Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Oh god, that's me. My clash of clans workbook has like 7 spreadsheets.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

if i'm not already addicted to this game....

• Like 1

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

On the sneak peaks:

1-I hate that elixer will be able to be used for gold. It's another way for people to sink their loot and keep storages down, which will make finding raiding targets harder. It's already a pain to find people worth raiding now at TH9 at a cost of 750g per search.

2a- They're realy pushing those valks lately..

3- Wonder what will be in DB 6...

3a- More heroes! Hate the regen times of 90+ minutes.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I cant see any of this stuff you are finding. Links that dont require me to sign up for the forum would be appreciated!

Oh god, that's me. My clash of clans workbook has like 7 spreadsheets.

God I really have to up my nerdiness... I haven't done a spread sheet since college. Now all I see on here is spreadsheets...

My lack of spreadsheet wizardy has brought shame on my nerd family...

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

On top of the new dark barracks... Looks like a cat to me.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/379980-Sneak-Peeks!!!-D

That link didn't work for me.  Try this one.

Supposedly DB6 is going to be available at TH9.  That's pretty cool, granted as an avid Barcher, I would rather have L7 Barbs and Archers at TH9.  :tongue:

Here's how I feel about them:

1 - Like Gains said, it means there is going to way less resource available in raiding, and walls are going to be super upgraded so bases get a lot tougher.

1a - That'll be neat.  It'll help learn how people attack, etc.  Nothing major though.

2 - Get's me excited, but it'll be a long time before I get them. 

2a - Ehh... again, as a TH8 with hardly L1 Valks an no plans to upgrade them anytime soon, whatever.  Probably means I'll get hammered by more Valks soon though...

3 - Cool that a new troop will be available.  Always neat to see how strategy is with the new troops and I might be at TH9 fairly soon so I might even get to use it.

3a - That's super cool.  Never understood the point of the super long regen times on Heroes.  It'll be nice to have my L10 BK available more often. 

EDIT:  Cn3twon, here's the post that was put into the SuperCell forum:

Hey Chief! Get ready for the next update!!!

#1 Sneak Peek

Soon you can upgrade a row of wall pieces in one go! Walls level 6+ can also be upgraded with Elixir instead of Gold - your choice!!

#1a Forum exclusive Sneak Peek

Replays and live replays now show the attacker's available troops so you can see exactly what does and doesn't get deployed, and when.

hhZxB9L.png

#2 Sneak Peek

Take BARCHing to a whole a new level! Level 7 Barbarians and Archers coming soon to a barracks near you!

#2a Forum exclusive Sneak Peek

Valkyrie training time will be significantly reduced!

Wfl7bLf.png

#3 Sneak Peek

Oh look, it's Dark Barracks level 6! :D :D :D

#3a Forum exclusive Sneak Peek

Hero regeneration time has been greatly reduced on all levels

9hQUiB4.jpg

• Like 2

Gains,

I'm not overly worried about people dumping resources into walls.  You can only raise walls so much before you cap them and you have to save millions upon millions for every upgrade.  There will be plenty of people to farm from I suspect.

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Gains,

I'm not overly worried about people dumping resources into walls.  You can only raise walls so much before you cap them and you have to save millions upon millions for every upgrade.  There will be plenty of people to farm from I suspect.

My strategy is always to farm up for my next upgrade, then when builder frees up, dump all excess gold into walls except what I need for the upgrade and restart. From now on, I'll be dumping down to 200k-300k elixer as well.

We sure DB6 is going to be at TH9? Its picture looks to go with the TH10 theme.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

My strategy is always to farm up for my next upgrade, then when builder frees up, dump all excess gold into walls except what I need for the upgrade and restart. From now on, I'll be dumping down to 200k-300k elixer as well.

We sure DB6 is going to be at TH9? Its picture looks to go with the TH10 theme.

That's what a lot of the SuperCell crowd is confused about.  Not sure where the TH9 thing came from, but the Lava theme would indicate TH10 to me, as well as the fact that you get DB5 / Witches at TH9 already.

• Like 1

Also someone said something about new heroes? where did that comefrom?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I would personally like to see "farming" become a thing of the past. Where the loot bonuses for actually playing the game are worth it. Where actually being good at the game means that you make enough resources to support yourself.

But thats a dream that will never come to be... 

Also someone said something about new heroes? where did that comefrom?

I would personally like to see "farming" become a thing of the past. Where the loot bonuses for actually playing the game are worth it. Where actually being good at the game means that you make enough resources to support yourself.

But thats a dream that will never come to be... 

Haven't heard anything about new heroes.  Just the greatly reduced regen time.

