Forums are back in action! ×

Calling all writers!

The book corner seems like a good place to hunt for fellow writers. Where you all at? :)

I write fiction under a pseudonym, Angie Hulme, have done for yeeeeears now, anything fictiony I write goes under that name.

I also write for a couple of other places as Lee Hulme, one website for LGBTQ geeks, a couple of others about indie film (which is where all my spare time tends to go - I work with an indie company).

But anyway, I can't believe I'm alone in here, so come say hi, let's swap ideas and books and stuff :)

Lee x

• Like 1

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

I write a bit, here and there. Mostly short stories, though I am putting together a thriller novel to see how that sort of thing works out.

• Like 1

Ketsurou

Level 0 Lycan

Probationer Assassin

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Training Assignments: #1

"If you're afraid to fall, you fall because you're afraid. Everything is Choice." -- Daniel Ilabaca, Choose Not To Fall.

Choose not to fall. Be victorious, one choice at a time. 

"We are all the protagonists of our own life story,

so be the hero that you want to be."

Primary Mission: Lose 64lbs.

7.8%
7.8%

Secondary Mission: Drop 3 Pant Sizes.

25%
25%

I write fan-fic. Been doing it on-n-off since 3rd grade when my bff taught me how.

Hard field to get paid for, but I please myself with it.

(the kids are sick of me sharing w/ them, so, I'm back to just writing for me.)

I started something new (Joanne Harris calls it "God-fic" when you write mythology, like that) but, lost interest.

Maybe I'm ADD, or something - idk.

:-P

ADVENTURER

now

Col and cool :)

I tend to have half a dozen things on the go at a time, depends on my mood or where the inspiration last struck as to what I work on. There's also the dungeon of lost ideas, which is ever growing, and gets dipped into occasionally to pull out something that didn't work out to use elsewhere.

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

seems i'm late to this party, but i write mostly lyrics. followed by short stories. though i'm helping my guitarist develop the actual story/plot for our concept album while he writes most the hard story. 

i'm about to attempt a fantasy novel for the 4th time as i always get about 150ish pages in and decide i don't like what i've written and throw it away.

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I too am a late arrival to the party.  but I write.  I actually was one of the winners of NaNoWriMo in 2010, and I've had my poetry published a few times over the years.

• Like 3

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

I've been meaning to get back in the game but I just never seem to have time. But I do have time to binge watch Netflix shows... so that just tells me I need to get out of the house and write somewhere without Netflix. Or internet.

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: thekatisalie is back :: no seriously this time

MyFitnessPal || Strava || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay

seems i'm late to this party, but i write mostly lyrics. followed by short stories. though i'm helping my guitarist develop the actual story/plot for our concept album while he writes most the hard story. 

i'm about to attempt a fantasy novel for the 4th time as i always get about 150ish pages in and decide i don't like what i've written and throw it away.

My favorite story album is "Alice Cooper Goes To Hell"  The songs were out of sequence on the cassette version (it was the 70's - okay????) But on the album it chronicles his damnation, trip, meeting with the devil & his final return home. There was no additional story, but you could easily follow the "plot" w/ the songs. It was pretty darn cool...

The Who's "Tommy" tells a story as well. they made the movie after performing the "rock Opera" without staging, for years. (i think that's how it went)

What kind of fantasy ? (seems kind of ambiguous.. :indecisiveness: ) fantasy these days can range from "my little Pony" to D&D, to Zombie apocalypse.    ..just nosy :moody: ...

• Like 1

ADVENTURER

now

I really love writing! The "feels"are something indescribable but sadly, my procrastination comes in the way of my artistic process (I blame myself so don't worry) thus, neglecting this art as a whole writing as a whole for the past year or so...

I used to blog about my random thoughts some time ago, mixing it up with writing about the current political scenarios prevalent in many countries but that's it.

Now, I am just thinking of changing that to fan-fiction or stories or something but what?! To That, I really have no clue.

P.S: I want to read fangirl though :D

"This message was brought to you by my fingers who were activated by the electrical signals from my brain which travelled through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

My favorite story album is "Alice Cooper Goes To Hell"  The songs were out of sequence on the cassette version (it was the 70's - okay????) But on the album it chronicles his damnation, trip, meeting with the devil & his final return home. There was no additional story, but you could easily follow the "plot" w/ the songs. It was pretty darn cool...

