Forums are back in action! ×

What games is everyone currently playing?

Seems like all I play these days is Combat Arms.  I don't even feel like I have enough time to do enough of that.

Man I haven't played that game for about 3-4 years now.

Might need a quick nostalgia trip when I'm sick of CS:GO

Level 2 Warrior
(STR) 4  (DEX) 4  (STA) 3  (CON) 2  (WIS) 4  (CHA) 3

First Challenge is here
Second is here

anybody here play DayZ? i just got it and don't know what the hell i'm doing, it seems more fun to play as a group. so far i've just wandered around, picked up pick axes and legged it from zombies. i've yet to meet another player in the game.

Level 2 Wood Elf, Adventuring for Ranger status

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 1.75 | CON 1.75 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

71.6%
71.6%

> 65kg

0%
0%

100 days crisp free

First Witcher game finished. For casual gaming, I resort to Guacamelee! which I'm close to finishing as well, the alternative is shooting zombies on L4D 2.

For the serious stuff... I started Fallout 3, but it keeps crashing a few minutes into the game. I still have Mass Effect to get back to where I was before I lost the saves. Witcher 2 is installed but for later. And I've left Silent Storm half-finished, but for squad tactics I got Xenonauts on hold until the Challenge is finished.

Lvl 65 Multitasker

anybody here play DayZ? i just got it and don't know what the hell i'm doing, it seems more fun to play as a group. so far i've just wandered around, picked up pick axes and legged it from zombies. i've yet to meet another player in the game.

DayZ seems interesting. Pretty much open-world PvP right? EVE with zombies instead of spaceships! Now, if only I could find time to play EVE, let alone start a new MMO.... :onthego:

Insert witty & pithy saying here.

DayZ seems interesting. Pretty much open-world PvP right? EVE with zombies instead of spaceships! Now, if only I could find time to play EVE, let alone start a new MMO.... :onthego:

pretty much, although there are servers that are more friendly. i love spaceships, i don't know why i've never given EVE a try but i need to.

Level 2 Wood Elf, Adventuring for Ranger status

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 1.75 | CON 1.75 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

71.6%
71.6%

> 65kg

0%
0%

100 days crisp free

pretty much, although there are servers that are more friendly. i love spaceships, i don't know why i've never given EVE a try but i need to.

EVE is hard, I won't lie. It takes a lot of getting used to, and some of the mechanics require quite a bit of suspension of disbelief to wrap one's head around (most if it having to do with physics). Unlike virtually all other games I've played, the point isn't about how the player interacts with the game -- it's about how the players interact with each other via the game.

Note: that means that all of the things that would ordinarily be verboten if not outright bannable in your typical PvE MMO, such as scamming, market manipulation, theft, open-world PvP, etc are, with certain exceptions perfectly allowable (examples of exceptions being: you may not impersonate another character, even one you own; there are plenty of areas of the game where attacking another player without "legal" cause -- i.e. they stole from someone and got "suspect" status, or "war were declared" causes you get to jacked up by the NPC Po-Pos).

EVE has been called a "internet spaceship sociopath simulator" -- it's definitely a dystopian sort of universe, but we're not all bad guys.

Insert witty & pithy saying here.

Wolfenstein: The New Order for PS4.

My "honest review in a nutshell" : 

It's pretty good. The story is decent but it's a bit of a "leave your brain at the door" kind of experience. It looks great, has a cool soundtrack and is very violent, one of the most intense and disturbing shooters I've played in recent years. I like how some old school game play mechanics have returned, e.g. health that can only be healed by medical packs (no health regeneration), picking up armour, the ability to lean around corners and objects etc. Dual wielding weapons loses its appeal in about five minutes, there needs to be more variety of weapons, the game is quite challenging and there's a fair bit to unlock, however because it's a single player game, replay value may depend on how much you enjoyed the game. I can only play this game in short spurts, maybe about an hour or so before it feels repetitive, so it's a game I can't binge on. Still, I really enjoy it.

4/5. 

• Like 1

Been playing a lot of Sims 3 lately, but I need to get back to Dragon Age and prep up my games for Dragon Age: Inquisition. Because is it October yet?

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

That look´s almost as intricate as Dwarf Fortress.

My current game is League of Legends.

It can get ridiculous in Huge Dense games (1640 planets, up to 16 players).  Love it.  Also it's free! :D 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Destiny Beta starts in 1 hour 46 mins!!!  not that I'm counting or anything.

Anyone on PSN that will be on and wants to team up let me know!

and side note: Stars is a crazy fun game especially in the huge crazy number of players games!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Mainly CS:GO and Company of Heroes 2 with some Minecraft and Kerbal space program thrown in. I also have WAY to many games in my Steam Library which i have yet to beat and more than i want to admit havent even started yet...

I am also a follower of Star Citizen which will require a new machine for me to even think about running when it comes out....

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

8 years clean and last night I fell off the wagon.

Warcraft, that is.

A coworker convinced me to check out how much has changed since 2006. Suffice to say, a lot. Don't know if I'll keep up with it, but a free lvl 90 character is included with the new expansion pre-order, so that might keep me around for a little bit.

I recently fell off the wagon and pre-ordered the xpac too.  Quite a lot has changed, as you say.  I'm not even remotely as hardcore as I used to be, but if you start playing, my Battle.net ID is oramac#1305.  I usually tank or dps.  Feel free to say hi.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™