Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

I'm doing this currently, as I'm trying to farm resources at low levels. Keeping the exposed TH lets me stay at a lower league so I'm not up against some guys that'll destroy me. 

That's true at any level.  Although I'm finding if I have over a million of any resource, even with the exposed TH, my base gets fully ransacked.  Nature of the game I suppose.  :) 

Yep same here, I tried to leave the TH out in the open only to have my town decimated, so I put it behind a fence to make it a little bit tougher for them to destroy and just take what I can when I attack

Wow 6 days for TH7, better start saving for it now. With the way I'm doing things I might be at a maxed out TH lvl 8 by the end of Summer.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I've actually run across a few bases where the TH seems to be out in the open but it's surrounded by Teslas and Bombs.  I really hate that as I drop my 4 archers thinking I'm getting an easy star, but them I'm forced to waste a lot of my army just taking out the TH. 

Think I'm going to deploy a base similar to that soon. 

I've actually run across a few bases where the TH seems to be out in the open but it's surrounded by Teslas and Bombs.  I really hate that as I drop my 4 archers thinking I'm getting an easy star, but them I'm forced to waste a lot of my army just taking out the TH. 

Think I'm going to deploy a base similar to that soon.

Those are the worst when trophy grinding. I always try to locate the obvious tesla locations first.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I might have to try that town hall trap!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

So, this morning I 3 starred my recommended target (which was their #9 I think).  So, I decided to try and punch above my level.  I knew I could at least 1-star their #3 person, so I gave it a try.

Yep, 1 star.  4 out of 6 for the war, I'll take it.  I'll also take the huge win bonus from getting a star on their #3. :P

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

So, this morning I 3 starred my recommended target (which was their #9 I think).  So, I decided to try and punch above my level.  I knew I could at least 1-star their #3 person, so I gave it a try.

Yep, 1 star.  4 out of 6 for the war, I'll take it.  I'll also take the huge win bonus from getting a star on their #3. :tongue:

Yeah... i'm sitting here hoping we're far enough ahead so that I can take a shot at #1 and # 3, if I can 1 star them I'll have enough DE for my BK upgrade...

Watching your replay, I think I can get 50% on 3....

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Yep, 1 star.  4 out of 6 for the war, I'll take it.  I'll also take the huge win bonus from getting a star on their #3. :tongue:

Remember, the goal is 2 stars at a minimum. Save the 1 starring for the very end to make sure we have a huge lead and don't need that attack.

Yeah... i'm sitting here hoping we're far enough ahead so that I can take a shot at #1 and # 3, if I can 1 star them I'll have enough DE for my BK upgrade...

Watching your replay, I think I can get 50% on 3....

I was intending to 3 star #3, but he's already got 1, so I'll probably take out #4.

I would personally prefer in the future that people wait until the last 5-6 hours or so to make sure we have a huge lead before pot shotting the higher people on the other team for loot. I think we're starting to do it a bit early. There are tons of mid level bases that haven't even been touched yet. Remember, if we don't win the war, we don't get that loot.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Remember, the goal is 2 stars at a minimum. Save the 1 starring for the very end to make sure we have a huge lead and don't need that attack.

I was intending to 3 star #3, but he's already got 1, so I'll probably take out #4.

I would personally prefer in the future that people wait until the last 5-6 hours or so to make sure we have a huge lead before pot shotting the higher people on the other team for loot. I think we're starting to do it a bit early. There are tons of mid level bases that haven't even been touched yet. Remember, if we don't win the war, we don't get that loot.

That's what I'm doing... I usually wait till after lunch to make my attacks, I haven't done either one yet. If it's close then I go for the 3 stars, but I'm usually attacking down around 30 or even 40 in that situation.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I hate having to spend days sitting at upper bronze/lower silver hiding.  I'm 3 days from a freed up builder and a couple million gold sitting there.  That's a lot of incoming attacks I'd be getting if I wasn't slumming.

level 4 Gnoll warrior

I'm about to be in the same spot, Raev. I'm trying to max out everything before I move to the next TH, but I'm almost out of stuff to spend elixer on, and have a ton of walls left to build up. Going to have to drop a bunch of trophies to keep myself safe

They told me I could be anything when I grow up, so I became a superhero.

