Forums are back in action! ×

Rides (What do you drive?)

A Mercedes E220 Coupe. It's old,1996 reg, but it's solid as a rock. Got some nice lines to it, but really doesn't live up to it's promise.

Meh, that's ok. I like old bricks, wouldn't want a modern car, so I'm good.

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I, until very recently, drove the most unbelievably sexy car. Twas a dark purple 1996 dodge minivan with a giant crunch mark in the side passenger door. Hot damn were the ladies flocking to me. (Obvious sarcasm is obvious)

Dream car, oddly enough, would probably be a DeLorean. Just because its awesome and stands out, but its still a small car and I enjoy driving those a great deal more. Also its not a purple minivan, so that's a plus too.

I'd go gay for a guy in a purple minivan... and the crunch mark.... oh yeah baby....

A Mercedes E220 Coupe. It's old,1996 reg, but it's solid as a rock. Got some nice lines to it, but really doesn't live up to it's promise.

Meh, that's ok. I like old bricks, wouldn't want a modern car, so I'm good.

Little fancy for me, but not bad...

2007 Mini Cooper, custom made online and bought fresh from the factory.  It's my pride and joy and my dream car.  :)

Custom made deserves pictures....

My current vehicle is a 2000 Ford F-150 my Step-Dad gave me when the tranny on my '01 Ram crapped out.

Dream Cars:

'69 Dodge Charger (either Gen. Lee or flat black w/ satin accents kinda like Blade's even though his was a '68)

'67 Plymouth Barracuda (car I was conceived in)

'70 Plymouth Roadrunner or Superbird

'80 Ferrari 308 GTSi (Magnum's car season's 2 & 3)

You might be able to convince Bearded_Dragon to trade ya for the 150. :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Little fancy for me, but not bad...

It ain't fancy man. It's old, and a brick, but it suits me.

The last car I had was a Lexus GS300, that was a nice car. Bloody expensive to run, it drank petrol like there was no tomorrow, but it was just so fecking nice.

Dream car...? I'm partial to a Citroen 2CV lol! Always fancied one. Or the H-van.... :D

e2yte2at.jpg

Don't ask me to explain it.... I just love em!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

It ain't fancy man. It's old, and a brick, but it suits me.

The last car I had was a Lexus GS300, that was a nice car. Bloody expensive to run, it drank petrol like there was no tomorrow, but it was just so fecking nice.

Dream car...? I'm partial to a Citroen 2CV lol! Always fancied one. Or the H-van.... :D

e2yte2at.jpg

Don't ask me to explain it.... I just love em!

You're talking to a guy that feels more at home in the country than the city... that's a fancy car for me. :-)

Now that van... I could use that...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

2010 Nissan Sentra SE-R. It was my first brand new car. I loved it then, and I still enjoy it now. 2.5L, 4-cyl,188 hp stock, 180 ft-pds of torque, and 6-spd CVT flappy paddle gear box.

Loaded with every option that was available (power everything, power sunroof, bigger brakes, 17 inch alloys, 45 series rubber, Rockford Fosgate 8 speaker with 2 subs, sat nav, back up cam, etc.) for $25k all in. Nissan was having a promotion when I bought it, so I got 0% financing for 60 months.

Bit of a WTF when you see a 4-dr, 4 banger FWD beat V8 trucks off the line and in the straights.

Had it up to 235 KPH. 110 kph in second gear too!

Now the wife and I are thinking of buying something with abit more of an elegant feel to it. Maybe something German, or British

Also, my dream mid-life crisis car (that I am already saving for) is an Ariel Atom... That car makes my liver quiver.... 

I forgot about my dream car, I drool over most of the super cars on Top Gear but my real love is Rally Racing, I used to drive a busted up Subaru through an old logging roads and atv trails around the Taconics

I had a bare-bones '94 Imp in college. The ongoing joke was that it was going to be a rally racer when it grew up :) We practiced our turns Rally Sweden style when it snowed on campus... 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Haha! They're not actually very big. You can do a conversion on them to turn them into a funky little camper though... S-weeet!!!

