Forums are back in action! ×

What nerdy/crazy/weird stuff do you do?

Well I figured the bat'leth would be roughly on a par with a baseball bat or hammer, probably not so hot at slicing the zombie heads off but capable of squishing them.

British nerds - where will we build our base? Cumbria worked quite well in 28 Days Later.

The zombies will know that as well, that's where they're going to go for food... need to look elsewhere. Main reason I would back grouping up in Florida, everyone knows where the "safe" places are so everyone will go there, but we got sunshine, water, hurricanes are easy to see coming... :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I suggest somewhere in the atlantic, like Madeira or The Azores:

- Comfy weather: check

- No natural disasters: check

- No creepy crawlies: check

- Isolated: check

- Nice nature: check

- Natural resources (fish, wood etc): check

Hmm, i might move there now to prep…..

• Like 4

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

I'm not really all that worried about Zombie Aussie Spiders. Well, at least I wasn't.

What does worry me, though - what if mosquitos become a vector for the spread of the zombie virus?

Geez, just as I was reading Mira Grant's Newsflesh Trilogy...

Time to buy a hazmat suit, I guess.

• Like 1

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

So, I've been thinking...

Search and destroy missions would be pretty strenuous. I've changed my mind; I think I could better serve as a "morale officer".

I mean, probably a lot of men are going to snuff it during the first wave and there are going to be a lot of distraught, lonely women needing... morale.

;)

• Like 5

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Australian strength "Fuck Off!" :)

Bugger Off?

• Like 3

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

The zombies will know that as well, that's where they're going to go for food... need to look elsewhere. Main reason I would back grouping up in Florida, everyone knows where the "safe" places are so everyone will go there, but we got sunshine, water, hurricanes are easy to see coming... :-)

Shorter drive for me. Count me in.

I'm thinking Moore Haven - low population, right on Lake Okeechobee, and there's a prison.

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

Well I figured the bat'leth would be roughly on a par with a baseball bat or hammer, probably not so hot at slicing the zombie heads off but capable of squishing them.

British nerds - where will we build our base? Cumbria worked quite well in 28 Days Later.

Bat'leths have points. Points are good for puncturing zombie skulls. One in the head keeps 'em dead!

• Like 3

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

I don't know about the prison in Moore Haven, but the one in Folkston, GA (near-ish to Florida) has pastures and farms and all the related equipment (and livestock).

perfect... I'm near Ga, meet you there...
  • Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I don't know about the prison in Moore Haven, but the one in Folkston, GA (near-ish to Florida) has pastures and farms and all the related equipment (and livestock). 

♪♫ Well, I'm stuck in Folkston Prison, and time keeps draggin' on... ♪♫ :)

Farms and livestock are good.

• Like 1

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

Jail is what you'd generally call a local/county lockup where people go immediately after they're arrested or to serve shorter sentences on the order of weeks or months.  Prison is reserved for the larger institutions that people convicted of serious crimes go to - higher security, more inmates, longer sentences.  But it's blurred a little bit, and not helped by the fact that half of them call themselves correctional facilities (usually a prison) or detention centers (usually a jail).

But it's not a distinction that I think most people are aware of.  Most people who are, they or somebody they know has some connection to the legal/law enforcement world (from either side of the bars).

For zombies, you want a prison.  Jails don't generally have that good defensible perimeter, at least around here.  Of course, they're not commonly unoccupied and waiting for survivors to move in...

LOL, we were the ultimate prison back in the day.

And now im thinking how rad a zombie film set in freo would be with the survivors all holed up in the prison - escaping through the catacombs and eventually sailing off on the last ferry to rotto...

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

perfect... I'm near Ga, meet you there...

i'm in GA, i'll meet you guys there. i've got lots of axes and a few various other blades :)

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -