Forums are back in action! ×

Guys and long hair

as long as you take care of it.

really- I knew a kid who barely took care of it and had knots like- behind his ears- it was disgusting.  Much like a woman who doesn't take care of her hair- it looks really gross- same for a man. 

The only type of long hair I don't care for is the cross between curly and straight- it seems to look bad everywhere on everyone.  But if it's straight- keep it tidy and neat when/as appropriate- if it's curly go for it- again- tidy and neat as appropriate. 

if you ahve that flock of seagulls thing going on- just cut it for gods sake. 

I'm very partial to the whole skin head thing- so yeah- long is not my choice- but like when Pitt rocked the 'long' (longER I should say) hair- I didn't mind it. 

Ok random side question! Im going to a gender-fuck party on saturday (guys go as girls, girls go as guys) - so i need some ideas for a costume, especially hair! what famous awesome guys have nearly shoulder length bobs? :D

my normal style is basically straight out of terminantor: black jeans motorcycle boots and leather jackets. but i dont think any of the male characters in that universe have long hair. 

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Ok random side question! Im going to a gender-fuck party on saturday (guys go as girls, girls go as guys) - so i need some ideas for a costume, especially hair! what famous awesome guys have nearly shoulder length bobs? :D

my normal style is basically straight out of terminantor: black jeans motorcycle boots and leather jackets. but i dont think any of the male characters in that universe have long hair.

Possibly Norman Reedus from Walking Dead. His hair is not really shoulder length but it looks longish depending on the season and hair style.

Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy would be another good suggestion.

Either would go well with black jeans, boots and leather jackets.

• Like 1

Not quite sure what exactly you're looking for, but there's plenty of shoulder length haircuts in here..

https://www.google.com/search?q=men+shoulder+length+hair&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=SfGYU73RNIq0yATNg4HIBQ&ved=0CBwQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=895

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

WWJD?

1 Corinthians 11:14 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him"

One of my favourite Bible passages :P

There's a trend of baldness in my family so I'm making the most of my hair while I still have it. My advice - give it a go

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target."

You should go as Alex from Clockwork Orange.  Totally.

Thor (Chris Hemsworth).  How can you go wrong w/ Thor???

Brad Pitt looks good in long hair (Interview With The Vampire, Troy)

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Personally, I love guys with long hair. At least as long as they are well groomed and it's not just in a greasy pony tail all the time. I would absolutely love to be with a man with long, well kept hair and be surrounded by it, completely engulfed in our own little world, smelling his shampoo while we....well....needless to say just thinking about this scenario gives me goose bumps haha. 

I may be in the minority here. But hot damn. 

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

khal-drogo.jpg

Vezh fin saja rhaesheseres

My fiance keeps telling me that I should go as him for a cosplay sometime....LOL

Anyway...as a guy who has had long hair since he was high school, it depends on your face shape. I have a longer face with higher cheek bones, which means I slick my hair back and keep it short, OR I keep it long about shoulder length. Recently I have started shaving the sides and under side of the long hair during the summer time to keep cool. Yay thick but randomly curly hair...

• Like 1

Race: Demi-Human

Class; Ranger Level: 3

STR:5 | DEX:5 | CON:6 | INT:1 | WIS:5 | CHA:1

Former ​Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

Coffee challenge: Failed :(

Next up: Nerd Rumble 2015

I am Groot.

my thoughts

it looks good on some guys and terrible on others, so that just depends on which type you happen to be.

maintenance seems like it would be a pain in the butt.

my roommate used to have long hair and he constantly clogged the shower drain and the left it for me to clean up, that was nasty.

Simon Templar

Race: Human | Class: Intending to go for Ranger

Level: 0    Str: 0 | Dex: 0 | Sta: 0 | Con: 0 | Wis: 0 | Cha: 0

Starting Weight: 366 lbs | Goal Weight: 240 lbs | Current Weight: 338 lbs

21%
21%

Generally speaking, if you can avoid the mullet look (think Eugene in the Walking Dead), you should do alright. My rule of thumb is that the top and front are within 3" of the length of the back. For  everyday use, I just pull it all back in a ponytail. When I "let my freak flag fly", I get all sorts of looks, good and bad. 

It does work better if you can rock some serious facial hair, which I don't. My facial hair takes an hour or so a day- every day- to keep looking good, and I don't have that kind of time. 

Mix and match with some serious metal blaring from your car as you drive down the road... or actually playing metal. For me, it's guitar all the way again.