Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

So tell me, guys, what war army would you fix up with my troops? I have 220 troop space, plus 25 in the cc, and 4 spells

196d816caae685912eef280e5a5f93ea.jpg

It would depend on the base you attack. Which one are you looking at?

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

So tell me, guys, what war army would you fix up with my troops? I have 220 troop space, plus 25 in the cc, and 4 spells

196d816caae685912eef280e5a5f93ea.jpg

Like Insanity said, it depends on what camp you're looking at attacking... saying that, I do have some suggestions.

Looking at your troops, you look strongest (to me) in traditional troops rather than DE troops, so I would play to those strengths.

Use a bunch of giants as meat shields, have them attack the nearest air defense, drop a healer, bring in more giants with a scattering of wb's to clear walls ahead of you and clear up with archers.

For spells, I would use mostly rage to let the giants crash as deeply into the enemy base as possible and maybe 1 heal for when your healer bites it.

1 healer                                             =                 14 spaces

10 wb's                                              =                 20 spaces (dropping 2 at time)

16 giants (maybe even 20)               =                  80 spaces

106 archers                                       =                106 spaces

I think the math's right for 220.

Just a thought.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

It would depend on the base you attack. Which one are you looking at?

Well, since my base is ranked #7 on the war page, I'm not supposed to be attacking until tomorrow.  The thing is, while I totally understand and agree with having the higher ranked players wait until the end to attack... it pretty much screws me... anyway, I figured I may as well get a few practice runs in today. I wish we could see what everyone's rec target is at the start of war; I think it would clarify how we should work our strategy.

Like Insanity said, it depends on what camp you're looking at attacking... saying that, I do have some suggestions.

Looking at your troops, you look strongest (to me) in traditional troops rather than DE troops, so I would play to those strengths.

Use a bunch of giants as meat shields, have them attack the nearest air defense, drop a healer, bring in more giants with a scattering of wb's to clear walls ahead of you and clear up with archers.

For spells, I would use mostly rage to let the giants crash as deeply into the enemy base as possible and maybe 1 heal for when your healer bites it.

1 healer                                             =                 14 spaces

10 wb's                                              =                 20 spaces (dropping 2 at time)

16 giants (maybe even 20)               =                  80 spaces

106 archers                                       =                106 spaces

I think the math's right for 220.

Just a thought.

Well, darn it, I was hoping there was some magical amazing thing I was missing!  My go-to build for war is 4-6 valks, 14-16 giants, 12 wizards, 6-8 wallbreakers and the rest archers. Pekka in the castle, 2 rage and 2 heal.

I might play with the giant horde idea, though!

Anyhow, I'm switching to focusing on elixir and de upgrades for awhile, so I should be a more balanced warmonger in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Well, since my base is ranked #7 on the war page, I'm not supposed to be attacking until tomorrow.  The thing is, while I totally understand and agree with having the higher ranked players wait until the end to attack... it pretty much screws me... anyway, I figured I may as well get a few practice runs in today.

If you can't do later for some reason, it's fine to attack earlier. The preference is to wait to give lower guys a shot and clean up what they don't get, but only if you can.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

OH ALSO!

I doubt I'm up to managing a big fancy spreadsheet like what Rooks had, but I sure don't mind a little secretarial work.  I could maybe write down who attacks and what stars they get, and take a picture of my notebook page, and put it in a Picasa album we all can look at?  That would be easiest for me, but I think I have Google Sheets on my tablet... dunno how to share with everyone, but I'm willing to learn.

• Like 2

filiz is a friend of mine

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Lol I'm totally downloading this right now. I fully anticipate being a liability to the cause but I too see this commercial all the time and I can't pass up a chance to drag everyone down with my noobery.

• Like 3

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

Lol I'm totally downloading this right now. I fully anticipate being a liability to the cause but I too see this commercial all the time and I can't pass up a chance to drag everyone down with my noobery.

Bring it on... :-D

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

You cant drag me down if I"m already there :)

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Oh wtf... I quit and J comes rolling in.  I get to miss out on noobery?  /sadpanda

OH ALSO!

I doubt I'm up to managing a big fancy spreadsheet like what Rooks had, but I sure don't mind a little secretarial work. I could maybe write down who attacks and what stars they get, and take a picture of my notebook page, and put it in a Picasa album we all can look at? That would be easiest for me, but I think I have Google Sheets on my tablet... dunno how to share with everyone, but I'm willing to learn.

I can give you access to my spreadsheet if that's easier.  It's pretty easy to manage and better that it not go to waste.  Just PM me an e-mail and I can you access to it if you wish.  No hurt feelings if you don't want it though. 

You won't be a drag... it's lots of fun to give high level troops to lower level players and watch the carnage roll!

I can give you access to my spreadsheet if that's easier.  It's pretty easy to manage and better that it not go to waste.  Just PM me an e-mail and I can you access to it if you wish.  No hurt feelings if you don't want it though. 

The main thing I see is that I want to log the rank of who everyone attacks, as a matter of interest.  But if adding the extra columns won't mess up your formulas and you can explain how to enter it all, I'm game.

But here's my first draft: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-uOGeOpCWAp_sYHpkQ_8haLg7Wo6Gu-mOhrCwXzZjf4/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Any of you guys play the companies other game Boom Beach?

I"m, thinking about it, but I don't need another addiction in my life.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

I"m, thinking about it, but I don't need another addiction in my life.

The plus side to Boom Beach is that you don't have to raid near as much. You can only upgrade one tower at a time (no walls), and you can get enough material in a couple raids for it. And the gems are a lot more forgiving...

My first challenge

I play boom beach. I upgrade everything fully before progressing the TH, I am currently  upping to 13. I play it very rarely, i kind of play it more like farmville than anything.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

The plus side to Boom Beach is that you don't have to raid near as much. You can only upgrade one tower at a time (no walls), and you can get enough material in a couple raids for it. And the gems are a lot more forgiving...

You sir!! are not helping!

Wheymen