Forums are back in action! ×

My husband rocks the kitchen

My husband just cooked such a nice lunch I told him I was going to talk him up on the internet, so here I am, doing just that.

He made a roasted pork leg as though it was nothing, just another regular lunch, and black beans and white rice to go with it (the Brazilian way). Since I'm going low-carb, I prepared some okra (he doesn't dig okra) and a cucumber salad, and couldn't resist but have some of the beans.

There was no photo-op though. I was mad with hunger and it didn't even cross my mind to stop and take a picture. I'm hoping my descirption and your imagination together will do.

Other things my beautiful hot-ass husband makes:

Feijoada. The real deal too.

Doughnuts. I swear to god.

Coconut desserts that remind me of my childhood.

All sorts af roasted animals. The animal kindgdom doesn't stand a chance in our kitchen.

Kick-ass fruit juices and smoothies.

And for those of you who are thinking, but, love, that's not low-carb, here's the truth about life: when your spouse goes in to the kitchen and makes home-made, love-filled, beautiful, sweet little doughnuts, that's a good reason to cheat on your diet!

Hooray for loving cooks!

• Like 3

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner