Forums are back in action! ×

What games is everyone currently playing?

I think I might just be outgrowing MMO's.

It is with a heavy heart that I reluctantly agree with you, Vian.  I've been with WoW since mid-Vanilla and I just cannot be arsed to play anymore.  I've had burnouts and breaks in the past, but I just don't get any joy out of the game anymore.  I still love it to death, but there just isn't anything I want to do now.  As much as I love video games to this day, I just cannot abide the same old combat mechanics and level-based grinding.

My thoughts and feelings exactly. MMOs were the first to suffer from this long time ago, by now it's the same with any game at all, even those that I've found mildly interesting or entertaing. My last hope lies into online/hotseat games with friends. Actual friends, not guildmates. That's why I also mentioned the Witcher Adventure Game.

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I gave up Bioshock Infinite, it just got so fucking boring. I have no idea how close I was to the ending but I watched it on youtube anyway. It was interesting but I am happy I skipped the way to it because it was nowhere near to make up for the boring part, namely everything I had to play myself. The vigors were cool though.

Edit. Bold

Pretty much anything although you'll usually find your class-only items (fist weapons, two-handed Daibos) are almost universally itemized ideally for your Monk.  The obvious exceptions are the other class-only items; Barbarian Mighty Weapons, Demon Hunter Crossbows, for example.  A quick Google shows high-end player preference toward legendary and set One-Handed Swords and Daibos mostly.

I haven't put any time into the Monk.  I'm all Barbarian and Demon Hunter so far, but like anything else it will largely come down to stats and DPS.  Find what you need and run wild from there!

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Steam has a sale on the Witcher franchise, including the boardgame adaptation. Anyone interested in grabbing that and playing against fellow Rebels instead of random strangers on the internet?

Of course!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Currently taking a WoWcation, I am filling in with Diablo 3.

"Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself"

-George Bernard Shaw

My Challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/66045-wardog-quest-for-fitness/

Wardog- Level 0 Werebear Ranger

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON:0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Starting Weight May 27, 2015: 260 lbs.

Current Weight, June 29, 2015: 251 lbs.                 

15%
15%

1st challenge Goal 1- Eat properly, detox from sugar                  

50%
50%

1st challenge Goal 2- Complete 3 bodyweight exercise sessions a week

50%
50%

1st challenge Goal 3- Complete 3 Running/Sprinting sessions a week  

50%
50%

Beat Fallout New Vegas (finally) and started working toward the end of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2. Basically just trying to finish collecting items and do the Kleidos challenges before I go do the last 20 minutes or so of the actual game (Yeah that's where I'm at).

Might start playing Witcher after that, got the first two a while ago and thought they looked super interesting. Kind of which it had controller support though.

Fallen London looks super fun, but I don't know how long this type of game will hold my interest.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

I still play Warcraft 3 and I am somewhat into Nightelfs now, even get some wins with them . Also playing Soul Calibur 2 HD, what can I say beside that it is one of the best fighting games ever and together with Soul Calibur 3 the one that has the most content for singleplayers. But in general I can say that I care less and less for games.

Due to a semi-large gift from a friend, I spent part of this week playing a bunch of new stuff:

Neo Scavenger - turn-based survival game. Pretty fun. High learning curve but once you figure it out/look up a guide it gets super interesting. Even then, it's pretty easy to die. Early release, so they're still making a lot of changes to it.

Banished - Post-apocalyptic civ game. pure real-time strategy, but you're rebuilding civilization, so there's more of a focus on building a community rather than tech advancement.

Merchants of Kaidan - Weird game. You're a merchant trying to avenge your fathers death and dishonor, so you start from nothing building a trading... company? Route? Something like that. It's an economics game, buy in one city sell in another. Kind of engaging.

FarSky - Minecraft underwater. You're a underwater researcher whose sub crashes and you have to build up a base, collect resources and find the parts of your sub to escape.

STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl - Just got into it. Modded the graphics, looks pretty fun as hell so far.

Heroes of the Storm - Was bored trying to figure out some stuff and was added NF people on Battle.Net and decided to check it out. Way more fun than I expected (I've never played a MOBA). Don't know how long it will hold my attention though.

I have also acquired the reboot of Gauntlet, might check that out over the weekend.

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

I think I've been playing way too much. I fell asleep mid-mission in Shadowrun Dragonfall and woke up in the morning after completing a matrix run in my dreams.

Speaking of which, Steam launched a sale on SR Returns and SR Dragonfall, plus a pre-order of SR Hong Kong

And...here...

e1aa7c5afb6bc900c17ad5ba436f5440.jpg

...goes...my money

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Heroes of the Storm - Was bored trying to figure out some stuff and was added NF people on Battle.Net and decided to check it out. Way more fun than I expected (I've never played a MOBA). Don't know how long it will hold my attention though.

Another MOBA newbie here.  I got into the closed beta for HotS and must say, I'm a huge fan.  I just need to log enough hours now to figure out what kind of class I prefer to play and then start crushing some levels on that bad-boy!

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Another MOBA newbie here.  I got into the closed beta for HotS and must say, I'm a huge fan.  I just need to log enough hours now to figure out what kind of class I prefer to play and then start crushing some levels on that bad-boy!

I've been playing a bunch the last two days. Been favoring Melee Assassin (Kerrigan) but want to try out a few different characters as the free rotation changes. Melee Warrior (Muradin) was decent too. Wasn't a fan of support or Ranged Assassin so much.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Don't starve together. It's in beta but will be released in, like, one or two weeks so it's stable. I play with my husband and we laugh all the time.

• Ladygazza  :lemo: 

Race: Lightfoot Halfling | Class: Assassin

[Level: 1 | STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1 ]

​Current quest: Lemons!

Battle log: Le cahier de Mme Pie aka The Ladygazza

Accountabilibuddies: Aspiring Assassin Apprentice Accountabilibuddies

Don't starve together. It's in beta but will be released in, like, one or two weeks so it's stable. I play with my husband and we laugh all the time.

I've played a lot of Don't Starve but haven't tried Don't Starve Together yet.... I should do that.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

I've been playing a bunch the last two days. Been favoring Melee Assassin (Kerrigan) but want to try out a few different characters as the free rotation changes. Melee Warrior (Muradin) was decent too. Wasn't a fan of support or Ranged Assassin so much.

I wish they would do gender-alternate skins.  But I think I'll give Sonya another go.  I love me some barbarians!

• Like 1

Ha my mistake, I gave up Bioshock Infinite. I liked the first two.

A question to you Diablo 3 lovers, what weapons can I use as a monk? Only fists and claws or also staffs, clubs and hammers?

monks can used two handed staves called diabos. They can also use fists, clubs, swords, daggers. Pretty much any one handed weapon that isn't a bow. I believe they can use 2 handed swords/hammers as well? Just no mighty weapons as those are barbarian specialties. Can also have a shield.

Diabo: Lower dps, higher ability damage

Dual wield: Higher dps (dw automatically get a +15% attack speed bonus) The damage averages the two items, so would want their base damage to be relatively the same

Sword & Board: Some damage, some armor: Good for when having sustainability troubles

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Orc Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 4.7  | WIS 1.9 | CHA 0

CurrentChallenge | PreviousChallenge

"There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps." Peter A. Cohen

So I recently purchased South Park The Stick of Truth.

If you're a fan of the game, I definitely recommend it. If you're easily offended, I would not recommend it.

It should definitely NOT be played when small eyes and ears are around. I actually play with my headphones on and give a fair warning to my younger sibling. I also just wait until he goes to bed or plays while he's at school.

All of that aside, I am having A LOT of fun with it! I'm completely on board that a South Park MMO would be magical.

• Like 3

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

I loved The stick of Truth! Princess Kenny is great.

Recently it has been hard for me to get invested in in any game other than World of Warships. World of Warships and two mobile games are all ive been playing recently.

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

The Stick of Truth became one of my favorite RPGs ever, amazingly. It's perfectly South Park in every way but also was clearly designed by a team of gamers that actually love the genre. Very well designed game mechanics. More people need to buy it. I want a sequel.  :moon:  :moon:

I'm currently playing Life is Strange and Telltale's Game of Thrones. I wish Telltale would use the money they have made off The Walking Dead and etc. to employ more than one or two bug testers, because they are the buggiest games I swear. But also amazing.

• Like 1

They said I could be anything, so I became a neurotic, anxious, socially awkward, despondent nutbag.  :watermelon: