Forums are back in action! ×

About time I introduced myself

Hello! I felt it was about time I posted here and introduced myself. I'm Rachel, 25 and living in England (originally from Scotland). All my life I have dipped in and out of exercise. The first exercise I learned to do was swimming at a young age as I was signed up to the local swimming club and would later be in my schools swimming team. It wasn't my decision but I am happy that decision was made for me. Swimming is something I still enjoy to this day. From then into my teen years exercise was a big part of my life. Perhaps not always in a healthy way but I have learned a lot from that experience. It was mostly circuits based on information in magazines as that was my only source of information. Granted these were horrible and mostly focused on 'looking good', 'fit into that little black dress', 'impress that man'.

I started getting serious about my fitness a couple of years ago. That was when I first started reading Nerd Fitness (I told you it was about time I posted!) And since then I have learned a lot about exercise and how to improve myself. It has been an excellent resource and motivational tool. I did have a nearly two year gap but I am back to trying to improve my fitness again. I can now see how fit I became last time which is always a motivation!

Now I like to keep things varied and enjoy the wide range of benefits it all gives me. I still enjoy swimming, even if I don't do it so much now, and still do circuits (bodyweight and weights) but with a better focus and more push to improve. I have added lifting weights to my things I enjoy doing, also yoga and running. My main goal is to continue improving my fitness.

My goal here is to continue improving on my fitness, learn new things and challenge myself.

Current Challenge

Previous challenges:7, 6 5, 4,  3. 2, 1

I am the one thing in life I can control

Welcome!  It sounds like you've got a nice variety of things going.  Are you planning on joining the next 6 week challenge?  What sort of quest goal do you think you'll set for yourself if you do?

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Thanks! Yeah, I am planning on joining in on the next 6 week challenge. I have been thinking about what I am going to do for it for a couple of weeks. I haven't quite decided yet though. Being decisive has never been my strong point. But I am going to work on finding a goal to focus on while I still have a bit of time to consider it.

Current Challenge

Awesome!  I haven't locked down my goal yet, either.  I thought I had one, but it's not going to work out for me... back to the drawing board!

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

It's not like you have to have a specific goal just yet. Losing 100lbs is my main objective, but my MAIN goal is just to live healthier in general.

Witchy Ranger

Lose 100lbs by July 15, 2015 (305lbs down to 205lbs)

5%
5%

Measurements:

Start: Neck - 15.5 in       Chest - 49 in       Biceps - 15.5 in       Waist - 45 in       Hips - 55 in       Thigh - 32 in       Calf - 19 in

Current: Neck - 15.5 in       Chest - 49 in       Biceps - 15 in       Waist - 43 in       Hips - 53 in       Thigh - 30 in       Calf - 18 in

Welcome!

I like that you enjoy different exercises, I feel like it will spice things up for you later on down the road. You should definitely join the next challenge, I'm finishing up my first one, and I have to say that it has been awesome! The people here are so supportive and friendly, they're what makes the experience so amazing.

Remember that you can change you "main" goal next challenge if you decide that you don't like it, or it no longer suits you. Also, I personally feel like one of your goals should be oriented towards "life improvement". My life improvement goal was to drink 64 oz of water a day. Someone that has supported me has a goal of cleaning her room (once a week I think...) and another has a goal to read more.

Any hoodle, hope to see you around! Good luck with planning and plotting!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Pyrite_philter, glad to hear your first challenge, it is encouraging to hear this from people and makes me excited to do my first! Have been reading through yours, looks like you've been making progress and enjoying doing it! Congratulations!

• Like 1

Current Challenge