The Who's "Tommy" tells a story as well. they made the movie after performing the "rock Opera" without staging, for years. (i think that's how it went)

What kind of fantasy ? (seems kind of ambiguous.. :indecisiveness: ) fantasy these days can range from "my little Pony" to D&D, to Zombie apocalypse.    ..just nosy :moody: ...

that Alice album is fantastic! i haven't listened to Alice Cooper in what feels like forever.

more of the "traditional" Tolkien sense of fantasy. different realm complete with elves, drow(still undecided), orcs, goblins, dragons, and other magical creatures.

though, the one for our concept album is more set in the future after the collapse of society. most of technology has been reset. scene is more akin to the 1800's.  

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I've actually been writing for fun since I was about 7 or 8, and completed NaNoWriMo six years in a row before life got too busy and I had to drop it.  Right now I'm in a "dormant" phase, which happens every few years, but eventually I'll finish the edits on my books and start putting them out there for other people to read.

I didn't expect it when I did NaNo for the first time, but I ended up writing urban fantasy humour.  I also constructed a loosely-knit series where a few characters from one story wander into the next story, and so on.

Astreja K. Odinsdóttir, socially-distanced Valkyrie
Race:  Humanoid (
Ásynja)
[ Level 9 | STR 14 | STA 18 | DEX 16 | CON 18 | WIS 19 | CHA 15 ]

I don't really (no longer?) write, but I roleplay and I make stories/worlds without writing them down into narrative format, just notes. I have so many worlds/planets now I don't know what to do with them. Other than making maps.

I love tweaking the (concepts of) societies and watch how they develop (or destroy themselves really).

• Like 1

alicata ♦ changeling
intro | prologue | chapter I

I've written several novel-length things but have never thought any of them good enough to pursue publishing. I'm feeling hopeful about the cyberpunk I'm working on right now, though. I have a fair number of ideas for bits of fantasy writings, but I have yet to figure out how I want to bring them together for a story.

I do a lot of writing and world/society-building when I GM. I'm never satisfied with using other people's modules or campaign settings--I have to make them from scratch! But I do steal ideas from books and movies that my players are unfamiliar with.

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

I write. I've been published in small, non-paying markets. The dream is to one day make a living from writing. No... to make a luxury (a line I stole with permission from a fellow writer and NF member.)

The clsoest I've come to success is winning an Honorable Mention in the Writer's of the Future Contest for 2014. I'm currently working on finishing my next entry, which I'm certain will win 1st place, if I can just figure out how it ends in time. 

I've written poetry to fanfiction to short stories, but I've never been officially published. My stuff is mostly in the sci fi/fantasy genre. I'm also a writer by profession, but that's letters and memos and the like.

Most importantly though, I just finished (in June) my very first, original novel! :D

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

Most importantly though, I just finished (in June) my very first, original novel! :D

Congratulations!! Are you willing to share anything about it? Are you going to try to publish it?

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Congratulations!! Are you willing to share anything about it? Are you going to try to publish it?

*blushes* Thanks!

I want to try getting it published. At this point though I need an editor to go over it for me. Then I'll need to decide if I want to try getting it published as a physical book or as an eBook. Honestly I'd prefer a book so I can hold it in my hands. So it's still very much in progress!

It's a fantasy novel set in my original world where the heroine has lost everything (her family was slaughtered) and she must find the courage within to set things right and then save the world.

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

I am really late to this party as well! I have participated in Nanowrimo for 3 years, and am working on my first novel. And I am currently studying screenwriting. 

Also someone said something about story albums just thought I'd mention "Sergeant Peppers Lonely Heart's Club Band" by the Beatles, great album. 

• Like 1

"Our destiny is in the stars, so let's go and search for it."

I'm joining the writer's club!!

I have written 2 books in a different language. However, I want to write in English, so here I am!

• Like 1

Well hello everybody!

I've been writing blogs and books (that I don't love) and marketing copy (that I really don't love) for about ten years now.  For the past three years I've been focusing solely on screenplays (mostly TV, since I friggin' love TV) -- I had a great idea for a story but just couldn't make it work in a novel.  A friend suggested that I try writing it as a screenplay, and three days later I had 135 pages. I've been hooked ever since.  I live out in LA now, figuring that after years of rainy weather in Portland, a few years of sunny weather might be a good change of pace.  Plus, if I have any hope of making a living (or a luxury) at writing for TV, this is the place to be!

Planning on diving back into NaNoWriMo again this year but with an actual idea instead of just a vague winging it philosophy.

• Like 3

LEVEL 0 - Bosmer Ranger

STR: 0 -- DEX: 0 -- STA: 0 -- CON: 0 -- WIS: 0 -- CHA: 0

Level 1 Challenge Thread

“Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.†- Al Swearengen

I Write Stuff