Forums are back in action! ×

Introverts, Social Misfits and the Terror of Talking to People

Supposedly all monks have a 'Lawful' alignment. I make an attempt to stay 'Neutral', or as 'Lawful' as possible, but lately I figured f- it. I'm the Mad Monk after all.

Oh!  Now I know what happened and why there were so many "AD&D Alignment posters!  Machete successfully executed a subject change!  Awesome job!

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Not all farang are 0chaotic... look at the Germans.

Also, Thailand has a say: "True Thais do what they want..."

But I'm part Chinese, so I have no idea which ones to believe in. Hence neutral.

I'm thinking the ethical alignment is kind of a reflection of the Hofstede's Cultural Dimensions, particularly the Power Distribution Index with some Uncertainty Avoidance and Individuality mixed in. Following this, the most Lawful "gringo state" seems to be Greece, though France and Poland appear to have a rather high PDI. For the most part, Asia and South America could be considered predominantly Lawful as a whole while the US, Australia, and northern Europe (particularly Scandinavia) could be considered more Chaotic.

Lawful Good:  Takes FOREVER to pay off.  That's why nice people finish last.

Nice Guys never finish. They just keep asking if their partner is about to, eventually killing the mood and nobody ends up finishing.

Oh!  Now I know what happened and why there were so many "AD&D Alignment posters!  Machete successfully executed a subject change!  Awesome job!

That's how Chaotic I am. Haha

Perhaps we should all take this test.

sshot4f2c1c4daa7c2.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsgl0wbrrv.jpg

hahahaha I am a little darker than I appear it seems ;)

l

i was surprised I got Chaotic Evil honestly, bc I'd imagine I was more Chaotic Neutral/Good, bc I DO like helping people and following rules but not just for the sake of it, I have to have a reason for doing good and fuck a rule if it doesnt make sense,.

Chaotic Good

A Chaotic Good character favors change for a greater good, disdains bureaucratic organizations that get in the way of social improvement, and places a high value on personal freedom, not only for oneself, but for others as well. Chaotic Good characters always intend to do the right thing, but their methods are generally disorganized and often out of sync with the rest of society. They may create conflict in a team if they feel they are being pushed around, and often view extensive organization and planning as pointless, preferring to improvise.[citation needed]

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

image.jpg1_zpsgl0wbrrv.jpg

hahahaha I am a little darker than I appear it seems ;)

l

i was surprised I got Chaotic Evil honestly, bc I'd imagine I was more Chaotic Neutral/Good, bc I DO like helping people and following rules but not just for the sake of it, I have to have a reason for doing good and fuck a rule if it doesnt make sense,.

Chaotic Good

A Chaotic Good character favors change for a greater good, disdains bureaucratic organizations that get in the way of social improvement, and places a high value on personal freedom, not only for oneself, but for others as well. Chaotic Good characters always intend to do the right thing, but their methods are generally disorganized and often out of sync with the rest of society. They may create conflict in a team if they feel they are being pushed around, and often view extensive organization and planning as pointless, preferring to improvise.[citation needed]

I also got chaotic evil... I'm not that chaotic. I just don't stand by the social standards those are hurtful to others. And the rules made by tyrants. And the...

Wait...

• Like 1

I also got chaotic evil... I'm not that chaotic. I just don't stand by the social standards those are hurtful to others. And the rules made by tyrants. And the...

Wait...

does anyone else see the irony that the people with positive children's cartoon/movie avatars both are getting a Chaotic Evil Result? lolololololol

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I feel almost disappointed.  

You Are:

Lawful Neutral

Lawful Neutral- A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot. However, lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:

Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)

Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)

Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)

Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)

True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)

Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)

Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)

Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)

Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)

Law & Chaos:

Law ----- XXXXXXXX (8)

Neutral - XXXXXXX (7)

Chaos --- XXXXX (5)

Good & Evil:

Good ---- XXXXXX (6)

Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Evil ---- XXXXXXX (7)

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

does anyone else see the irony that the people with positive children's cartoon/movie avatars both are getting a Chaotic Evil Result? lolololololol

I don't know about you, Becka, but it's because I'm chaotic evil, I'm not showing my true face.

aececac15c8715e729f50a28cf8b939a.jpg

• Like 1

Chaotic Neutral

Chaotic Neutral- A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal. However, chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:

Lawful Good ----- XXXXX (5)

Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)

Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)

True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)

Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (28)

Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)

Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)

Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (27)

Law & Chaos:

Law ----- XX (2)

Neutral - XXXXXXX (7)

Chaos --- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)

Good & Evil:

Good ---- XXX (3)

Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)

Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

The only surprise was how high my Chaotic Evil scored. 