Handbook for Applied Superheroics:

Ch 1 | Ch 2 | Ch 3 | Ch 4

3 days until my TH levels up and I can begin the process all over again; I tried upgrading all of my fences before my TH but when I realized that it would take almost a month of farming and raiding before I would be able to convert all my fences to max level I said screw it and upgraded the TH

Looks like it'll take a little longer with TH 7 but at least I'll have Dragons and a Barbarian King

War question, The base we have been using for war is saved right, so I should be able to rearrange my everyday base to protect elixir without having to re-do the entire war base on Tuesday right?

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

3 days until my TH levels up and I can begin the process all over again; I tried upgrading all of my fences before my TH but when I realized that it would take almost a month of farming and raiding before I would be able to convert all my fences to max level I said screw it and upgraded the TH

Looks like it'll take a little longer with TH 7 but at least I'll have Dragons and a Barbarian King

War question, The base we have been using for war is saved right, so I should be able to rearrange my everyday base to protect elixir without having to re-do the entire war base on Tuesday right?

Yep, they're completely separate now, they started off being one base though.

My first challenge

Yeah, once you set the war base up, it'll save as it's own layout.

I'm making the push for masters league. I stalled hard the last few days at around 2000. Hoping to make it to 2100 today. I'm going with the strategy of keeping resources low so I'm not worth attacking. I keep gold low by keping a builder free and upgrading a wall every time I hit 550k. Keeping elixer in the 500-700 range by making sure I attack bases that give enough elixer and just go with more expensive armies if it gets higher. I was running into problems with it getting low, but it's getting easier to avoid that the higher I get in leagues. I get 21k elixer bonus for wins right now. Keeping DE down to 5000 and below as well by just doing mass pig attacks if it gets high and including 4 pigs in my base army.

One thing I am noticing is there are a lot more targets with 1200+ DE. Once I get up to 2400 or so, I might use the 50-60 extra gems I have to speed up pig building and spells and mass pig attack bases that will pay back all that DE. Just go for 3 hours straight or so of raiding to push the 2600.

500 / 330 / 625

Can I tell you how much it stinks when you know you will be needing DE and you run into a base that has a ton of it and you can't collect it yet

At least you don't have a choice in whether you collect it or not.

I'll run into a base with 1100 DE, and have my farming army with me. Knowing full well that my normal army would be able to get to it easy...

My first challenge

I'm finding that just having 3 L4 bolts is a plenty good way to collect DE at least up at the trophy count I'm at (1800-1900).  So many bases with 500+.... everyone once in awhile you find some with 4k+... bolt the be-jesus out of it and you net around 1k.  Granted I'm getting revenge hit big time, but they are TH10 so they only get around 100 of it back. 

1k every hour and 30 minutes ain't too bad in my book. 

At least you don't have a choice in whether you collect it or not.

I'll run into a base with 1100 DE, and have my farming army with me. Knowing full well that my normal army would be able to get to it easy...

I hate that! I wish I could pause the battle and go get some better troops...

• Like 1

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

I must really learn to request my war troops before I go to bed on preparation day, by the time I wake up and wana do my first battle my cc is empty and everyone is in lala land lol. Stupid time zones

It's even worse then when you request those troops and then get attacked and they die defending.  Lost a couple set of L2 or L3 piggies that way.  Sad day for me.

I pulled a 3 star on my first attack against my recommended. I'm going to now go after the highest position that I can guarantee a 2 star minimum on.

Why not get another 3-star? Loot is fun and all, but winning the war gets you way more loot. This one is going to be close.

Why not get another 3-star? Loot is fun and all, but winning the war gets you way more loot. This one is going to be close.

My thought process was, take down a bigger target so that others who are smaller can take down the smaller targets instead of having to try and punch way above their weight class.

level 4 Gnoll warrior

Hey kids,

Are you accepting new members? I see that you're at 50/50 but wondering if you have any "dead weight atm".

I'm in need of a change, check me out at "Agamemnon" clan (blue and white lightening flag), user name in petefeet74.

40 year old male from Canada, been playing since Feb 2013

Looking to take a back seat from co-leader status, and sit in the background for a bit.

Thanks

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)