Forums are back in action! ×

Quidditch Round 2 (Push-ups)

Updated my total. Sorry it is a lot lower this week - finding places to do pushups at the incline I am now at while on vacation has been really hard. I finally started doing some on the floor, but time was still short from all the family stuff we have been doing. Sorry! :neglected:

• Like 1

Updated my total. Sorry it is a lot lower this week - finding places to do pushups at the incline I am now at while on vacation has been really hard. I finally started doing some on the floor, but time was still short from all the family stuff we have been doing. Sorry! :neglected:

Understandable. Do you have any ideas for next week's competition?

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I'm down for whatever. Sorry about the really low score this week. Clap push-ups are not enjoyable for me. Not sure why. Also, my little sister was in town. Screwed up my personal challenge as well, soo...yeah. Oh well. I'll be back in full force next week. Probably try out side to sides or uneven push-ups.

As far as teams...I have some pretty strong allegiance toward Ravenclaw! I thought we had a great team and I want to bring us Quidditch glory!! But whatever needs to happen to make this work. I understand. The "weight class" idea might be a fun even mix up

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log

It seems to me that the standard way of doing the Quidditch cup is already messed up, so IMHO we can do whatever for the last 2 weeks of the challenge. I think the "weight class" thing might be neat to try.

As for other ideas, I don't really have a Quidditch-based one, but something different. I have been playing with an idea for a more total bodyweight competition based on a medieval battle format. It could still be teams, but individuals might work, too. Essentially, each type of basic bodyweight exercise (upper push, upper pull, legs, core) would count as a different kind of attack or defense. Or maybe each team could choose players who would count as attack or defense. To start with, it might be easiest to base the "points" off of player AMRAPs in each exercise for calculation purposes, and to even the playing field a bit.

Upper pull = distance attack (archers, ballistas & catapults all need pull action)

Upper push = Polearms & swords (counter charge attacks)

Legs = Cavalry/knight charge

Core = Wall or shield wall strength (counter distance attack)

As you can see, it still needs a lot of refining to be ready to play. I am open to ideas if we want to pursue it, or if it is too much of a change from the Quidditch cup I am ok with shelving it, too. :)

Since I've been doing progressively more challenging pushup variations I haven't had any numbers to compare to my original 1-minute AMRAP of standard pushups.  I decided to do another 1-minute AMRAP test of them today to see what progress I've made.

I started with:

AMRAP Test23   standard pushups

Today I did:

AMRAP Test38   standard pushups

Since I hadn't done a standard pushup since the first week - I gotta say, a 65% increase is nice.  :)

• Like 4

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Looks to me like the Quidditch cup is transmorgifying into the Triwizard Tournament.

Let's use your weight class idea, Harika. It seems the simplest for what we have left to work with.

• Like 1

It seems to me that the standard way of doing the Quidditch cup is already messed up, so IMHO we can do whatever for the last 2 weeks of the challenge. I think the "weight class" thing might be neat to try.

As for other ideas, I don't really have a Quidditch-based one, but something different. I have been playing with an idea for a more total bodyweight competition based on a medieval battle format. It could still be teams, but individuals might work, too. Essentially, each type of basic bodyweight exercise (upper push, upper pull, legs, core) would count as a different kind of attack or defense. Or maybe each team could choose players who would count as attack or defense. To start with, it might be easiest to base the "points" off of player AMRAPs in each exercise for calculation purposes, and to even the playing field a bit.

Upper pull = distance attack (archers, ballistas & catapults all need pull action)

Upper push = Polearms & swords (counter charge attacks)

Legs = Cavalry/knight charge

Core = Wall or shield wall strength (counter distance attack)

As you can see, it still needs a lot of refining to be ready to play. I am open to ideas if we want to pursue it, or if it is too much of a change from the Quidditch cup I am ok with shelving it, too. :)

That would be a lot of fun, something like that was proposed in the original Quidditch thread (many exercises and Tri-wizard) and would be great for the next challenge. If you make a planning thread now you may get a lot of help. I started something not nearly as interesting for next challenge but it seems that people could join mine and your idea for double motivation on the same exercises.

Way to go, Hazard!

I think I'm gonna bow out for the next week, possibly the rest of the challenge. I'm going on vacation tomorrow and will have no access to my computer and limited access to my phone for 1-2 weeks. This was really fun :) Thanks for putting it together, Harika! <3

Thank you for letting me know.

Looks to me like the Quidditch cup is transmorgifying into the Triwizard Tournament.

Let's use your weight class idea, Harika. It seems the simplest for what we have left to work with.

I set up what it would look like in a new sheet, although some people switched push-up type or otherwise had weekly points such as 6-22-7 and I had to make a cold guess as to where to place the person.

I did 20 push-ups today, just to see how far on Tau I could get. I forgot that there were two 8's in the first six digits.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Looks like it will work. I am guessing that it is based on AMRAP like the other games? We out our AMRAP in the "Starting" column, right?

I just want to keep some kind of competition for motivation. :)

Staying on the first step for my pushups. AMRAP is 15. Not much improvement, which does not surprise me, considering.

Looks like it will work. I am guessing that it is based on AMRAP like the other games? We out our AMRAP in the "Starting" column, right?

I just want to keep some kind of competition for motivation. :)

Staying on the first step for my pushups. AMRAP is 15. Not much improvement, which does not surprise me, considering.

Yepyep. 

I think this might be more motivating, because next to your name should be people you can surpass with just one extra set . . . every time you check. ;)

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I stop this challenge.

Can't even keep up with my challenge thread so I want to focus on this one.

Lots of stress right now. Sorry guys.

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

I'm gonna do my AMRAP tonight. Sorry It's been hectic!

Drinking tea with the Mad Hatter; sorry for any typos, sent from Tapatalk.

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Another slow day, day 2 of just 120. Already kicking it today with 60 though, and it's only 8:30, so I'm hoping for a UGE number to make up for 2 slack days.

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses