Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

My dog FREAKING OUT with happiness when I came home from work. I missed this. (She usually stays elsewhere, but her usual caregivers are out of town for 2 weeks.)

The other day, I was reading some article on Jezebel, and someone said something sarcastic/snarky in the comments. It was replied to with this GIF and I almost totally lost it at work:

http://s620.photobucket.com/user/Boolu_666/media/shots-fired-o.gif.html

Went to the Justin Timberlake concert yesterday here in switzerland, that guy is awesome! I love him! :D

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

I found Peter's hip flask when I was looking for a bottle of tablets, it was still full of whiskey. It was one of those moments that just takes you by surprise. I hope there's more of those to come. :)

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I found Peter's hip flask when I was looking for a bottle of tablets, it was still full of whiskey. It was one of those moments that just takes you by surprise. I hope there's more of those to come. :)

This, this right here made me smile!  And I will admit shed a tear.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Their will be many more to come, I still get moments like that and it'll be five years this coming August.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Good to see you Mitch. I was worried you'd deserted us.

I may not comment as much during my down times, but I am always here checking on things.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I like that thought. :)

To be honest, I can't see it going completely away.... there's always going to be reminders, whether it's a whiskey flask or a song... they'll always be there.

Plus, they were a HUGE part of your life, I can't see forgetting them even being an option...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

The normal, everyday reminders are everywhere. But it was that little jolt of surprise and the unexpected joy that it brought with it that was so powerful. :)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

The normal, everyday reminders are everywhere. But it was that little jolt of surprise and the unexpected joy that it brought with it that was so powerful. :)

Ahhh yeah... I'll get those with certain songs I haven't heard in a while, especially on a bad day. Like a little "Hey... lighten up, it's not so bad" from him. Or lightning... I ALWAYS smile at lightning...

The 4th and New Years are really bad... still have a picture I took of lightning on a 4th of July a while back, the daytime was nice, but as night fell you could tell there was a storm rolling through thought it didn't rain where we were at, and the wind picked up, couldn't stand many of our fireworks up but the little ones that we did get lit off, were over shadowed by all the lightning in the distance.

I had my fireworks, and he had his... :-)

• Like 1

My first challenge

Nice topic #positive#inspiration#motivation.

Today running made me smile, with Radiohead on the ears. And driving to the office without traffic jams. And while driving catching early morning light, with birds moving seemingly on the rhythm and melody of some Vaughan Williams tune. Watching young green. Around my house and on my plate. Couple of reasons for smiling...  :)

• Like 1

MadMaxHatter, level 1 satyr (adventurer)
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Challenges: 1st challenge, current/2nd challenge

I was very early for a survey in Maldon today so I went for a bite to east in a rather nice tea rooms, Was sitting in the courtyard in the sun eating a chicken salad sandwich on rye with a green tea and it made me smile to think I get well paid to visit some nice places with no one looking over my shoulder. Life is good.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

I went to Toastmasters today for the first time in almost a year... I forgot how much those people make me laugh! It was the perfect break in the middle of my day :)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

There were these really pretty yellow flowers blanketing a hill along the freeway. It kind of looked like someone used the spray paint tool in Microsoft Paint to cover the hill.

oooh, I drove past the daffodil fields in the Skagit Valley on the way home today. so beautiful!

daffodilfield.jpg

• Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Not from today, but I'm still smiling about it so it's going in here.

A friend of the family had to go away for a day and my parents were looking after his 9 year old daughter from 8am - 7:30pm.

It's a long day for the little one, and they wanted to keep her occupied as much as possible so I'd offered to swing by and take her out for a couple of hours to the local swimming pool.

When I arrived she came running out of the house squealing with delight and wrapped herself around me in a hug. What a cutie!

We were in the pool for at least an hour and a half, but there was virtually no "swimming" done. The whole time was spent jumping in at the deep end, having competitions to see who could hold their breath the longest, doing underwater handstands and summersaults.

I loved it! So much fun! And I got a HUGE hug at the end of it too. Bonus! :D

• Like 2

Two things in the last...ooohhh... 8 minutes.

Number 1: Watching this video and imagining myself in the passenger seat, of course the steering wheel, and pedals would have to be moved over there too..

Number 2: Was in reading the comments when I saw...

"not as quick as the astra? wtf? how much money has been spent on the astra!!! or is he taking the piss?"

Edit:

This didn't make me smile, this made me laugh harder than I've laughed in a long time. I have no patience for stupidity, and even less for epic stupidity... and working with trains a lot. This borders on some new level of stupidity above epic...

My first challenge

Ok, I LOL'd just at the title "Kicked in the head by a.....", but I can't watch the vid. :( I'll have to try and look it up myself later because the words "This borders on some new level of stupidity above epic..." Are just so darn compelling! ;)

Edit:

This didn't make me smile, this made me laugh harder than I've laughed in a long time. I have no patience for stupidity, and even less for epic stupidity... and working with trains a lot. This borders on some new level of stupidity above epic...

Hahahah.. god, this video will never get old for me.

Level 1 fuckin' Gargoyle...

STR - 1; DEX - 0; STA - 0; CON - 3; WIS - 2; CHA - 4

Challenge: #1