Forums are back in action! ×

HOOAH! (Meaning anything you want it to mean~) And other such things here.

Hi-dee-hoo Neighbor's!

Call me Aerinity, I'm 28, work full time with a nation wide non-profit, have a noggin' full of brain science-y gook (under grad in psych, soc and human development), and will start off with saying please do pardon my particularly odd, and sometimes morbid sense of humor. I play video games (RPG, FPS, Action/adventure, platformers), read comics, play and run table top games, love cartoons, science (am in love with my new serotonin molecule necklace), watch a lot of movies, and love learning about new things. I keep myself as open minded as possible, and see little to no reason to not be accepting of most people/things as long as I view them as non-harmful. Moving on from that....

I seemed to have scored a critical success on my spot check when I recently stumbled upon this site (No dice shaming required on that day!). Hilariously, it all started when I was reading up on recommended reps per set for lifting while at the gym one afternoon that I saw my first NF article. At that point, as I sat there resting between sets, I had already read two of three articles which left me with my eyebrows furrowed at my phone and I was getting quite frustrated. Almost enough to toss my phone across the gym, but not quite enough to smash anything.... not quite yet.

Thankfully, I've got that going for me unlike one of my favorite big green guys. I'm not always angry. Though.... I'm an X-men girl at heart. Rogue, how I love thee, let me count the ways.... Just don't touch me and we'll be cool, yeah?

Anyway! I stumbled upon the NF reps per set rundown article and it just made sense. Far more than anything else I had been toying around with so far. It nearly made me want to shout with joy! An article that made sense! An article that could be read by someone who was somewhat new to the science side of fitness (I do get science, and I've taken some nutrition courses in my undergrad, and public health courses in my grad work (MS in Health Care Administration with a heavy dose of Public Administration) and all could be read in a rest period between sets too! Huzzah!

So, I signed up for the news letter, and trolled around the articles looking at all the new shiny things I could have as far as knowledge went. I mostly avoided the forums until recently when, after introducing a friend to this lovely site, she started carrying on to me about the sort of spooks that haunted these halls. So, I figured I'd give this a go. I mean, this isn't halloween, but I'm always up for a good fright, and hey, isn't knowing half the battle? I figure if I troll around here long enough, I ought to stir up some good sets of knowledge, and potential mutual support for the battles ahead before the war is won.

Basically, I'm likely to end up in the Ranger school of working out since I like a little bit of everything. I'm doing a mixed cardio/lifting routine right now that's worked pretty well for me so far since I'm looking to lose weight while maintaing and gaining strength. Currently I generally do a cariod/lift/cardio routine as I've found I can work out for up to two hours and wake up the next day with minimal or no soreness/stiffness which is muy bueno in my book. I'm down 10lbs from my starting goal with a lot more to lose. I was really into martial arts, boxing, fencing, hiking/endurance hiking, and kendo sword fighting as a teenager, and tried some pilates and yoga in my early 20's... But, life sometimes just goes crazy and you can't win quite as well as you'd like. I put on a ton of weight and quite frankly, I'm just sick of it is the short story, so I'm going to do something about it.

Anyway! I had a horrible joke written here about doing it with a rockstar and not seeing maps of tasmania as a nod to Amanda Palmer, but... I think I'll just let those horrible jokes go die in a fire. Maybe it can be attacked in the darkness with a magic missile.

And since I couldn't work these into subtle jokes throughout my writing/holy fuck is this post long, but I feel like being extra nerdy, here's some other comments I thought about trying to work into this post: Autobots roll out, red shirts always die, so glad the TMNT aren't going to be aliens in Michael Bay's movie.

PS: I'm torn on what to do for an image for this thing, any fun thoughts?

• Like 1

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

Hmmmmmm... I wonder if I may know you...

Dunno, are you here to start trouble, pretty lady~?

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current