Forums are back in action! ×

Interval training works!

For the last couple months I have ditched the steady state cardio in favour of bodyweight strength training and HIIT (Sprintervals, as I like to call them). I went for my first run longer than 5km today, running steady and not overly pushing myself and absolutely smashed it in terms of average speed. It looks like 2 months of sprintervals have reduced my mile times from 10:15ish min/mile to around 9:15 min/mile, without me feeling any worse at the end of the run. If anything I actually felt better!

The moral of the tale........interval training works baby!

• Like 2

Race: Shortish Ogre| Class: Wannabe Assassin

[Level: 4 | STR 3 | DEX 4 | STA 9 | CON 3WIS 4 | CHA 3]

I've been doing cardio with changing resistance/incline intervals for a while but I just started doing sprintervals (love the name) and they're killing me right now. It's really encouraging to hear they actually do work from someone who has been doing them.

And major congrats! Taking a minute off your time AND not feeling it at the end is super awesome!

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

They really are agony but I can testify that they do work well at improving your steady state speed. Also found that my resting heart rate has dropped as a result, another win!

Today I thought I would mix it up and do some hill sprints rather than 30s sprint/90s walk/jogging that I had been doing. I nearly puked and still haven't quite recovered after 2 hours on the couch. I haven't decided if I am proud of the workout or just deeply regretting it!

Race: Shortish Ogre| Class: Wannabe Assassin

[Level: 4 | STR 3 | DEX 4 | STA 9 | CON 3WIS 4 | CHA 3]