Forums are back in action! ×

Hobbit girls can be super spies, right?! Right?!

Hello everyone!

So happy to find you all!  I'm a 30 years old and have spent most of my life really fit and athletic...until grad school. In grad school (2 years with the MA and 5 with the PhD...it wasn't overnight) I packed on about 60 pounds! 60!!! I'm only 5'4" so that 60 pounds looked like 100 on me! With the weight gain came depression and with depression came taking away all pleasurable activities in my life.  No more weight lifting sessions after class, no more WoW, no more table top gaming or LARPing with my friends, and no more of anything other than class and sleep.  Luckily I have pulled myself through and am feeling more motivated now (thought I still can lack any behavioral activiation on some weeks) and when I read this website I was hooked! I started keto 4 months ago and lost 20 pounds.  Yes, losing 20 was awesome but keto brought me so much more!  I'm feeling really balanced and do not have the criplling mood swings or poor sleep I had before.  I am no longer feeling like a slave to food.  You know us Hobbitses...we loves to eats! I've taught myself how to cook amazing and healthy keto meals and now that I am keto adapted I am ready to start workin' on mah fitness!

My fitness inspirations are kinda nutty :playful:

Along with video games, table top games, and comic books I’ve always loved reading—especially themes of sci-fi, fantasy, and espionage. In my head (my crazy crazy head) I am part jet-setting lady-spy on a cold-war mission, part high priestess adventuring about, and part Buffy the Vampire slayer.  That’s a lot of badassery, right? Throw in my academic job and you get a little Indiana Jones. My fantasy life needs to bleed into my real life and that is why I wanted to join Nerd-Fitness!  You people…you glorious people GET IT! I’ve been lurking and your stories inspire me. 

• Like 1

Hey, Doc! Welcome to the Rebellion! Sounds like you've got a pretty good start already!

Have you read Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson yet? Cool female lead, great fantasy setting, and lots of espionage!

Sounds like you are having fun with keto; having FUN is the key to all of this, I think! HAVE ALL THE FUN!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

I know exactly how you feel about being fit and then slowly packing on weight (although for me college was the best time to be in shape) and welcome you to the fold!

also...according to Gandalf hobbits make great thieves as they can go unnoticed when they so choose...so they should make marvelous spies  :playful:

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Funny thing, I am a PhD student too! Congrats on losing 20 lb.

You are awesome for dreaming to be a Buffy international spy by the way. It's certainly a lot of badassery.

Yep! I'm still trying to figure out how many I'm supposed to set for myself and am going to write it out this weekend. 

For the 6 week challenge, it usually boils down to 4 goals you want to achieve.  Just make sure they're S.M.A.R.T. (Specifc. Measurable. Attainable. R=?T=?) goals. Don't say "I want to lose 20 pounds."  That's not attainable in 6 weeks, and the scale lies. Usually most people have a 1)Food change. 2)Exercise X times a week routine. 3+4)Meditation/reading/family obligation/school studies etc  setup.  Click the link in my signiture if you want to see an example.  Cheers!

• Like 1

For the 6 week challenge, it usually boils down to 4 goals you want to achieve.  Just make sure they're S.M.A.R.T. (Specifc. Measurable. Attainable. R=?T=?) goals. Don't say "I want to lose 20 pounds."  That's not attainable in 6 weeks, and the scale lies. Usually most people have a 1)Food change. 2)Exercise X times a week routine. 3+4)Meditation/reading/family obligation/school studies etc  setup.  Click the link in my signiture if you want to see an example.  Cheers!

Thanks!  Your example really helpd and I looked at some other newbie goals posted (ie. e-stalked people) and got some great inspiration.  BTW R is relevant and T is time-bound :) I think I might focus on tightening up my macros...been researching good macro splits. Thanks agian, friend!

• Like 1

Welcome to the family! I am a hobbit girl too (5'4") and my goal is to become an Assassin. You can do it! Super spy is a great goal!

• Like 1

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Str: 0     Dex: 0     Sta: 0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

“Though she may be but little, she is fierce!†
― Helena, Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare

Challenge Page | Soon to be Bucket list page

Howard Shore is my homeboy