Forums are back in action! ×

I've been lurking and peeping on NF for over a year. I am a 38 year old registered nurse, mom of four, who is 5'6" and 235 lbs. I'm sick, riddled with anxiety, and barely functioning. I am inherently lazy, and the thought of exercise exhausts me. Sugar holds me in bondage, and I need someone to grip me tight and raise me from perdition! I need your help... Please help keep me accountable! Berate me, support me, and kick my ass! Save me...I want to be saved!!! I'm ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We're all standing here to help you Rugbymomma, do you have a plan on how to obtain your goals?

Might I suggest making a list of small simple items that you can work on, like going for a walk at least 20 minutes, twice a week, cutting back on soda, etc.. Little things when taken together CAN make a difference.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Welcome to the Rebellion, RugbyMomma!!!

If you want accountability, I suggest you join in the 6-week challenge and also join up with an accountability group!  That way, you have people in a group with you who will check on you AND have similar goals. 

Get into the Level 1 orientation group first:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/352-level-1-rebels/ , set some goals and meet some people!!

You can do this.  Lots of people struggle to break the sugar addiction - and you can do it!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

That sounds rough, but you can do it! Baby steps... I would suggest going for walks around the block, taking the stairs, and parking a little farther away from the door when shopping. Bit by bit, you can work exercise into your routine. Do your kids play video games? You could purchase a Wii fit and play with them - family fitness! Or pick up a dance game and bust a move! You can get there!

You can totally do this. There are so many helpful people here who will support you and challenge you toward your goals!  Joining the challenge is hands down the best thing I've done so far.  It's amazing to have people read what you're doing and support you when you need it most.  It's a great way to hold yourself accountable.  My problem was often that I said I wanted it but I had no clear goals, so after a couple weeks I would slip away and there was no one there to make me accountable.  The challenges push you to figure out what you want, how you're going to get there, and why.  It's great!  

Definitely find some small changes you can make and work at that until it's a habit.  Once it's a habit, pick another thing to work on.  This isn't a race to get there.  You want to make these changes last the rest of your life so make sure to not overwhelm yourself by trying to change everything at once.  

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"