Forums are back in action! ×

Leaner, better, faster, stronger

Hey!

UK geek, writer, marketing person, tree climber, baby assassin. That's me, at your service.

I successfully lost 60lbs (go me!) through calorie counting and exercise - with a bit of inspiration from the Nerd Fitness blog - but recently I've started to struggle.

I went through a stage of binge eating and it just stalled my progress when it comes to weight/fat loss. I've found that in order to stay on track, I need a support network of people. That's where you come in. Yes, you. I just need inspiration and someone to be accountable to.

My battle log is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48388-let-the-battle-commence-jetticas-operation-superhero/

You'll probably find me warbling on about roller derby, burpees and the perils of dining out. Oh, and my pull up progress.

Can't wait to get to know all you lovely, nerdy folk!

Welcome aboard Jettica,

I'm pretty new here myself, about 2 weeks, though been reading the blog for months.

I also lost some weight (65 lbs) through calorie counting and light cardio at www.loseit.com While I still use it, I found myself looking for something more as well and Nerd Fitness fits me to a "T".

New Rebel challenge (newbie's) starts June 5th I think, maybe something for you to look into.

Best of luck.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Totally up for the challenge, it's just working out what my goals are. Weight/fat loss is the ultimate goal but I don't know how to turn that into something trackable that I can be held accountable to. I need to read through more challenge threads!

Well done on your weight loss! I'm not at the stage where I need more. I want to be the strong, fit girl. Not just someone who's managed to lose weight. 

maybe this is just the ignorant american in me but...... uhm... "burpees and perils of dining out"...??

ah... nevermind. a quick google search did it for me. im familiar with the terms (well, to be fair, burpees is new to me), it just seemed weird all together for me.

anyways 60 pounds is freakin awesome. you definitely know what your doing! maybe you could help out the new kids in the help section (like me) :P

Welcome to the rebellion! For weight loss what kind of changes do you need/want to make? Those would be your goals for the next challenge. For example I want to start exercising regularly, so one of my goals will be to do yoga twice a week. Good luck! And congrats on the sixty pounds! That's some hard work!

Hey Jettica! Just found your intro and thought I'd say hi!

We've just recently started a UK Accountability group if you're interested? It would be a good way to get to know some of the other UK nerds :)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome :) roller derby?? How cooool, how did you get into that? Were you good at skating in the first place or did you pick the whole thing up at once? I've been dying to try it

Also

Are you a baby who is an assassin or do you deal with some pretty crazy babies

• Like 1

Level 1 Halfling - Rebel Nooblet - STR 2|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 2|CHA 2

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

What the junk is lumberjane up to?

Guzzi, I'm there!

Lumberjane, I could skate in inlines so picking it up again in quads wasn't too difficult. It's so much fun, I progressed through minimum skills (track movement, falls etc.) pretty quickly so now I'm doing stuff like hitting, blocking and pack work. It's ace!

And I'm a young assassin. That's what I want to be when I level up. I don't kill babies (stupid English language).