Forums are back in action! ×

I'm going on an adventure! :D

Hello, everyone.

I'm drawf out of Cincy. I'm 27 and really excited to have found NF.

I have always been heavy. I grew up with an untreated anxiety disorder that was characterized by binge eating and food hoarding tendencies. A few years ago, with the unconditional support of my other half, I got treatment for my disorder. It is still a daily struggle, and for the most part I've just been living with the years of damage that it did.

Recently the thought of "I'm fat but I'm healthy" was challenged. Normal activities were getting more difficult. I was (am) tired all the time. I'm currently going through tests to find the primary cause, but it comes down to I'm starting to show signs of metabolic disorder which is impacting my sleep which making the metabolic disorder worse which is impacting my sleep further, so on and so forth. It was a wake up call. I don't want to die of gout and kidney failure and diabetes.

So. Enough origin story. I'm sure this is overshare. On to the battle plan!

Back in the days before my disorder I played soccer, swam for hours and later in life I weight lifted. I remember how much I loved doing all that. More recently my exercise has been limited to walking my dogs between work and class. I would tell myself I didn't have the time or room to do anything else. I've decided I can pencil in a few minutes for not dying.

My goals:

1.) Reduce my BMI to get out of the morbidly obese category.

2.) Get off some of my medicine.

3.) Do a mud run because that looks hella fun.

Plan of Attack:

1.) Stop eating candy, cookies, cake, etc. I have a miserable sweet tooth.

2.) Walk without interruption (I'm looking at you, dogs) every day building up to sprints.

3.) Incorporate more veggies and fruits daily.

4.) Work up to 3 sets of the BBWW every other day. I can currently get through two without dropping dead.

Once I get further, I think I'll be working up to being a Ranger. We will see where the path leads. Any advice anyone has is welcome, especially if you've been through any of this mess.

You guys rock.

Thereisonlyzuul

Jessica ZUUL || Level 1 Dwarf

4 STR || 2 DEX || 2 STA || 2 CON || 3 WIS || 0 CHA

1st ChallengeCurrent Challenge | Veg of the week thread

funny-pictures-there-is-no-fluffy.jpg

Ahem, I mean, HI!

It's always hardest to take the first steps!  But this community is awesome and supportive and if you put in the effort, you're going to do great!

Tackling a sweet tooth is so hard..... best of luck with that!  But as you fill up on better things, perhaps you'll eventually find that you have no room for dessert.  I used to eat a lot of sweets and these days I only have them once in awhile.

Are you planning to join the challenge?  I believe there is still enough time to do a full 4 weeks and get up to level 1 and see about joining the Rangers after all ^_^

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Hehe. I have that meme on my phone. I just need to take the time to get a small enough version to use it as my avatars.

So far the sweet tooth is a drain. I keep it at bay with bananas and nut butter or whatever fruit is around. I have an organic fruit and vegetable delivery service and kick butt farmer's market so I find it more convenient to stay on track.

I did join the challenge, I just need to get my thread set up. :3

Jessica ZUUL || Level 1 Dwarf

4 STR || 2 DEX || 2 STA || 2 CON || 3 WIS || 0 CHA

1st ChallengeCurrent Challenge | Veg of the week thread

Welcome aboard! You're just up the river from me (Louisville)

I had to retrain my dog when we started walking\running together. Now he ignores everyone just as much as I do. He's also learned to pee on the run, which is really weird now that I'm reading that. Have you looked at any of the couch to 5k programs? They rely on intervals to help speed your progress along. Or if you're into Zombies, the Zombies, Run! app is pretty fun. My wife hates zombie movies but loves the app\game for running.

I can't talk to the eating disorder, my only one is being picky but I love to eat. I've never been able to get the mindset that eating is only fuel. I can relate to the huge diet changes. i was traveling for  a living, ie eating out 6 days a week on an expense account and living in a hotel. It did not do well for my belly. With a little effort and discipline you can drop the weight pretty fast. i went hardcore into weight loss mode and dropped 52 lbs in 7 months. After all that time I can maintain my goal weight +/- 5 lbs without any real effort.

Love the name, I say that to my wife pretty often when she wants me to do something not fun.

Level 6 - Scout

Challenges - Lost Diary of a Scout

#5#4#3#2#1