Forums are back in action! ×

The 10:15 Push-up break everyday =???

So about a year ago, when I was half way through my fitness journey, full of so much positive energy it just leaked from every orifice in my body I started a initiative in my office. 

The 10:15 push up break was born, every day, starting with just me I would get up from my desk, go into the middle of our office, and do as many push-ups as I could. At the time, I did it alone, and the most I could do was 6 full Push-ups. Still a larger guy even 6 felt like a triumph

Within a week, I had an office mate join me, she too was on a fitness journey, she could only do 10 knee push-ups, but doing them made her feel great. She progressed through the year, the Push-up break a daily reminder of the commitment to fitness, over the year she is down 40lbs.

By the end of the first month we had 4 people joining in, I was up to 12 full push-ups.

At the end of the 3rd month the whole office was in on the 10:15 push up break! Our executive director said it was the favorite part of his day; and said it was a great idea that it started. By now I was up to 20 Push-ups.

Due to the massive success of the 10:15 push-up break a 2:00 Plank break, and 4:00 stretch break were added to the daily routine in the office. Again everyone joined in, and looked forward to it every day.

Months went by, sometimes people miss the break, but more often the not, the entire office assembles, gets on the ground, and pushes themselves, in more way than one.

Today, almost a year after starting the break, with perfect form, completing with a growl, then a Burpee up to a jumping celebration: I did 50 push-ups in a row.

• Like 4

Currently lost in Fitness.

This is fantastic. I love how your enthusiasm was catching.  The best way to motivate people is to just do your own thing and enjoy it, people will notice

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

W00T, indeed!

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week