As for the farming thing, the only real way to do to what your saying would be to either start giving loot bonuses for successful defenses, and/or greatly upping loot bonuses for attacks / more then 1 star.  Right now, I have no incentive to build huge armies of big baddies to try and take out a TH, when I can get 50% with my Barch army, get the same loot bonus, and take out all the collectors on the outside of the base for a nice chunk of resource.  And have it take 1/4 of the time and cost it takes to build a big army.

• Like 2

Haven't heard anything about new heroes.  Just the greatly reduced regen time.

As for the farming thing, the only real way to do to what your saying would be to either start giving loot bonuses for successful defenses, and/or greatly upping loot bonuses for attacks / more then 1 star.  Right now, I have no incentive to build huge armies of big baddies to try and take out a TH, when I can get 50% with my Barch army, get the same loot bonus, and take out all the collectors on the outside of the base for a nice chunk of resource.  And have it take 1/4 of the time and cost it takes to build a big army.

Exactly, thats why its just a dream. They don't want you to keep making resources at a consistent rate like you did at the beginning. When you first start out you never really have to save res. Your almostconstantly upgrading. You get used to that feeling. Then they jump you up to rediculous costs, and you just try your best to get the resources together. Then someone raids you and drops you down 200k res and you have to try to build that back up. All the while saying "Hey if you buy these gems you can get them right away". So then you gem and get really high level, then you find out that its not any better, that theres no point in waiting forever to build that super bad ass army when you are just going to lose the resources you gained from the attack in the time it takes for you to rebuild that army...

• Like 1

Yeah.  There definitely is an offensive bias in the game.  It doesn't really give any reward to having a great defense.  Trohpies?  Woopie... who really cares about those anyway since they don't really get you anything except for gems if you can make it into the upper tiers and that's a 1 time gift.  In fact, it's almost a hindrance because if you have a good defense, you might not even get a shield from the first or second attack and you'll lose even more resources. 

And it's even worse when you factor in that their is always someone with a bigger badder army then you.  Any decent L6 Giant raid can level my almost fully upgraded TH8 base. 

• Like 1

Yeah.  There definitely is an offensive bias in the game.  It doesn't really give any reward to having a great defense.  Trohpies?  Woopie... who really cares about those anyway since they don't really get you anything except for gems if you can make it into the upper tiers and that's a 1 time gift.  In fact, it's almost a hindrance because if you have a good defense, you might not even get a shield from the first or second attack and you'll lose even more resources. 

And it's even worse when you factor in that their is always someone with a bigger badder army then you.  Any decent L6 Giant raid can level my almost fully upgraded TH8 base. 

It's true. If you're not fully maxed and willing to spend tons on gems, there's no point in trying to have an awesome base defense because there's no reward for it. it's nothing but a detriment as you don't get as many shields and end up getting raided for more resources. Because of this, unless you're trying to be top tier, you leave your TH outside the walls and instead of being a game based on trying to break into someone's base to destroy their TH, it becomes 1 of 2 things, both of which is basically a farming game to build up your base. 1, you can become a barcher, making super cheap armies to raid people who aren't collecting their mines to make a profit. 2, you can make big ass armies and look for targets with full banks and try to break into them.

I like 2 because it's more fun and replicates what the game should be, breaking into the base defenses to hit a given target. I've tried barching, and while super effective, I don't find it fun.

I think this is why they installed wars, to give the casual players an objective to play for that doesn't require gemming. You are matched up with other players of equalish strength where gemming doesn't matter (that just helps development rate, in which case you'd fight harder teams sooner). All of my upgrade and research decisions are now based around the wars, so it worked for me. It gave me something to play for. It gave me an endgame that was possible to play for without spending tons of money.

They could also fix this farming problem a bit more by giving defenders a shield if they stop their TH from being destroyed on an attack.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

I think this is why they installed wars, to give the casual players an objective to play for that doesn't require gemming. You are matched up with other players of equalish strength where gemming doesn't matter (that just helps development rate, in which case you'd fight harder teams sooner). All of my upgrade and research decisions are now based around the wars, so it worked for me. It gave me something to play for. It gave me an endgame that was possible to play for without spending tons of money.

Totally agree with this.  Wars have been super fun because like you said, it gives the casual gamer something to do other then mindless farm while constantly getting decimated by more powerful people.  I still prioritize upgrading my farming army first, but only to get resource faster so I can then upgrade my war armies.

• Like 1

I love wars. Its honestly the only reason I still play clash.

I cant see any of this stuff you are finding. Links that dont require me to sign up for the forum would be appreciated!

I just "liked" Clash of Clans on facebook, and I get all the updates that way. quite handy if you are on FB.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)