I guess a disdain for authority and government (despite working for both) and a rugged individualist streak are enough to throw you off into the outreaches of society's morality...

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

My mommy said I'm a special snowflake!

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

My mommy said I'm a special snowflake!

Mother thought all the snowflakes were the same... She lived in the tropics tho.

The only surprise was how high my Chaotic Evil scored. 

I guess a disdain for authority and government (despite working for both) and a rugged individualist streak are enough to throw you off into the outreaches of society's morality...

I have the same views but scored a lawful neutral.  I guess "I AM THE LAW!"

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I have the same views but scored a lawful neutral.  I guess "I AM THE LAW!"

Well you can't win all the time.  At least Dread was an excellent movie, as was the classic Stallone flick.  Karl Urban Dread strikes me as a [very] empowered Introvert.

Topic shift:  Popular (or favorite) intovert characters in film or writing?

I'm a fan of Nolan's take on Batman and Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine.  Both portray a gritty, edgier version of established comic book heroes and take them down a path that examines a darker take on their classic origin stories with a nod to the psychology that drives them.  With Christian Bale you see how he insulates himself after his parents' death and then how his subsequent training pushes him further to the outreaches of society, and with Jackman there is definitely a focus on his PTSD and memory loss and how his abilities (and mindset) have isolated him as a result.

Frank from the Percy Jackson Series-- until he got insta-fit. He was the copy of my childhood, but while I take years to burn off the fat and gain strength, the character just got blessed by his dad to be super tall and (attractively) buff. It's just cheating.

Did I mention he's almost the only Asian male character that I read in American books who was described as cute or hot? Yup. It just doesn't happen that often. We got our shared of willowy almond-eyed sex bomb kitten geishas (also problematic). No hot Asian men, tho, that won't sell. Evil lowly Asian dudes? Heck yeah! You can pick those in blue ray.

Forgot about Jason Bourne.  Good call.  Much more withdrawn and introspective than, say, Bond.  Although Daniel Craig takes a run at that style of hero.

• Like 1

Frank from the Percy Jackson Series-- until he got insta-fit. He was the copy of my childhood, but while I take years to burn off the fat and gain strength, the character just got blessed by his dad to be super tall and (attractively) buff. It's just cheating.

Did I mention he's almost the only Asian male character that I read in American books who was described as cute or hot? Yup. It just doesn't happen that often. We got our shared of willowy almond-eyed sex bomb kitten geishas (also problematic). No hot Asian men, tho, that won't sell. Evil lowly Asian dudes? Heck yeah! You can pick those in blue ray.

We do have hot [tall] Asian men who are Calvin Klein models. Though this is what they're mostly good for:

giphy.gif

I think America isn't comfortable with interracial relationships in general. You can find them in some movies though every now and then. Usually if interraciality is a main theme.

Ramen Girl

RamenGirl1.jpg

Ninja Assassin

Raizo-Mika-3-ninja-assassin-17091636-400

Crying Freeman

crying-freeman.jpg

and this racist-ass shit.

The-crimson-kimono-1959_poster.jpg

But yeah, let's just go back to Mark Dacascos. I'll let him represent me.

320256.jpg?v=1

Topic shift: Popular (or favorite) intovert characters in film or writing?

THEBOX.jpg

Solid Snake: "I hate people."

• Like 3

People have become so good at hiding the fact that they are introverts that it’s impossible to tell their disposition anymore. It’s incredibly easy to feel alone when everybody acts like an extrovert. I would have lost my mind a long time ago if it weren't for these introverted characters:

• The Driver (Ryan Gosling) from Drive
  • Coraline (Dakota Fanning) from Coraline
  • Joel Barish (Jim Carrey) from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Luna Lovegood (Evanna Patricia) from Harry Potter
  • Olive Penderghast (Emma Stone) from Easy A
  • Donnie Darko (Jake Gyllenhaal) from Donnie Darko

Better Ryan Gosling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1XxILVnt1w

Totally identify with this!  Awesome post, Machete!

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP