Forums are back in action! ×

Things that drive you absolutely bananas.

I am angered by celebrities who think that their celebrity status makes them experts to political/social/economic issues.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Well in all fairness, there are a select few who I respect.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Well in all fairness, there are a select few who I respect.

Someone wise enough ot know fame doesn't make you all knowing, congrats on being smarter than some people I know. Now if we could convince the media of this fact all will be right with the world. In fact make sure they know that celbrities also do not always lead a more exciting life than us common folk. I do not need to hear about every move someone makes.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Wow, eight pages on this topic and nobody's mentioned this yet?

I'll just leave this here...

"I've got a little list, they never will be missed..."

Seems very fitting for this thread. Can't say I ever heard it before this though.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Also, when are people going to stop pretending animals are gigantic when they're really just being held much closer to the camera than the person holding?

http://i.imgur.com/XgpXsfO.jpg

This is only one example, but we all know what I'm talking about...

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I can't see videos at work.

Yes! And I especially love how our IT department says we can't watch videos or go to YouTube, yet whenever marketing runs a new ad campaign they always tell us to take a few minutes to go to YouTube and watch it.

Speaking of work... I'll just leave this here (because it's something that drives me nuts first thing Monday morning).

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:strawberry: GolfCart34 :strawberry:

Twitter | FaceBook | Instagram

*I'm not the type of person who is scared of something.  If something is going to happen it's meant to be. - Kimi Raikkonen*

*We have to remember these days.  We have to enjoy them while they last.  You should never lose the passion and the joy and always remember the days when you were just dreaming of these things happening.  For all of us it is important just to enjoy the moment and realize there is more time later on in our lives to realize what it meant. - Sebastian Vettel*

Also, when are people going to stop pretending animals are gigantic when they're really just being held much closer to the camera than the person holding?

http://i.imgur.com/XgpXsfO.jpg

This is only one example, but we all know what I'm talking about...

That's a huge crab!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

People who feel the need to point out my braces. Especially in a back-handed compliment. Some people tell me they're cute, but even that feels very infantilizing.

Example: I was walking out of the bar on Saturday with my friend, and the rather inebriated young lady in front of me turns around, gives me a bleary-eyed moment of consideration, then slurs, "You're very pretty. [beat] Even with your sparkly smile."

Oh. How fortunate for me that drunk girls can still think I'm pretty, even though I bear the cross of orthodontia. Thank heavens I'm still pretty IN SPITE OF my braces. Grumble grumble.

• Like 1

Spammy tweets like this one on Twitter. Most of these are for those fad diet pills that don't really work. Last I checked there was no magic pill like this and that a healthy diet and regular exercise typically had the best results.

Posted Image

*I'm not the type of person who is scared of something.  If something is going to happen it's meant to be. - Kimi Raikkonen*

*We have to remember these days.  We have to enjoy them while they last.  You should never lose the passion and the joy and always remember the days when you were just dreaming of these things happening.  For all of us it is important just to enjoy the moment and realize there is more time later on in our lives to realize what it meant. - Sebastian Vettel*

Spammy tweets like this one on Twitter. Most of these are for those fad diet pills that don't really work. Last I checked there was no magic pill like this and that a healthy diet and regular exercise typically had the best results.

For sure!! and on TV... and Facebook... and everywhere else!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

For sure!! and on TV... and Facebook... and everywhere else!

I work for a financial institution so we see the back end of the spammy ads when people file disputes. I especially love the ones where people sign up for a "free trial" then dispute when their card gets whacked a huge sum of money each month because they didn't cancel. Sorry, but if you have to give out your card number then it's not really a free trial and you're authorizing them to charge your card if you don't cancel. We actually have a form letter for those disputes because the customer has no dispute rights if they willingly give their card number out but can't provide proof that they cancelled based on the terms of the company.

People who are too lazy to type out words...

;)

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

People who are too lazy to type out words...

;)

+1 on this one, especially in texts.  My 58 year old mother texts like a 16 year old girl and it drives me crazy.  You seriously think you saved some time texting 'u' instead of you?

• Like 1

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the time."  When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied "The one I feed the most."

Driftwood's Battle Log

First Challenge:  24 Feb - 6 April 2014

Second Challenge (Monks) :  14 April - 25 May 2014

+1 on this one, especially in texts.  My 58 year old mother texts like a 16 year old girl and it drives me crazy.  You seriously think you saved some time texting 'u' instead of you?

My mom does that, too. Most of the time with caps long on so you think you're getting yelled at at first...

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Sorry to do the Mother-in-law bitch again, but I'm pulling my hair out! Seriously, what part of "I'm wheat intolerant" is difficult to understand?

I CANT EAT THE STUFF!!!!!! NO! I don't want a loaf of bread. NO! I don't want to try Warburtons "Thins". NO! I don't want a fricking sandwich!

I would even let her off if it was only once in a while that we had this conversation. But every other day???? Maybe it's some new torture method she's road testing.... Trying to see who'll break first? We're a year in, and it's still a tie... Stay tuned. ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

MIL's are a different breed. These days I nod my head, smile at her like she is my special little somebody and ignore her the best I can.

Just to make you feel better, I only stopped calling my mother in law, Mrs Davis after giving birth to my 5th son. Never once in the 8 years I had been with her son and the 5 children I bore for him, did she ever turn around and say, "It's alright love call me Margie" not once. After number 5 was born I just called her Nan, she never gave me permission to call her Margie.

I have a whole swag of stories from feeding my milk intolerant kids milk before we travel 3.5 hours home in a car to nearly killing one of them with her incompetence.

Another thread perhaps.

Wait! What............?

I feel like the spouse is generally the best one to handle in-law issues. Of course it my case, this is more a matter of me handling my family. They're all great and do really well with both kids and dietary issues. The only thing is...there are a lot of them. I'm one of eight kids and my wife is one of only two, so I have to step in and make sure things don't get too overwhelming on occasion when we're visiting my family (especially since I happen to be the oldest, so most of my siblings are still at home).

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

... Or not

"I can NOT deal with your Mother any more!!! You need to talk to her"

"Are you NUTS???!!! NO One can talk to her!!! Just let it go"

And then there are those situations...

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.