who told me about the Batman body weight workout. Being a huge comic book fan I checked it out. While a good portion are out of my league I know after some time I can do it.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Time to get back on topic.
I've been trying to change my fitness level and overall wellness in life and have been stonewalling myself in many ways. So after looking at the stuff on here and being a ginormous fan of RPGs and MMOs I decided to join and begin shaping my future like I have always talked about.

I'm currently around 180-something pounds and six feet tall so I'm not over weight or anything but I do have fat in places I wish to blast away. I feel that with the motivation of others on here and in that of my new approach that I'll make it. So while I have your somewhat divided attention, I wont give up and as long as I don't I'll never give up on you. Let build your future for the great kingdom of Lame!

K'oyacyi, ner vod!

post-24674-0-70530600-1386809618_thumb.j

Cin vhetin. Ca'nara at am, vod!

0.5%
0.5%

Race: Gallifreyan.

Class: Vigilante (Ranger/ Assassin/ Monk)

Current Class: Assassin

Level: 3 Level Per Class: 2/ 1/ 0
STR: 4 DEX: 4
STA: 6 CON: 6
WIS: 4 CHA: 5

Kade,
I have a few games I'm paying right now: Chrono Trigger, Batman Arkham Origins, and Rocksmith ('cause ladies love the guitar).
I've taken a gander at some of the challenges, though finding or making one that fits what I'm wanting to do is a little difficult. It is something I need to work on.

Much appreciated, Destroyer. Congratualtions again on your suit fitting.

Thanks, Rapier. The bodyweight workout isn't too bad but there a many of the things I cannot perform at this time. So I will build up to it for a start.

• Like 1

0.5%
0.5%

I'm quite late to this party....but hi :)

Did you ever get anywhere with challenge ideas? I have tried the typical challenge format, and run the gamut from total domination to abject failure, depending on the goals and what life threw at me during that particular stretch, but what I settled on was fewer, simpler, idiot proof goals setting. I like to confuse myself or overcomplicate the shit out of everything and then use that as my basis for inaction and/or failure. Soooooo...I decided to have two big overall goals for my year, and then each challenge be a component of those goals, to make them a consistent, second nature, dont-think-just-do-it, kind of change....and repeat components as necessary.

So there you have it...."How to successfully go against the system because you are super atypical" by Bekah :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

oh and I got soooooo sidetracked by my unasked for two cents about challenge goals...that I didnt even mention the reason for my visit.

Your name has popped up all over the place and everytime I laugh or smile or think "hey... I need to say hi to this guy"

then today, you sing songs from Mulan....and that was that :) So I am here because Mulan is awesome and you make me laugh :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Well thank you for both the "unasked for two cents" and making you smile. It's something I enjoy doing.

I have thought of some ideas for goals.
I want to improve my overall athletics: like run three to five miles with relative ease. Or be able to perform a handstand from the tucked position.

Really it just comes down to being able to do some of the things Nightwing can do.
I'm looking to cosplay as him once I get my materials and after I tone up.

I tried to make a challenge but I haven't really finished making it yet. I think I'm a bit stumped on what I plan on doing for workouts.

0.5%
0.5%

ok, so by doing a Google search, i came across this blurb:

"Nightwing is an master at many different martial arts and has extensive acrobatics training. He is also versed in using the many gadgets that Batman has created, from Batarangs, grappling hooks, and even driving vehicles. He deploys many different gadgets in the Nightwing persona, such as a taser, different smoke and tear gases, lock picks, and more. He also uses a pair of Eskrima Sticks, used in a Filipino Martial Art."

Soooooo....it looks like anything from Circus School to TaekwonDo will help get you there. Maybe do a mix of GMB (Gold Medal Bodies) or Parkour and some kind of Martial Arts training? Kickboxing and Yoga? Circus School and running? The options are endless.

I personally Love GMB and I WISH there was a Circus School closer...so I would do those two if it were my own plan. But it isnt, so just throwing out more of my unasked for two cents :) Happy New Year!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Whoohoo! Fellow Noob! Hi, I'm Ele.  :highly_amused: It sounds like you got a little bit of work ahead of you, that's great! Work is good ^.^  Nightwing is one awesome dude, loved playing him in Injustice (I don't really read comics  :apologetic:) and is an epic role model! Like Bekah said, you have a great deal of options for your challenge, if you are new to acrobatics, or whatever Nightwings awesome tricks are called, you might want to start with yoga to help with your balance and bendiness, but martial arts is a good start too. it's really up to you. Though, it is important to remember, tis a quest to become like your role model and it will not come quickly. You must first sharpen your sword before you can defeat the orcs of Moria ^.^ Anywho, welcome to NF!

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Str: 0     Dex: 0     Sta: 0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

“Though she may be but little, she is fierce!†
― Helena, Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare

Challenge Page | Soon to be Bucket list page

Howard Shore is my homeboy

Thank you, Bekah and Lady.

In the past I've taken some martial arts lessons. Sadly it was noly for a year so I didn't get too great.
Since I live an hour form Seattle I have looked up places for Parkour, such as Parkour Visions but due to my schedule for work and sleep I would be unable to go except maybe one day a week or so.
While it is better than nothing, I know I would want to do it more often.

I'm currently working on my Eskrima stick skills and some minor acrobatics skills. Such as the frog stand, hand stand, and walking on my hands. As well as some rolls, wall climbs and a rope climb here and there. Ever since I got back from over seas my motivation to get up and move has dwindled. I'm not sure if it is due to being back in the states and having other things to do, or if I've just become comfortable in my laziness. I don't do pre-work out drinks or mixes so it pretty much just comes down to my own force of will.

Though I'm also trying to get my eating habits down to a healthy level. I don't pig out much but I eat more than I think I should. I just seem to be hungry a lot lately and I'm unable to figure out if it's due to bordom or if I'm actually hungry. Any tips you guys might have would be appreciated. I'm gonna look it up myself but my searches don't always give me the right results.

Anyway, it's zero-four twenty-nine so I'm gonna finish this and hope the rest of this shift goes by swiftly.
G'morning, Rebels.

0.5%
0.5%

Coming back from overseas is hard, because here in the states our society is so sedentary it is easy to fall back into old rutines that we nixed while elsewhere. Probably not the same experience you had, but when I came back from my study abroad in Ireland I was so pumped to go walk everywhere like we did over there. But, as you know, trying to walk anywhere far in city sprawls is almost impossible (I live in PHX so the heat is also a factor) It's that kind of city and cultural design that discourages action, but it can be overcome with strength of will ^.^ or if your lucky enough to live in a city like boston where you can walk to subway your way to pretty much anywhere. ANYWHO

On the hunger thing, try drinking water. Sometimes what sees like hunger is actually thirst, I know it is for me. Try drinking 8-16 oz of water and wait a few minutes and if you still feel hungry go ahead and eat.

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Str: 0     Dex: 0     Sta: 0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

“Though she may be but little, she is fierce!†
― Helena, Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare

Challenge Page | Soon to be Bucket list page

Howard Shore is my homeboy