And they have suicide doors. How fecking cool is that?!

• Like 1

I drive a 2009 Renault Megane Coupé

Renault-Bose-Edition_13.jpg

focus3_image.jpg

I keep thinking about to order the FOX-sign of the VW FOX to add it on my rear beneath my modelname, so it would say:

MEGANE

FOX

This way I could say I spend a lot of my time in Megane Fox :D

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

I drive a blue 2005 Dodge Dakota.

1005998_508180602587652_1084804917_n.jpg

Nothing glamorous, and the gas mileage isn't great, but she gets me places. Her name is Aurora. :)

Totally made me think of the RSI Aurora.  Not the prettiest ship, but it gets the damn job done.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

2006 Prius. The first car I've ever had that I really love. One of the reasons I love it is that I went and bought it myself with no assistance from my husband. The other reason is that it is just plain awesome. Just turned 100,000 miles and my plan is to reach at least 250k. My husband thinks keeping a car that long is nuts but I plan to drive it until it dies.

The only car I've ever named was a 1990 Buick Skylark that we named Baby Blue. It wouldn't start in temps higher than 65 and made me feel like a blue haired old lady when I drove it.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

2006 Prius. The first car I've ever had that I really love. One of the reasons I love it is that I went and bought it myself with no assistance from my husband. The other reason is that it is just plain awesome. Just turned 100,000 miles and my plan is to reach at least 250k. My husband thinks keeping a car that long is nuts but I plan to drive it until it dies.

The only car I've ever named was a 1990 Buick Skylark that we named Baby Blue. It wouldn't start in temps higher than 65 and made me feel like a blue haired old lady when I drove it.

I'd have to back you on that one, not keeping your car that long is nuts. What purpose does it serve to go and get a new car payment, when the one you have paid off is working fine...

I plan on driving my truck into the dirt, then putting a new engine/transmission in and and running it into the dirt again...

• Like 1

My first challenge

I'd have to back you on that one, not keeping your car that long is nuts. What purpose does it serve to go and get a new car payment, when the one you have paid off is working fine...

I plan on driving my truck into the dirt, then putting a new engine/transmission in and and running it into the dirt again...

Speaking as someone who works in Fleet Management, there comes a break even point where the money you spend in repairs on the old car is higher than the resale value and the cost of a new car.  It's different for everyone, but it absolutely exists.  Typically it's somewhere between 100-200k miles. 

That being said, sentimental value counts for a lot.  I'll be buried in the Camaro.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Speaking as someone who works in Fleet Management, there comes a break even point where the money you spend in repairs on the old car is higher than the resale value and the cost of a new car.  It's different for everyone, but it absolutely exists.  Typically it's somewhere between 100-200k miles. 

That being said, sentimental value counts for a lot.  I'll be buried in the Camaro.  

That's why I'd switch out the guts, replacing my truck even if I went used, could easily end up at 30K, I lucked out and managed to find mine at 10k, but 01s in decent shape are pretty rare around here... I could take that 30k and put it into a new "inside" truck, and have a truck that now performs better than it did. I'm not saying to not replace things, or bring em back up to speed, just going for a new car is foolish in my eyes.

My first challenge

Yep. I'm hoping for 300k out of my TDI before anything major goes, but after that... I'd almost rather have a Mk1 Golf to re-build than my Mk6! 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

My MOPAR has 253,000+ miles on it.  Engine was still running very well. It was the tranny that took a dump so that's why I have a Ford. 

My wife is due to get a very decent amount of $$$ from a retirement from her previous job and I might take a bit and replace the tranny.  I really love that truck, and I smoked a Toyota tundra w/ a V8 in it.  He hung w/ me till about 95mph then I started pulling away. By 105mph I was leaving his ass in the dust!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider