Forums are back in action! ×

A new rebel from Spain

Hello, I'm a 38 years old guy from Madrid, Spain.

First of all I have to admit two things: I'm very skeptical about diets in general and, second, my self-esteem is so so low I don't even know if I can follow the diet without giving up in a week (at this moment I'm very encouraged).

I don't know which is my weight now, but it should be between 115 and 120 kg (253-264 lb) and my more optimistic goal is to lose 30 kg (66 lb). I know it's too much weight, but I said "my more optimistic goal" :)

PS: Sorry for my English. Maybe this forum will serve me to improve my English too :)

¯¨'*•~-.¸¸,.-~*' Hic sunt dracones¯¨'*•~-.¸¸,.-~*'

â•”â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¦â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•—

â•‘                     CHARACTER â•‘     STATS â•‘

â• â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¤â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¬â•â•â•â•â•â•¤â•â•â•â•â•â•£

â•‘ Name     │          Bulldozer â•‘ Str │  0  â•‘

â•‘ Class    │         Adventurer â•‘ Dex │  0  â•‘

â•‘ Level    │                  2 â•‘ Sta │  1  â•‘

â•‘ Race     │     Half Troll/Orc â•‘ Con │  0  â•‘

â•‘ Aligment │            Neutral â•‘ Wis │  1  â•‘

â•‘ Region   │  Hispania Citerior â•‘ Cha │  0  â•‘

â•šâ•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•§â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•©â•â•â•â•â•â•§â•â•â•â•â•â•

My Battle Log

My 1st 6 Week Challenge

My 2nd 6 Week Challenge

Welcome to Nerd Fitness. You have come to the right place. There are many "average Joes" that have lost the weight that you want to lose, and most of us had the same skepticism and low self-esteem that you mentioned. Getting started is the first step, so make a plan and stick to it. Don't think of this as yet "another diet", but as a lifetime transformation. I am partial to paleo and strong lifts, but there are many ways to go about getting where you want to go, and there are many people in this community that are willing to help. Best of luck on your journey. If you want it, it will happen for you!

Welcome Bulldozer!

Everyone has to start somewhere, and this is your starting point! Don't worry too much and don't try to change everything at once. Start slow and add to it as you build momentum. And super Destroyer is right: it's not just another diet, it's a lifestyle change. This is not something you do for a few weeks or months and then go back to your old habits. You put those habits in the trash and get some new shiny ones to be proud of!

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

P.S. Tu ingles esta bueno. Tengo no problema por entender. Buena suerte! (that's the extent of my Spanish)

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Bulldozer! Welcome to the Rebellion!

I think Madrid sounds amazing. Spain sounds amazing! You have a clear idea of what you want to do, it helps to come up with a Battle Plan for how you are going to achieve your goal! Please let anyone here know if you need any help, encouragement, or motivation!

Oh, and your English is as good, if not better, than a lot of native English writers I know!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

@Super Destroyer, @SilverRapier: Now, that I have read more about Paleo, I begin to realize the change that this implies. The Mediterranean diet gives too much importance to food based in grain (pasta, bread, sauces and dressings made from flour). Today, when I went to breakfast, I looked at the menu and all were toasts, croissants, baggels and churros. So I guess I'll have to get up early and have breakfast at home :S

@SilverRapier: A pretty good Spanish! :)

@citizenkade: After reading a lot in the forum, I think this is a great place to find motivation, help and many more things. And thanks for your words about my English :)

I'm setting my goals and I going to focus in starting with Paleo (6/7) and with the Beginner Body Weight Workout (3 times a week). I'm awaiting the results of my analysis of gluten intolerance (I have reasonable suspicion that I can be celiac), so it's possible that I have to go without gluten anyway.

Thank you all! See you in the next challenge!

• Like 1

â•”â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¦â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•—

â• â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¤â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•¬â•â•â•â•â•â•¤â•â•â•â•â•â•£

â•šâ•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•§â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•â•©â•â•â•â•â•â•§â•â•â•â•â•â•

My Battle Log

My 1st 6 Week Challenge

My 2nd 6 Week Challenge

Yesterday I tried to do the Beginner Body Weight Circuit for the first time and now I'm broken (but very happy  :positive:). My fitness is even worst than I thought! xD

My Battle Log

My 1st 6 Week Challenge

My 2nd 6 Week Challenge