Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there,

I genuinely suck in introducing myself, fitting in and being social in general, but want to give it a try here!

I'm an ex-sports hater, ex-eating disorder sufferer, healthy cooking lover, book junkie, art enthusiast and a part time student (and not a native English speaker, sorry!). 

I joined the community actually the same day I found out about it (and fell in love with it) and more I browse through the forum, more I love it. 

Month ago I joined the local gym and I'm still struggling with a kind of anxiety to even go on machines (but I do) and I was hoping that here I would find some support to find my lady-balls to progress to weights one day.

I really want to find out what I want to do with my body and already found an inspiration or two (or actually a bunch of them) but my exact plan is still in progress.

In general I just want to lead a healthy, sporty, happy lifestyle, which used to be quite difficult for me.

Oh and I openly admit I'm TOTALLY new and dumb when it comes to serious exercise and nutrition, so my apologies for really dumb questions here and there.

To those who have read this - thanks for your time! :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion, FitnessRookie!

No worries, we all started at the beginning! Machines are not the best option; you might want to consider going straight to the free weights. Just start low and work your way up. If you need ideas for workout routines, you can check the training forums, and the nutrition forum for advice on diet.

Take your time to figure out your goals and how to reach them. Once you do that, take it slow and steady and you will achieve the results you want!

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome!  I have anxiety with gyms too, but if you keep at it and take it day by day, it WILL get easier!  :)

Level 3 Wild Elf. Druid at heart, with an Adventurer's soul.

STR4 | DEX2 | STA4 | CON7 | WIS7 | CHA5

Challenges: 1st2nd, 3rd | Current: --

*After a long hiatus, I am back and ready to work on myself!

LOSE 70LBS

Spoiler

"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans."

Desiderata, Max Ehrmann

Howdy! I'll second what SilverRapier said.  Free weights are the way to go. I promise there's nothing to be afraid of, they usually don't bite.  If you're not sure about form, just check out some videos on Youtube (Barbell Shrugged has some good stuff on there).  Then you just start light and work your way up!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

For someone who sucks at introductions, that is one of the better ones I've seen. Just sayin'. :)

Thank you for taking time to introduce yourself! I'm glad to know I'm not the only noob when it comes to this stuff. You won't be alone in asking seemingly silly questions. :P As for working out in the gym, I admire you. Just the thought of doing that now makes me uneasy. Thankfully, one of my roomies has a weight set. Got to start somewhere, right?

Good luck in figuring out your goals and working towards them! Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!

A couple things to know about me; I'm a dork and I like people. :joyous:

"Lord of the Rings or Star Wars?" There's room enough in this town for the two of them.